GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why is the F-Sport more popular than the Luxury?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-14, 12:26 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
F-Sport or Luxury...
Heck,1000' ft in front on you,the GS looks like a Sonata.
Sad but true.
Old 09-05-14, 12:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
What are the differences in the two wheel choices?

BTW, I can't even build one with Luxury package on Lexus.com. Is it the "Premium Package with Options"?

Ed
These are the Premium wheels:

These are the Luxury wheels:

Originally Posted by jtrue28
If I'm on the road driving, there is not one single way I can distinguish between Luxury and Premium. Both wheels look horrible, so that is not something that would give me any indication.
Whether you think they "look horrible" or not...they are still obviously different wheels.

I can see how someone would dislike the luxury wheels, I did but they grew on me. But I don't see how someone could say the premium wheels "look horrible". They're just split 5 spoke wheels. Not that different from the F Sport wheels, they have a better finish, sharper spokes and are bigger obviously.

Just FYI...we're all fellow GS owners here. Having opinions is fine, but saying crap like "the wheels look horrible" is just rude. I've said I don't care for the F Sport, but I haven't said "I think the front bumper on the F Sport is stupid looking and looks half completed" I actually do think that, but I choose to say "I don't care for it" because thats friendly and polite. Just a suggestion.
Old 09-05-14, 01:16 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think every GS looks good, except I'm not really a fan of the luxury wheels. But other than that, I find that the lower trim level GS remains far more handsome than a basic A6 or 5 series. There's really no telling why the F Sport is so popular.. Right? I could see why though, it's very striking and good looking. And it's kind of a first for lexus to do anything athletic that isn't a small IS, even then the IS wasn't all that daring in the past. Apparently Lexus tapped into a market of people waiting to be exciting and surprised and they did just that with the F Sport lines in their new products.
Old 09-05-14, 01:26 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

U guys remember this?? This made me want the 4GS so bad when it first came out!!

Old 09-05-14, 01:28 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

That commercial is really cool! I never saw it.. But I do like the current commercial of most of the models where it's night time and it starts out with a couple making out in the rain lol
Old 09-05-14, 01:30 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
That commercial is really cool! I never saw it.. But I do like the current commercial of most of the models where it's night time and it starts out with a couple making out in the rain lol
Oh that would be this one.

I collect Lexus commercials.
Old 09-05-14, 02:09 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Lol Speaking of car commercials - off topic here - have you ever seen the I'm a horny ninja honda civic commercial?? Haha it was a funny one
Old 09-05-14, 02:41 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

My apologies. Everyone's cars look fantastic!

It's all a matter of taste. I dislike the "Luxury" wheels. I'm entitled to that. (They look horrible....to me). The car without a spoiler just doesn't look right. Incredibly enough, Lexus must have thought...hmmm....let's add those options to a "sportier" model....

Hence the reason they used the F-Sport in the SB ad, and why this whole thread got started.

Good luck with your cars. I'm out.

Last edited by jtrue28; 09-05-14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-07-14, 02:17 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Just to be clear, the US F Sport does come with ventilated seats and always has.
Thanks. Good to hear
Old 11-21-14, 01:38 AM
Bogie55
Driver School Candidate

Well this is a very interesting tread because this was a very touchy subject between my wife and I. I wanted the F Sport and she wanted the Luxury model. She liked the wood interior vs the alum. It was her car to drive and she wanted to pick out the car she was driving this time...lol But I have to agree, I think this car looks better with a spoiler and bigger rims. So my plans are to upgrade wheels to the F sport 19 ( because I think the 18 inch wheels do not fit the look of the car), add a spoiler, and maybe change to the f sport grill ( not sure). There were some options in the Luxury package she had to have, so that's why we opt to get it instead of the F sport .With these two upgrades, I will feel a little better when I am driving it.
Old 11-21-14, 08:10 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of any of the rim options either, but the split spokes have kinda grown on me. If your looking at getting a factory spoiler there are two kinds, lux and f sport versions.
Old 11-21-14, 08:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not a fan of the luxury pkg wheels.I prefer the thick 5 spoke design.
I went with the luxury pkg because I love the luxury features of the lux pkg over the F-Sport features.
The luxury pkg GS is sporty enough for me.
Old 11-21-14, 09:51 AM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about this for a bit, and I'd have probably just gone with a slightly older LS if I wanted a luxury car at the same price. I wanted a sports sedan, and (as I mentioned in another thread) I pretty much always drive it in Sport+ mode.
Old 11-24-14, 02:32 AM
Bogie55
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of any rim option but out of any, I'd prefer the f sport. Thought hard about going after market, but I know we never keep vehicles long (hopefully this one at least 4 years) but if I were to trade it, didn't want to have to worry about what I was doing with the rims before I traded it in..
Old 11-24-14, 06:14 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
My apologies. Everyone's cars look fantastic!

It's all a matter of taste. I dislike the "Luxury" wheels. I'm entitled to that. (They look horrible....to me). The car without a spoiler just doesn't look right. Incredibly enough, Lexus must have thought...hmmm....let's add those options to a "sportier" model....

Hence the reason they used the F-Sport in the SB ad, and why this whole thread got started.

Good luck with your cars. I'm out.
Don't worry, i agree with you too. Don't listen to the bashing.

Quick Reply: Why is the F-Sport more popular than the Luxury?