GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Keeping Sport+ as default?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-14, 06:44 AM
caneaddict
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping Sport+ as default?

Anyone know how to keep Sport+ as the initial setup every time I get in the car?
Old 08-02-14, 07:26 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Nope. EPA regulations delegate it gas to revert to normal every time you restart the car. It'll stay in Eco if you put it there though...
Old 08-02-14, 10:41 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting the new Acura TLX (based on the manual and dealer options) provides the option to stay in the same drive mode that you were in when the car was shut off (including Sport or Sport+). If it is an EPA regulation, I wonder why Acura was able to do it (maybe it has something to do with gas mileage not changing in those modes for the Acura?).
Old 08-02-14, 11:07 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind rotating the ****... I always feel like I'm doing this...

Old 08-02-14, 12:15 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RyanC, my understanding is the EPA lets the manufacture allow the car start in any mode. The trick is, you have to do you MPG testing in the highest mode that the car is able to start in, so in Acura's case, they are sacrificing MGP for driver convenience, which is all reality probably isn't a bad move consider that people spending this much on a car likely won't care about MPG THAT much, and those that do will likely do some research to learn how much of a gas savings you can get in a more ECO like driving mode.

caneaddict - there is an ECU addon that you can slap onto your car that changes the driving charastics in regard to the gas pedal. It has 3 sport mode, and 4 eco modes I believe. I think it stays with the last used setting rather than reverting like the car's system. I don't know if they have one that affects our suspension and steering though, might be worth asking them and see if it's an option. I don't remember the name of it, but it was posted on here in the last 2 or 3 weeis.
Old 08-02-14, 12:44 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Christobol
RyanC, my understanding is the EPA lets the manufacture allow the car start in any mode. The trick is, you have to do you MPG testing in the highest mode that the car is able to start in, so in Acura's case, they are sacrificing MGP for driver convenience, which is all reality probably isn't a bad move consider that people spending this much on a car likely won't care about MPG THAT much, and those that do will likely do some research to learn how much of a gas savings you can get in a more ECO like driving mode. caneaddict - there is an ECU addon that you can slap onto your car that changes the driving charastics in regard to the gas pedal. It has 3 sport mode, and 4 eco modes I believe. I think it stays with the last used setting rather than reverting like the car's system. I don't know if they have one that affects our suspension and steering though, might be worth asking them and see if it's an option. I don't remember the name of it, but it was posted on here in the last 2 or 3 weeis.
It's the Apexi throttle controller. I've heard some good things about it. Unfortunately there isn't anything for the steering and suspension though.
http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/smart...ontroller.html