GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Percentage off MSRP for a 2014 GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 03:12 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thebeard
Also, in norcal, I had done some research, but just ended up paying sticker price - out the door - under 60K - in early June, as I hate negotiating and wanted to buy locally.

It was with it - love the car!

Good luck!
I understand. My latest vehicle purchase (Honda Odyssey family-mobile) was shaping up to be the most painful transaction ever. Eventually I tried Cartelligent. Got a decent price on the hard to find (at the time) "Elite" trim and - most importantly - NEVER HAD TO STEP FOOT IN THE DEALERSHIP OR DEAL WITH THOSE *******s.
Old 08-15-14, 04:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I hate the back and forth process at the dealer. Most dealers I went to have this so called Internet Sales Manager, but when I got there he/she is the one going back and forth to the money guy behind the screen and still have to negotiate. I said to hell with it and left. Nobody's got time for that.

However, the dealer that I got my car from was super fast. I went straight to the Internet Sales Manager (REAL), he showed me his screen and all his calculations, no hidden crap, gave me the lowest price he can go (even lower than my price), shake hands and drive the new car home. All in less than 5 mins. The finance paperwork is the one taking a bit longer, but that's normal.

They even let me test drive a car without the salesman riding with us. Never in my life test driving a car alone! lol
Old 08-19-14, 02:07 PM
darth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG77
I did an extensive search for a well equipped GS350 Fsport in March. I shopped around prices fro dealers all over the US and eventually settled for a 2013 closeout model. From my research you shouldn't pay more than 52.8k for a car with an msrp of 59k. I think it's certainly possible to get closer to $52k. As the 2015 models start selling you'll obviously get better deals on the 2014's (over $10k off). Good luck! By the way I shipped my car from CA. TX dealers couldn't touch prices from CA and FL.
Can you tell me which dealer you used and the salesperson name. How much did it cost to ship the car from CA?
Thanks
Old 08-19-14, 02:32 PM
SSG77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darth
Can you tell me which dealer you used and the salesperson name. How much did it cost to ship the car from CA?
Thanks
I used El Cajon Lexus. My sales person was Ramona Cordova. I paid approx $700-750 to ship. Also, I just searched my inbox and I have emails with Keyes Lexus offering me over $10k off 2013 models back in February. Let me know if you need more names. I shopped around all over. Good hunting.
Old 08-19-14, 03:29 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks
I bought my 2013 in June at a higher discount than SSG77 referenced. The only trouble is when I looked in May/June most of the dealers that still had a 2013 weren't willing to discount more than 9-10k, which is nearly what you can get off a 2014. If you can find one go for it, but all of the cheaper dealerships have sold their 2013s.

I also dealt with Ramona and she wasn't able to do as good of a deal as Gary Kiner at Carlsbad Lexus. Over the 6 months I looked at cars Gary was always within $500 of the cheapest price from any dealer, and he said he would match the price. Give him a ring if you're willing to consider a 2014, and just tell him Chris from Orange County referred you.
Old 08-19-14, 04:03 PM
darth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Christobol
I bought my 2013 in June at a higher discount than SSG77 referenced. The only trouble is when I looked in May/June most of the dealers that still had a 2013 weren't willing to discount more than 9-10k, which is nearly what you can get off a 2014. If you can find one go for it, but all of the cheaper dealerships have sold their 2013s.

I also dealt with Ramona and she wasn't able to do as good of a deal as Gary Kiner at Carlsbad Lexus. Over the 6 months I looked at cars Gary was always within $500 of the cheapest price from any dealer, and he said he would match the price. Give him a ring if you're willing to consider a 2014, and just tell him Chris from Orange County referred you.
Are you saying that I can expect to get $10K off the MSRP for a 2014 Lexus GS?
Old 08-19-14, 11:52 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you saying that I can expect to get $10K off the MSRP for a 2014 Lexus GS?
You should read what I wrote again, "9-10k, which is nearly what you can get off a 2014", when I was looking for my car I was able to get a 2014 F Sport for 7500 off, and that was a few months ago so I'd imagine the discounts are up a bit. If you're looking for a cheaper model you won't find that kind of discount.
Old 08-20-14, 05:42 AM
darth
Driver School Candidate

You should read what I wrote again, "9-10k, which is nearly what you can get off a 2014", when I was looking for my car I was able to get a 2014 F Sport for 7500 off, and that was a few months ago so I'd imagine the discounts are up a bit. If you're looking for a cheaper model you won't find that kind of discount.
Yeah, I am looking for an F-sport as well. That is a nice discount. I have contacted your dealer. Let's see what he says. Thanks for your guidance
Old 08-20-14, 05:51 AM
darth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSG77
I used El Cajon Lexus. My sales person was Ramona Cordova. I paid approx $700-750 to ship. Also, I just searched my inbox and I have emails with Keyes Lexus offering me over $10k off 2013 models back in February. Let me know if you need more names. I shopped around all over. Good hunting.
Thanks
Can you give me the name of the shipper you used? How was your experience with them?
Old 08-20-14, 05:53 AM
SSG77
Driver School Candidate

Darth, like Christobol said. You should easily get 7.5k off. I have quotes for 52.8k for a 2014 from mid february. I ultimately opted for a fanastic deal on a 2013. But, you can certainly push for 10k. If not today you could probably get a steal in october when I belive the 2015s start arriving on lots.
Old 09-03-14, 08:36 AM
darth
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions on pricing. I finally got mine from a Texas dealer. I got $7,200 off MSRP for GS F sport

I called around in Florida and CA, but when you add in the shipping costs, the Texas deal turned out to be better.

Beautiful car. Handling is amazing, specially on winding roads in Sport Plus mode.
Old 09-03-14, 01:17 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions on pricing. I finally got mine from a Texas dealer. I got $7,200 off MSRP for GS F sport

I called around in Florida and CA, but when you add in the shipping costs, the Texas deal turned out to be better.

Beautiful car. Handling is amazing, specially on winding roads in Sport Plus mode.
Details?
Pictures?
Color?
DRS?

No details, no congrats for you!
Old 09-03-14, 07:51 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Details?
Pictures?
Color?
DRS?

No details, no congrats for you!
Yeah, what this guy said!!
Old 09-03-14, 08:20 PM
kcdude
Driver School Candidate

Man I am getting discouraged. I contacted an Internet Sales Manager at Lexus dealer in the Kansas city metro area and got the following bid for a 2014 GS F-sport:

Near $60k MSRP, $2,300 discount offered
Trade on my BMW: KBB trade value $47K, their bid was $38K
With taxes and fees, $21K due on my end.

I was figuring about a $52K-$45K deal. But $21K WTF? I responded to the dealership and got no reply. I got the same treatment on my last BMW and just decided to do a european delivery just to avoid the one and only KC BMW dealer. Now getting the same treatment from the lexus shop.

Where are all these great $52k deals?
Old 09-04-14, 03:29 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kcdude
Man I am getting discouraged. I contacted an Internet Sales Manager at Lexus dealer in the Kansas city metro area and got the following bid for a 2014 GS F-sport:

Near $60k MSRP, $2,300 discount offered
Trade on my BMW: KBB trade value $47K, their bid was $38K
With taxes and fees, $21K due on my end.

I was figuring about a $52K-$45K deal. But $21K WTF? I responded to the dealership and got no reply. I got the same treatment on my last BMW and just decided to do a european delivery just to avoid the one and only KC BMW dealer. Now getting the same treatment from the lexus shop.

Where are all these great $52k deals?
Buy one in CA, spend $1k to ship it home. Take your BMW to carmax

Quick Reply: Percentage off MSRP for a 2014 GS