GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 07:55 PM
wickedap1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout

Hello everyone, just wanted to share a few pictures of my GS350 F Sport. I got the GS back in April and have been loving every minute of it. Before this I used to own an S2000 that I modded pretty heavily until it became too impractical for me to keep. I then moved on to the 2IS that I surprisingly was able to keep completely stock until it got sold. The first thing I noticed when i got the GS is the build quality. The difference between the GS and IS is night and day. Everything from the interior to the ride/comfort is so much better.

I haven't done too much to it but I'm happy so far. I apologize for the crappy pics, the weather was muggy but I also suck at taking pictures . She gets a real photo-shoot with someone I know in a couple of weeks! Better pictures to follow soon!

If anyone is interested on my current mods:
Vossen CV7 20 x 9 and 20 x 10 - Silver polished
Skipper front and sides
Roof spoiler from Spoiler king
Tanabe NF210 Springs
Re-out tails, clear bra and vinyl wrapped front bumper

Future mods I'm considering:
Airrex struts w/ accuair - Need more low!! The wheel gap is bugging the hell out of me
STi-R Clear lens retrofit - I loved the light output and purple/blue flicker from the cutoff band on my original S2000.
LED DRL Fogs - Have it just need to install them
Vossen VFS-2???? Didn't like them at first but they grew on me. Should of gotten them in the first place
Skipper Roof Spoiler - To complete the look

Tell me what you guys think and thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout-dsc01188.jpg   Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout-dsc01189.jpg   Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout-dsc01191.jpg   Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout-dsc01197.jpg   Trying to do just enough to hopefully standout-dsc01200.jpg  

Old 07-14-14, 08:01 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Paint your calipers. The rest looks good. I'm still kinda iffy on the blacked out section of the front bumper, but it is different and the RC F Sport will be rocking this look.
Old 07-14-14, 08:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

so you're saying this car does not stand out from the rest... or are you tired of it and looking to add more, or shall i say different. the car looks great as is. you can do more, but why??? i know, i know, because it is your car and you want to. i feel you, i'm sure that whatever you choose will be good.
Old 07-14-14, 08:55 PM
Pilotpri
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same set up..minus the front lip and side skirts! ..I keep my front grill stock..nice work!
Old 07-14-14, 09:31 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Looks great!
Old 07-14-14, 11:20 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by wickedap1
Hello everyone, just wanted to share a few pictures of my GS350 F Sport. I got the GS back in April and have been loving every minute of it. Before this I used to own an S2000 that I modded pretty heavily until it became too impractical for me to keep. I then moved on to the 2IS that I surprisingly was able to keep completely stock until it got sold. The first thing I noticed when i got the GS is the build quality. The difference between the GS and IS is night and day. Everything from the interior to the ride/comfort is so much better.

I haven't done too much to it but I'm happy so far. I apologize for the crappy pics, the weather was muggy but I also suck at taking pictures . She gets a real photo-shoot with someone I know in a couple of weeks! Better pictures to follow soon!

If anyone is interested on my current mods:
Vossen CV7 20 x 9 and 20 x 10 - Silver polished
Skipper front and sides
Roof spoiler from Spoiler king
Tanabe NF210 Springs
Re-out tails, clear bra and vinyl wrapped front bumper

Future mods I'm considering:
Airrex struts w/ accuair - Need more low!! The wheel gap is bugging the hell out of me
STi-R Clear lens retrofit - I loved the light output and purple/blue flicker from the cutoff band on my original S2000.
LED DRL Fogs - Have it just need to install them
Vossen VFS-2???? Didn't like them at first but they grew on me. Should of gotten them in the first place
Skipper Roof Spoiler - To complete the look

Just to let you know the Airrex kits for the new GS is only availible in complete kits.
Old 07-14-14, 11:28 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice ride.

But damn, somebody needs to trim those weeds in the background. Fire season.
Old 07-15-14, 03:33 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedap1
Ok I think it looks great but if you wanted to be different a suggestion you could have had the skipper kit painted the same color as the rear diffuser, just a suggestion as it would look different.
Old 07-15-14, 06:01 AM
DaGou
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great man. I still have my supercharged S, can't give it up but love the GS as well, different cars for different things. Does the vinyl wrap for the front bumper come pre-cut from anyone? Also I assume no issues with NF210, I want that to be my next mod.
Old 07-15-14, 07:20 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

loooks amazing!!! is this the starfirepearl??
Old 07-15-14, 09:24 AM
ttran1130
Driver School Candidate

Looks just like my GS. Except my GS has fog lights and the wald rear spoiler. And I didn't want to put the skipper badge on the side lip so I smoothed it out with bondo. Simple and clean.

Last edited by ttran1130; 07-15-14 at 09:29 AM.