GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS 350 vs IS 350 F SPORTS

Old 07-25-14, 07:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I thought the heated and ventilated front seats are standard on all GS.
Old 07-25-14, 07:23 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was also considering something smaller and the IS would have been the natural choice. However, after I had an IS250 loaner for a couple of days I just wasn't sure I could take that step down. The positive was that it was a blast to drive and held the corners much better than my larger GS. I wasn't as turned off as some by the lower grade materials, but it did seem that the graphics in the screen weren't as clear as in the GS. The biggest negative for me was the amount of road noise I heard and the choppy ride from the shorter wheelbase. Maybe if it had had the ML sound system like mine does I could have turned it up and drowned out the noise. Really, the only advantages I found with the IS were maneuverability and driving fun. I was happy to get my GS back after the loaner because it did feel like I'd moved back up the ladder.
Old 07-25-14, 07:29 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I thought the heated and ventilated front seats are standard on all GS.
They are. I think the confusion lies in the fact that two different models are being discussed. Heated/ventilated seats are standard on all GS models, including the F-Sport, but they are not available on the '14 IS 250/350 F-Sport. They will become available on the 2015 model.
Old 07-26-14, 05:37 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
I was under the impression that the GS F-Sport didn't have ventilated seats? But perhaps I was wrong about that. I know the 14 IS F Sport doesn't have them here in the US, but it will be standard heated/ventilated on the IS F Sport in 2015.
GS FSport has ventilated seats. I have them on my 2013 car.
Old 07-26-14, 07:03 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just stopped by Lexus dealer today to compare GS vs IS. I must say that GS is way to go. I will buy GS for sure no question ask except negotiating for the price. The IS is kind of small to me and too cramp on the seat. The IS is missing alot of features especially the nav. I can't stand of that small nav. One thing I hate about this IS is a cup holder. I will wait another few months for 2015 GS model and then make decision.

I also stopped by BMW today. One thing hit right on my face is no one serve me. I have to go around looking for saleman to open the 2015 M3 for a quick view. However it took them 3 hours just to find a guy whom holding that damn M3 key. Finally they told me, they couldn't find a key. What a **** off.

The 2015 M3 and 2015 GS is my priority car that I will buy in the next few months.
Old 07-26-14, 11:31 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I traded in my 2014 IS250 FSport for a 2014 GS350 FSport and havent looked back. Bigger, quieter, more comfortable, better nav system, better mark levinson, lots of other cool features the IS doesnt have.... But its all in what you want. The IS ended up being way too small for me...
Old 07-27-14, 07:00 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
I just stopped by Lexus dealer today to compare GS vs IS. I must say that GS is way to go. I will buy GS for sure no question ask except negotiating for the price. The IS is kind of small to me and too cramp on the seat. The IS is missing alot of features especially the nav. I can't stand of that small nav. One thing I hate about this IS is a cup holder. I will wait another few months for 2015 GS model and then make decision.

I also stopped by BMW today. One thing hit right on my face is no one serve me. I have to go around looking for saleman to open the 2015 M3 for a quick view. However it took them 3 hours just to find a guy whom holding that damn M3 key. Finally they told me, they couldn't find a key. What a **** off.

The 2015 M3 and 2015 GS is my priority car that I will buy in the next few months.
I get the same treatment at my local BMW stealerships too. They think were invisible unless we are dressed in a suit or tux will they ever consider us. Too bad because I spent my money elsewhere and they just lost a sale. I once took my boss to car shop with her. She was looking for a Mercedes Suv. The Mercedes dealer didnt even bother to talk to her. And when we did ask about the car the sales man made us sit in lobby and wait for the next availble salesman. We sat there for 15 mins and realized the they just didnt want to service us. So we walk right out of there and next door to a Lexus dealership and we ended up buying a 2013 Lexus LX570 for $90,000. She wrote a check and paid it off. We drove to the front doors of the Mercedes dealership and wave hello at those salemen and flashed our sales contract at them. Then I went home and emailed the Mercedes dealership and letting them know that their ignorance was the reason they lost a 90,000$ sale that day.
Old 07-27-14, 07:50 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Same thing here. I went to a BMW dealership a few months ago looking for a 550i because I wanted more power (my "story" I told them) and after waiting for a salesman for 10 minutes I finally went and found one myself only for him to tell me to go walk around the lot.
Old 07-27-14, 06:51 PM
symple84
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for your input. I went with the GS and this was coming from a 535i.
Old 07-28-14, 10:53 PM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GS F Sport hands down!! My next car
Great Pick Lexus>BMW
Old 07-29-14, 04:44 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - this seems to be a common problem amongst BMW dealerships. I had the exact same problem - I walked around and nobody would talk to me. I didn't bother to dress up or anything - but I walked around for a good 20 mins inside the dealership and nobody talked to me, and another 15 mins or so outside looking at cars in their lot and not one person even asked if I needed help.

I bought my GS350 AWD F-Sport the next weekend

At the Lexus dealerships (I've been to a few) - if there aren't salesperson waiting outside to greet you, there is always a receptionist when you first walk in who will help you and get a salesperson right away.
Old 07-29-14, 05:32 AM
GBFSport
Rookie

Ditto on the BMW experience, happened to me more than once. Lexus service is in another sphere altogether, from sales and service. Used to be a BMW guy then went to Audi for three A 6's, nice car but after the warranty strange how things kept going wrong.

Just brought my GS F Sport and could not be more pleased, Lexus cars are getting better style wise and really compliment their service.
Old 07-29-14, 10:10 AM
spec23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by symple84
Thanks everyone for your input. I went with the GS and this was coming from a 535i.
interesting. if you don't mind me asking, was it the sports package on the 535? did you consider a 14 535 and if so, what made you decide to go with the GS?

there are some major deals going on for the 535 as well but i think the GS deals are still better for something "comparably" equipped and close to the same msrp.

residual on the bmw is better at 61% vs the gs f sport at 59%, at least in my region. the MF is really good for lexus. .0005 is the lowest i've seen but bmw is is near .00175.
Old 07-29-14, 04:10 PM
symple84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spec23
interesting. if you don't mind me asking, was it the sports package on the 535? did you consider a 14 535 and if so, what made you decide to go with the GS?

there are some major deals going on for the 535 as well but i think the GS deals are still better for something "comparably" equipped and close to the same msrp.

residual on the bmw is better at 61% vs the gs f sport at 59%, at least in my region. the MF is really good for lexus. .0005 is the lowest i've seen but bmw is is near .00175.
I got .00015 mf on my lease while BMW standard rate is .0013 but often gets marked up. Plus, I was able to save money on car insurance because I wasnt required to carry lease coverage. Comparable 535i M Sports would have leased for 650 plus a month and would have required at least 2500 out of pocket at signing. While I do think the BMW feels better on the road, the GS is a smooth ride and has much improved interior over the BMW. Besides iDrive, the interiors of all BMW's dont feel upscale imo.
Old 07-29-14, 04:50 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GBFSport
Ditto on the BMW experience, happened to me more than once. Lexus service is in another sphere altogether, from sales and service. Used to be a BMW guy then went to Audi for three A 6's, nice car but after the warranty strange how things kept going wrong.

Just brought my GS F Sport and could not be more pleased, Lexus cars are getting better style wise and really compliment their service.
I think this varies from dealership to dealership. There are two very large BMW dealers within 10 miles of my house.

One of them has sales guys walking towards your car as you're parking (Irvine BMW). They have always let me really get on a car, and the sales guy took the M3 up to 100 on side business district streets and seemed more than comfortable with me doing the same.

The other dealership (Crevier BMW), you have to spend 5 minutes trying to find someone that is free. If you want a new car sales guy, you'll find someone within 5 min. If you're looking at used it could be much longer. Then I found that their sales people didn't know much about the cars I was test driving.

MB had one guy walk up to me within a minute (and that seemed appropriate.

Long Lexus had someone approaching me as I got out of my SC. A few days earlier I called for pricing and was told they don't give out pricing on the phone, but as the largest volume dealer in the area they would beat anyone else. When I showed up I just talked to the guy who walked up to me, and avoided talking to the guy I spoke with on the phone. He laughed at me when I told him how much I wanted to pay for a 14 GS F Sport, 51.5, and said it was impossible to buy one that cheap and the best i could do is 54.5. Three other dealers had already said they would sell for 52.5 or less (Crown, Newport, Carlsbad - where I bought my car). He basically walked away from me like I was the plague and said he wouldn't even waste his time talking to his sales managers.

So rudeness doesn't seem to be by brand rather than the owner of the dealership. Oh and Audi has always treated me well, as has Acura.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GS 350 vs IS 350 F SPORTS