GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Serious resonance issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-14, 02:25 AM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

An update:

The workorder is being done right now. The rear rubbers and some suspension struds are being relaced. I believe that an ECU update is also part of the work. This seems to be quite a big job. Since I am the first in the Netherlands that gets this done, the work takes a little longer. The car has been at the dealer since wednesday the 3rd and I should get it back on monday. This is what it looks like at the moment:

More to follow on monday.
Old 09-06-14, 04:30 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hube
Sorry, should have done that

I only have the roadforce measurement of the front tires. 35n en 45n. I'll attach a scan of the testresults. These are in Dutch however.

http://www.lexusforum.nl/Downloads/G...ose_wheels.pdf

There is also some more development. I asked my dealer what the results were for the recall. He told me it was never done. Which explains why I never felt a difference. Tuesday he needs to go through a "procedure" and after that I can make a new appointment for that.
Coverting 35N and 45 newtons to lbs gives you 7 and 10 lbs respectively which is perfectly within Lexus specs so your wheel and tires are fine. What about the rear ones?
Old 09-06-14, 06:02 AM
hube
Pole Position

I don't have those results. Other than the comment that they were better then the front.

For now I'll see what the result of the workorder is. It may be an issue specific to the GS450h F-sport afterall.
Old 09-09-14, 05:23 AM
GS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not as knowledgeable on such issue but is your wheel stock or after market upsize? any modification done to the car before? could those be the caused?
Old 09-09-14, 12:29 PM
hube
Pole Position

Hi, no its the stock f-sport still.

Just received the car back. It seems to be ok. I haven't felt the resonance yet.
Old 09-09-14, 04:17 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, no its the stock f-sport still.

Just received the car back. It seems to be ok. I haven't felt the resonance yet.
Glad to hear!!!!! I think I just have a junk rear tire. Not sure yet though.
Old 09-10-14, 12:39 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

hube, I hope this service was finally succesful. I fully understand your feelings since I am the one of little F-Sport owners in Czech Republic. Dealerships aren't experienced with new Lexus models because of low sales numbers in EU. But that's the price for uniqueness between all the bimmers and audis
Old 09-10-14, 02:38 PM
hube
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sick21
Glad to hear!!!!! I think I just have a junk rear tire. Not sure yet though.
Thank you and good luck to you!

Originally Posted by ZbynekZ
hube, I hope this service was finally succesful. I fully understand your feelings since I am the one of little F-Sport owners in Czech Republic. Dealerships aren't experienced with new Lexus models because of low sales numbers in EU. But that's the price for uniqueness between all the bimmers and audis
Well, it is definitely a unique car here. Unlike the model S I am not sure how the dealershipsystem works in the Czech republic, but here (The Netherlands) we have 9 dedicated Lexus dealers. However I agree that the GS450h F-sport is not a big seller here. I was the first to have this done in the Netherlands.
Old 09-10-14, 11:47 PM
ZbynekZ
Driver

I am not sure how the dealershipsystem works in the Czech republic, but here (The Netherlands) we have 9 dedicated Lexus dealers.
We have got 2 Lexus dealerships which can sell and service cars (Prague and Brno) and 2 more Lexus servicecenters which are Toyota dealerships with certified Lexus service (they can't sell cars). Both are in Prague.

The worst thing is that the one dealership in Prague is provided by Toyota Louwman and the quality of services is absolutely horrible. I was complaining to the importer Toyota Motor Czech already. Now I am visiting Toyota Tsusho to be more satisfied.

In past the most or every (I'm not sure) Toyota dealerships could sell and service Lexuses which was better for competition between them.

For comparison Netherlands is twice smaller country then CZE (42sqkm vs 79sqkm) but with more inhabitants (16.5 millions vs. 10.5) and you have 9 and we 2 dealerships. It is very probably related to the purchasing power where in Dutch is for sure much higher then here.

How many Audi, BMW or Mercedes dealerships do you have? On the each crossroad like we?
Old 09-11-14, 12:52 AM
hube
Pole Position

To put it blunt, every idiot that makes a little money buys a Audi, BMW or Merc here. If the boss allows them to lease, they will get the biggest one their budget can afford and cross off all the options. It is quite weird to see the amount of basic 518d's and A6 on the road with steel wheels in the winter. With a guy sitting in there that thinks he's just all that. Untill the GS wipes the smirk off his face that is!

Louwman is the Dutch importer, I have had good contacts and a good experience with them. They own pretty much every dealership of Lexus here and quite a few Toyota's.

Anyway, the resonance is definitely gone. It's a smooth ride now. But somehow they managed to increase the wheelgap. Which I hope will be sorted out:

Old 09-11-14, 01:08 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Don't you like?
Focus on center caps

Old 09-11-14, 01:14 AM
hube
Pole Position

No words.......