GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What's your plan after the 4GS?

Old 07-01-14, 09:12 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
According to insiders on this forum, the new GS-F will have 600+ hp. It should be competitive to the German RS/AMG/M....
I have not heard of a 600+ HP GS-F in all my readings in car chat. I have heard anything from 450 to slightly over 500, with the wishful thinkers hoping for more. If your information is true, then the deciding factor could be interior (rear seat room, bells and whistles) and justification of the price differential. The exterior re-design of the next generation LS will also have to be aesthetically pleasing!
Old 07-01-14, 10:02 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
I have not heard of a 600+ HP GS-F in all my readings in car chat. I have heard anything from 450 to slightly over 500, with the wishful thinkers hoping for more. If your information is true, then the deciding factor could be interior (rear seat room, bells and whistles) and justification of the price differential. The exterior re-design of the next generation LS will also have to be aesthetically pleasing!
Highly doubt 600 hp or more, no way I see them making more than the LFA.
Old 07-01-14, 10:53 AM
LexFather

I'm scared Was super gun-ho for the GS F until the baby...wife already bringing up space, SUVs and how the LS rides nicer...

Perfect world..GS F...we will see ...otherwise RX F-sport might be what she wants....
Old 07-01-14, 01:29 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand all the LS talk. My grown kids think the GS is a boat. Imagine what they would think about the LS! I don't want riding on air. That's boring.

I have a 27 month lease. I wish it was 24. Anyway, my lease is up fall 2015, just after 2016 models hit the lots. After the 4GS? That's easy...

Jaguar F-type R Coupe. 550 HP, 501 lb ft torque.

The kids can walk or drive their own damn car.
Old 07-01-14, 01:42 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im not sure why anyone will call the GS F-sport a boat. Not even close.

Regardless, I love my GS f-sport and I have 8 months left to decide when my lease ends. I am not sure what to get next and I think it will be the 2015 GS but they have to get a new v6 engine with better gas mileage because I do a lot of driving and I feel getting 290-300 on a tank is sub-par. I have looked into the A7 TDI as an alternative. Another choice would be the new Porsche mid-size sedan (unnamed) or jaguar XJ awd. I had a 2011 BMW 5 latest generation and would not consider that one ever again. .
Old 07-01-14, 02:12 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you're looking for great mileage you're looking at the wrong car. Have you considered a Prius or the GS450h?
Old 07-01-14, 02:29 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Trek
I don't understand all the LS talk. My grown kids think the GS is a boat. Imagine what they would think about the LS! I don't want riding on air. That's boring.

I have a 27 month lease. I wish it was 24. Anyway, my lease is up fall 2015, just after 2016 models hit the lots. After the 4GS? That's easy...

Jaguar F-type R Coupe. 550 HP, 501 lb ft torque.

The kids can walk or drive their own damn car.
You mentioning that specific Jag tells me you are in a different position in life (grown kids, etc) than me personally. I have a 13.5 month old with plans for one more next year. Having the ONE car seat in the 4GS really limits the passenger's room. It currently works because I drive when the family is in the car. But the LS would eliminate that issue for the driver (me) when we have 2 car seats. And I fail to see anything boring about an LS-F?

On a side note my wife wants that Jag you mention. She will have to wait!

Edit: I thought you were the one "debating" between the ZL-1 and said Jaguar....I have little indecision regarding the LS-F as my next vehicle.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 07-01-14 at 02:32 PM. Reason: mind served me well
Old 07-01-14, 02:43 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Highly doubt 600 hp or more, no way I see them making more than the LFA.
Sorry I forgot to include your quote in my last response. I agree with you here, good point. Perhaps the LS-F will approach this...?
Old 07-01-14, 02:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by BRJACKET
I had an Audi A6. To date, it was the most fun driving car I have had. Unfortunately, it also was the most service prone car.
What year was your A6? I know reliability has gotten MUCH better.

Originally Posted by Trek
Different strokes for different folks. The GS is hardly a boat, and its too tight in the rear IMHO. The LS isn't all that boaty actually believe it or not, and you have the F Sport trim, etc. The LS drives like its on glass, and the ride is totally silent, but its not boaty or wallowy. The GS has more personality than the LS, but I LOVED my Dad's LSs...and the current LS is a little sportier/livlier than they were.

I'm in a stage of life and business where a coupe or small car just doesn't cut it. I need to be able to carry people comfortably, need to have room for kid/kids, etc. For instance I just drove to WV with myself and 3 other adults and my cousin and his wife were miserable in the back. I love the GS, but the only reason I don't have an LS is $$. I also like the feel and look of a big body car.

An interesting car is the Infiniti Q70L. Not as big or expensive as an LS, but sort of like a GS with a longer wheelbase. I'd be interested in that if Infinitis in general weren't so "blah" to me. I really think my next car will be a pretty basic LS460. I'd love to find a RWD one...I'd have to get it down south.
Old 07-01-14, 03:16 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
If you're looking for great mileage you're looking at the wrong car. Have you considered a Prius or the GS450h?
GS450h if it has awd since I live in the snow belt. Otherwise The GS f-sport is such a great car I am willing to sacrifice a bit of gas mileage.

Last edited by Rexus300; 07-01-14 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 03:41 PM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

I tend to keep my cars a really long time, so after the 4GS I'll probably end up with something that has AWD with an electric motor per wheel. It'll be powered by fusion, or celery, or something.
Old 07-01-14, 04:06 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by FishBike
I tend to keep my cars a really long time, so after the 4GS I'll probably end up with something that has AWD with an electric motor per wheel. It'll be powered by fusion, or celery, or something.
LOLOLOLOL I'm with you.
Old 07-01-14, 05:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Funny you mention this as it has been on my mind for a few months. I am much farther out than you because I purchased mine. Once I pay it off I will wait 6 months to a year and then sell and step up.

My current options are:

5LS F
Audi S8 or RS7
M6 Gran Coupe

I love my GS, still have a few years left with it and will enjoy every minute. I am a big body, sporty and luxurious 4 door sedan guy. Must have room for family hauling in addition to the added performance.
Good taste friend
Old 07-01-14, 06:01 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
What year was your A6? I know reliability has gotten MUCH better.

Different strokes for different folks. The GS is hardly a boat, and its too tight in the rear IMHO. The LS isn't all that boaty actually believe it or not, and you have the F Sport trim, etc. The LS drives like its on glass, and the ride is totally silent, but its not boaty or wallowy. The GS has more personality than the LS, but I LOVED my Dad's LSs...and the current LS is a little sportier/livlier than they were.

I'm in a stage of life and business where a coupe or small car just doesn't cut it. I need to be able to carry people comfortably, need to have room for kid/kids, etc. For instance I just drove to WV with myself and 3 other adults and my cousin and his wife were miserable in the back. I love the GS, but the only reason I don't have an LS is $$. I also like the feel and look of a big body car.

An interesting car is the Infiniti Q70L. Not as big or expensive as an LS, but sort of like a GS with a longer wheelbase. I'd be interested in that if Infinitis in general weren't so "blah" to me. I really think my next car will be a pretty basic LS460. I'd love to find a RWD one...I'd have to get it down south.
I don't think the GS is a boat but my kids do. I considered the LS before I picked the GS. I liked the roominess but it was almost too roomy for my taste. GS is the perfect size. Still, I'm itching to own a totally impractical, non-family type car. Something more upscale and kind of arrogant. You know, something like a Jag F-Type R Coupe.

I like that you get a complimentary day at the Jaguar High Performance Driving School in Austin, Texas, and you get to drive a professional track (Circuit of the Americas) with professional instruction. Everyone else has to pay, so you don't have to own a Jag to go. I do think it is unfair that other F-Type model buyers have to pay and only the "R" owners go for free. Buy the convertible F-Type? You pay, just like a Honda owner. Buy the "S" Coupe for 90K? You pay, just like a Prius owner. Wow, that's rough. I guess they assume only the R Coupe is "high performance" or they expect most F-Type buyers will not go all the way to the R Coupe and they would lose too much money if every F-Type buyer, regardless of model, got in for free.

Anyway, I priced out a F-Type R Coupe with desired options. Whew. $104,730! And that's without the special $12,000 Carbon Fiber brakes that don't fade. At this price, there is a good chance I will chicken out in the last minute, but I hope not.

Last edited by Trek; 07-01-14 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 07:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think we can all agree that we're in different stages in life. I think the LS is a great car, something to aspire to, and it's within my budget but why do I need it? I have no kids to haul around and I work from home. I haul passengers in the back seat twice a year at most. My GS is over 2 years old and has 16k miles on it. The GS is plenty comfortable.

The GS is actually larger than I need, but I travel frequently and need the luggage space. Also, there aren't many smaller cars (aside from sports cars like the Jaguar F or Porsche) that rival the quality of the GS. I went the "niche" route a few years ago with an Audi S5 Cabriolet. It was great but impractical.

I'm thinking the new C Class might fit the bill. Or maybe I'll just hang onto the GS. It is still the best all-around car I've ever owned. I was considering the new RC, but if it rides like the IS it won't be a contender.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's your plan after the 4GS?