Vented Seat Performance...different between sides

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-14, 08:06 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vented Seat Performance...different between sides

Guys:

For as long as I've had the car and it's been hot (this being Houston, that's been since April) my wife has been complaining that the vented seats in my car are not so good. Granted, the ones in her car definitely have more performance, but I would say that my seat works more than adequately, and certainly more than in my old 5 series.

Well, this weekend she drove my car and declared that the performance of the driver's seat is much better than the passenger. Is there some kind of adjustment that is made that turns up the intensity of the blowers? Anyone else notice that the passenger seat performance isn't as good ?

2014 FSport.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-14, 08:32 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Is ur dual temp. on? The other side might be cooler than the other. It is drawing air from the bottom of the seat.
Old 06-16-14, 09:21 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Guys:

For as long as I've had the car and it's been hot (this being Houston, that's been since April) my wife has been complaining that the vented seats in my car are not so good. Granted, the ones in her car definitely have more performance, but I would say that my seat works more than adequately, and certainly more than in my old 5 series.

Well, this weekend she drove my car and declared that the performance of the driver's seat is much better than the passenger. Is there some kind of adjustment that is made that turns up the intensity of the blowers? Anyone else notice that the passenger seat performance isn't as good ?

2014 FSport.

Thanks!
Could it be the settings? Our's has equal output each side, but my wife always turns hers way down.
Old 06-16-14, 09:58 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have rear control off? There is button that controls rear flow, if you turn that ON it tuens off the passnagee bentilation oFF
Old 06-16-14, 10:02 AM
georgee01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not noticed a difference between the front driver and passenger seats. I have the seat ventilation controls on Auto for both sides, and also have S-Flow enabled for the climate control so it only directs air to occupied zones.
Old 06-16-14, 10:27 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

F Sport does not have rear air to control, and I do not have SFlow enabled. My dual temp is off, both sides set for same temp.

I was looking at climate settings and saw that there was some kind of range adjustment for the "auto" setting, and that it was on 3/5 for both seats. I changed it to 5/5 for both seats. Didn't seem to make a difference on my seat, haven't tried the other. I wish Lexus wasn't so obtuse in their description of what the different settings change!
Old 06-16-14, 10:59 AM
MikeyTown
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
F Sport does not have rear air to control, and I do not have SFlow enabled. My dual temp is off, both sides set for same temp.

I was looking at climate settings and saw that there was some kind of range adjustment for the "auto" setting, and that it was on 3/5 for both seats. I changed it to 5/5 for both seats. Didn't seem to make a difference on my seat, haven't tried the other. I wish Lexus wasn't so obtuse in their description of what the different settings change!
Sure it does... the rear air vents are at the back of the center console. By turning on the S-Flow mode, the air will no longer flow to the back vents.

I also have S-Flow enabled and see no difference between driver and passenger side seat ventilation.
Old 06-16-14, 02:55 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeyTown
Sure it does... the rear air vents are at the back of the center console. By turning on the S-Flow mode, the air will no longer flow to the back vents.

I also have S-Flow enabled and see no difference between driver and passenger side seat ventilation.
Sorry, thought you were talking about the lux package with the full controls for rear air, not just the vents.
Old 06-17-14, 08:49 AM
jhyphen
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also feel that the passenger side seat is a little lacking on the cool setting I haven't tested the heated setting. At first I thought I was just imagining it. May be the luck of the draw
Old 06-23-14, 09:37 PM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jhyphen
I also feel that the passenger side seat is a little lacking on the cool setting I haven't tested the heated setting. At first I thought I was just imagining it. May be the luck of the draw
Is it perhaps related to the holes punched through the cloth under the leather? I was conditioning my leather last weekend and notice that if you were looking at the front seats in full sunlight, you can certainly see patterns of darker holes which I presume let more air flow through... The pattern between the driver seat and the passengers wasn't identical in my vehicle.

I haven't taken leather off the seats (or removed the seatbacks) to know for sure, but it's something to look into if you're truly concerned.