CL Vendor Products for 4GS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 4GS models from CL Vendors

Did you know about the Carista app?

Old 06-17-14, 07:30 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

There are two separate buttons for heat and ventilation for the seats. I didn't actually mean air conditioned seats.

I have one of the BT adapters coming tomorrow and will check it out with one of our android tablets.
Old 06-18-14, 11:10 AM
endo022
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do know...and I got the app

Using it on a 8" Samsung Galaxy Mega. I love being able to set all those settings and play with them to my liking without going to the dealer. On top of that, having access to the OBD2 diags are a bonus even though it should be the other way around
Old 06-18-14, 04:29 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Okay, so the "Heated seat" setting doesn't do what I thought. I was under the impression you could keep the setting on even after the car has been turned off. Nope. I really have no idea what that setting does.

Also, can you add the lane change blinks? And check on the seat heater/ventilation staying on until turned off by the user?
Old 06-18-14, 04:44 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Okay, so the "Heated seat" setting doesn't do what I thought. I was under the impression you could keep the setting on even after the car has been turned off. Nope. I really have no idea what that setting does.

Also, can you add the lane change blinks? And check on the seat heater/ventilation staying on until turned off by the user?
The "Heated seat mode" (AUTO / MANUAL) setting sets whether the heater turns itself off automatically after some time, or whether it stays on until manually turned off by the user. Have you tried whether it does that? (and I don't know if it affects the seat cooling as well; my guess is that's only for the heating)

Did you mean that you wanted it to set whether the car "remembers" whether the heated seats were on when the engine was shut off, and turn them back on automatically if they were, when the ignition is turned back on? Or did you mean that you wanted to make it such that the seat heater continues to work even after you shut off the engine? As far as I know, neither of these settings is available on these cars. The former just works in a certain way (possibly different between 2013 and 2014 models), but is not configurable by the user, dealer, or anybody.

We do support the lane change blinker count as a setting... on cars that support this customization. If the dealer can do it, we should be able to do it. But based on the data I've gotten from some 4GS cars, they don't seem to support that setting. Let me know if you've been able to have it changed by a dealer (or if a dealer claims they can do it), but Carista doesn't show it as an option.
Old 06-18-14, 04:58 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm sure he wants the car to remember that I had the seat heaters on, so the next time I turn the car on they are turned on. I'm looking for the same setting. I know this setting is supported. Mine is a 2013 with the luxury package, but I have had 2 2013 loaners from the dealer that had that setting enabled. The loaners did not have the luxury package.
Old 06-18-14, 05:14 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
Did I mention I see no reference to this app working with a Windows phone?
Carista, anyone ever tell you it isn't good business to ignore anyone inquiring about your offerings? Especially when it is such a simple question.
Old 06-18-14, 05:21 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by moose66
Carista, anyone ever tell you it isn't good business to ignore anyone inquiring about your offerings? Especially when it is such a simple question.
Oops, sorry about that, I meant to reply earlier but got distracted with something. As of now, we don't have plans to support Windows Phone in the immediate future, but of course, we're keeping an eye on all mobile platforms out there, and if Windows Phone gains significant market share, we'll definitely consider it.
Old 06-18-14, 06:23 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Oops, sorry about that, I meant to reply earlier but got distracted with something. As of now, we don't have plans to support Windows Phone in the immediate future, but of course, we're keeping an eye on all mobile platforms out there, and if Windows Phone gains significant market share, we'll definitely consider it.
Thank you for the response. Good luck with the product and the development. Anything that keeps us owners out of the dealership for simple things is one heck of a product.
Old 06-19-14, 07:32 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think it was easier to create the app with android than it is with apple lol but yeah 90% of the people have apple sooo letsgetit!
Old 06-19-14, 08:06 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Yeah, I'm wishing for the seat heaters/ventilation to remain on the same level after the car has been shut off. Apparently it can be done, but only a select few have figured it out.

I think the 2014 models have different controls now that allows this feature by default.

2013 was a bad experiment by Lexus...
Old 06-19-14, 08:14 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neegroy
but yeah 90% of the people have apple sooo letsgetit!
Ummm... what?

In the US, Apple has less than half the market, Android has over 50%
http://www.comscoredatamine.com/wp-c...ng-System1.png
http://www.cio.com/article/751867/U....rs_for_Q1_2014

Worldwide, Android is at over 80% marketshare
http://bgr.com/2014/05/28/ios-vs-and...windows-phone/

The following users liked this post:
Spideyman1 (01-13-17)
Old 06-20-14, 07:50 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Yeah, Android has a MUCH higher market share over all, but it's possible that for US Lexus owners, the percentage of iPhone users is higher... and in any case, we definitely see a market there, so yeah, we're working on it Hopefully we'll have a prototype with the basic OBD2 functionality (no Lexus-specific stuff) within a few weeks. And then the cool stuff (customizations, etc.).
Old 06-20-14, 09:10 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, Android has a MUCH higher market share over all, but it's possible that for US Lexus owners, the percentage of iPhone users is higher...
You are right - that may be why Lexus is looking more at iOS/Siri integration. Very disappointed by that (as an avid Android user). May end up looking at Audi for my next car next time around (yeah, it is a big deal for me)
Old 06-20-14, 10:09 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jj14
You are right - that may be why Lexus is looking more at iOS/Siri integration. Very disappointed by that (as an avid Android user). May end up looking at Audi for my next car next time around (yeah, it is a big deal for me)
Luckily, Carista supports customizations on Audis as well
Old 06-24-14, 10:12 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, Android has a MUCH higher market share over all, but it's possible that for US Lexus owners, the percentage of iPhone users is higher... and in any case, we definitely see a market there, so yeah, we're working on it Hopefully we'll have a prototype with the basic OBD2 functionality (no Lexus-specific stuff) within a few weeks. And then the cool stuff (customizations, etc.).
Or maybe, android users would be more likely to modify their devices, vehicles, electronics etc, so regardless of market share, you have to look at the number of people who are nerdy enough to sit down and tweak electronic settings in their vehicle.
Android users have a much higher rate of modifying their devices, and I believe that easily translates into modifying their cars.

Plus last I read android users have a higher average income that iOS users, so I doubt Lexus owners prefer iOS (then again the age of the average Lexus owner is higher, so maybe older people prefer iOS).

Regardless, most manufactures find it easier to support iOS due to the dramatically lower fragmentation rate compared to Android, hence the higher rate and depth of iOS integration in vehicles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did you know about the Carista app?