GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-14, 08:13 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?

My Lexus dealer is also an installer of window tint and they offered a very good price with lifetime gaurantee. Also wanted the glass break sensor installed. So I called the assessory department to schedule an appointment. I specifically requested for a lexus loaner car but the service guy said all the lexus loaners are not available the day I scheduled. They said only a Toyota Corolla was available. So I insisted to change my schedule to three weeks out so surely they would have a Lexus availble for loan. The service guy said sorry that day is all loaned out too. Do you guys think this guy is giving me the shaft?. I just bought a $60,000 car and installing $800 worth of accessories and labor and they want me to drive around in a cheap econo car for 9 hours? Did this happend to you guys here?
Old 03-28-14, 08:16 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Interesting...I didn't know the dealers had anything but lexus loaners. He's probably lying to you because no way they would know if loan cars are reserved that far in advanced.
Old 03-28-14, 08:27 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I've had it happen to me. I was installing my fogs at a dealership 45 mins away and I had to schedule the installation 2 weeks ahead to get a loaner. When I got there, there were legitimately no loaners to be seen anywhere. When I returned mine I basically handed the keys to the next person waiting for one. I think it really depends on the volume of cars the service department has on average. If it's a busy dealership, they'll run out of loaners pretty quickly and accessory installation customers get last priority.
Old 03-28-14, 08:46 PM
LexFather

It's possible some days they are slammed with appointments and walk-ins. It's happened to me before but luckily I was okay to stay or take a shuttle somewhere
Old 03-28-14, 08:56 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's probably just being a ***** since you specifically requested a Lexus. I seriously doubt there is a schedule for when and what loaner vehicles are available that far ahead. I'd ask to speak to someone higher up than him and insist that you want at least a comparable loaner. You wouldn't see a Mercedes or Porsche dealership sticking their customers in el cheapo ****boxes.
Old 03-28-14, 09:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

If they are all out...they're all out.

It's happened to me once or twice in my 15 years of Lexus ownership. No big deal. I'm not so special I can't drive a Corolla for a day if they're out of Lexus loaners. To delay your accessory install three weeks because you can't drive a corolla for a day? To me that's ridiculous.

They actually don't have to give you a loaner for that accessory install at all. Lexus requires they provide loaners for longer term warranty work. Most dealers will give loaners for any service, but they don't have to.

As for Mercedes, I know many people with Mercedes and it's the same. If they are out of MB loaners...they're out.
Old 03-28-14, 09:17 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Be happy you got a loaner, the BMW dealer here almost never gives them out (Friend has a 2011 x5 that overheated and they didn't give him a car, hes out for a week) and same with Mercedes, they give a shuttle. If they do get a loaner its always a Nissan Altima. If they are out of Lexus loaners, they are out. I'm probably over steeping my bounds, but you aren't to good for a corolla so take it and be thankful.
Old 03-28-14, 09:41 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Some people will settle and be happy with whatever they're offered. The dealership LOVES that type of person because they're easy to please and easy to screw.

If they DO in fact have Lexus loaner vehicles I don't see why it's unreasonable to request one or to schedule your service for a date when one is available. It's personal preference and there is nothing wrong it.
Old 03-28-14, 10:07 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm surprised any Lexus dealership would even have Corollas. Having said that, who cares what you are driving for one day? If it gets me where I'm going, then I really don't care. No loaner is going to be as nice as my GS anyway.
Old 03-28-14, 10:15 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

1. Don;t give them your business
2. Ask for a discount for your service
3. Go find another dealer.
Old 03-28-14, 10:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Again...they don't "owe" you a loaner. 1&3 may apply...but not 2.

It's not about "settling", it's about being reasonable. If they don't have any Lexus loaners...they don't have any Lexus loaners. They can't wave a magic wand and make one appear...and like I said...they don't have to give you a loaner at all for this type of service.

If you aren't happy with that...take your business to another dealer. You might be surprised to learn that this dealer might not have too big a problem with that lol
Old 03-28-14, 10:36 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I didn't buy or lease from the dealership I went to but I got a decent loaner, 2014 ES 350. I had a choice of several copies of IS, CT and ES. No F-Sports though.
Old 03-28-14, 11:28 PM
flippd
Driver

I had my 5K service recently and asked if I could get a loaner to run some errands. They said minimum for their loaners is 3 hours, which won't probably be till the 30K service. Was stuck at the dealer for the 1.5 hours. No big deal though. Is this what other people get at their Lexus dealers?
Old 03-28-14, 11:29 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

All dealerships have their own preferences in regards to loaners. My dealership doesn't give GS loaners to anyone under the age of 25 due to a few young Lexus owners crashing the loaners. I always find it funny I'm not old enough to drive my own car according to my dealership. Other dealerships however have given me a GS, so it's all subjective. A friend who owns 335i took his car in to replace both turbos and they gave him a Malibu. Some dealerships have car rental companies on site that they occasionally pull cars from to give out as loaners.
Old 03-28-14, 11:41 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You could get your tint and alarm done at another shop that won't give you a loaner. I mean I could understand you being tee-d off if they had your car for 2+ days for warranty work and they wouldn't give you a Lexus, but come on. I'm sure you drove a way bigger pile back in high school or college than a new Corolla.

Quick Reply: Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?