GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What songs to showcase ML audio?

Old 07-27-14, 10:38 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What songs to showcase ML audio?

Just curious what songs you guys use to showcase the fidelity of ML audio when demoing it to your friends/family who've never heard it before? I'm not terribly into EDM, but have noticed that it really does seem to come alive with good highs and lows with certain EDM songs.
Old 07-27-14, 02:24 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I sometimes play Sail by Awolnation. I'm not sure if it really shows off the system but it sure sounds damn good lol. I actually play the Avengers movie to show off. There's a scene towards the end that really shows off the surround sound.
Old 07-27-14, 06:45 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I sometimes play Sail by Awolnation. I'm not sure if it really shows off the system but it sure sounds damn good lol. I actually play the Avengers movie to show off. There's a scene towards the end that really shows off the surround sound.
i wonder how the Batman Dark Knight scene in China would sound like
Old 07-27-14, 07:04 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Does the system play Bluray???
Old 07-27-14, 07:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The best sound I've ever heard from my iPod on the ML system is "Stepping Stone" by Duffy. Rich bass, definition, clarity. Outstanding. Also, pretty much anything from The Rolling Stones Forty Licks album.
Old 07-27-14, 07:17 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
Does the system play Bluray???
Nope nope nope.
Old 07-27-14, 08:01 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
The best sound I've ever heard from my iPod on the ML system is "Stepping Stone" by Duffy. Rich bass, definition, clarity. Outstanding. Also, pretty much anything from The Rolling Stones Forty Licks album.
Thanks for the suggestion. Played the 90 second preview from my iPhone and it did sound very nice on ML, very crisp. Ended up liking the song, so there goes another $1.29

Originally Posted by yardie876
Nope nope nope.
I didn't think so. Another question, is there a difference in audio quality between BT streaming vs USB? I've only used BT so far due to the convenience factor.
Old 07-27-14, 08:07 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phronesis - Walking Dark is an excellent recording and showcases the ML's surround sound capability. That is if the jazz trio's music is to your tastes.
Old 07-28-14, 12:48 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Some rap brings the best out of the system. Esp newer songs
Old 07-28-14, 08:13 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Unplugged version Hotel California will be nice! Even though I dun have the ML, but this song sounds stunning on the Lexus premium sound system.

Last edited by ronfsp; 07-28-14 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-28-14, 09:54 AM
GBFSport
Rookie

Play Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" it sounds amazing on the ML. Another great one to showcase is "Rock the Casbah" from The Clash.
Old 07-28-14, 10:54 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GBFSport
Play Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" it sounds amazing on the ML. Another great one to showcase is "Rock the Casbah" from The Clash.
Yep, Welcome to the Machine helped sell me on the system from my first test drive. It was streaming over Bluetooth but my phone supports A2DP so it sounded good.

If you can find any surround-encoded DVD audio discs, they also really shine on the system. I have a few here. Not easy to track down, and not all of them play while you're driving thanks to a lack of standards with how they were produced.

Now that I think about it, since it plays video DVD's, and most recent movies are at least 5.1 surround, try a movie in it. You'll have to be sitting still of course, but you can still hear the sound system in surround mode.

><Edit: Dug this up while doing some googling, a legit way to find and buy DVD-A surround discs from Amazon: http://www.dvd-a.net/musicstore.html

Last edited by Afrosheen; 07-28-14 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added a link
Old 07-29-14, 11:15 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No feedback Ramon?
Old 07-30-14, 12:10 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Sorry, lost track of this thread... I played the piece zicogold mentioned and while Jazz isn't my favorite genre, hearing the clarity in all the different instruments sounded very good

My own discovery, Animals by Martin Garrix sounds excellent, one of the handful of EDM songs I like. Ready Steady Go by Paul Okenfold sounded pretty good too.

I get an allergic reaction to rap music that makes me want to drive my car off the nearest cliff, so I probably won't be sampling too many rap songs. Some of Eminem's stuff is acceptable though.

Titanium by Madilyn Bailey (not the David Guetta version most people are familiar with) sounded nice. This version is almost A cappella with just a piano playing, but the vocals really dominate and come alive with ML

I'll definitely have to give Hotel California and Ping Floyd a listen, haven't yet.
Old 07-30-14, 08:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
Thanks for the suggestion. Played the 90 second preview from my iPhone and it did sound very nice on ML, very crisp. Ended up liking the song, so there goes another $1.29
That will be the best $1.29 you ever invested. You will love the song and the way it sounds with the ML system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What songs to showcase ML audio?