GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Since too many have Vossen and Velgen, I got these instead.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 10:05 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

totally bling.. looking good
Old 06-13-14, 10:37 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice choice. I've always loved mesh wheels. Can't wait to see how your set looks mounted.
Old 06-13-14, 11:28 AM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Car in the background is an IS250. Threw them on in the rear and they were straight flush. Second generation IS can handle serious offsets. They practically swallow wheels.

What NXXT said...they're pretty aggressive. The offsets are higher than NXXT's VIP modulars. Poke about 1.5-2 inches in the rear and .75-1" in the front. The front's won't be too bad. The rears are a different story. I will have to pull the rears for sure. That is with no load on the wheels, so once I add tire and lower it, they should camber in naturally a little bit more. How much I'm not sure. Other than that they look money.

If I don't lower it at all, I won't have a problem at all with rubbing as there will easily be about a 2-3" gap. Didn't realize how tall of a tire a 235/40 is. But that isn't going to happen. I'm going to drop the car more.

It's doable. Picture below shows how much of a gap there is. The car is fully dropped and from looking at it visually, absolutely no camber or minimal at best. I need to fit with the tires mounted and go from there. I will make it work.

Old 06-13-14, 12:35 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Beautiful !!!!

the AG Form/Function line cant be beat and I love their mesh wheels.

Looks like the brushed face with polished lip and Rose Gold rivets?
Old 06-13-14, 03:24 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Beautiful !!!!

the AG Form/Function line cant be beat and I love their mesh wheels.

Looks like the brushed face with polished lip and Rose Gold rivets?
What he said. Have you been talking to AG, because everything you stated is correct? Chrome lips (inner and outer barrel), which apparently many people don't do. The face is brushed polished and cleared, because I plan to drive these in the winter too. I don't give a damn about salt, etc. Will just refinish them when the time comes. Rose gold rivets and I chose the red forged center caps, whenever those are done being milled.

Security will come in the form of Project Kics R40 Iconix Neo-Chrome locking lugs, but they are currently on backorder, so my friends lugs will have to do for the time being.

I am having the rears pulled. It's a must in order to get them to fit. Right now they poke and they poke a lot.
Old 06-13-14, 03:44 PM
sungzilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i love mesh but cleaning is pain in the butt
Old 06-13-14, 03:46 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there room in the inner wheel well so that you are able to go less aggressive?
Old 06-13-14, 04:01 PM
tungo
Intermediate

In the front, there is very little room and the offset is ET22. The F sport caliper is so big that I can fit a pinkie in-between the caliper and wheel. The rear, there is quite a bit of room.

I hate the sunk in look, and I did not want the straight down look flush look. I wanted poke, and I got it, although it's a lot more than I expected. In addition to that, the tire once mounted will diminish a lot of the poke. When all you see is barrel, it looks a lot worse than it is.

Initially, I was already considering ET28 for the rears and ET25, so a 5mm difference nearly all around, but I don't think it would have done much. Anything in the ET30-45 like I've seen other AG wheels on 4GS and it wasn't what I wanted. The car is a mid to high offset. AG and I agreed that it was too weak for my tastes.
Old 06-13-14, 05:10 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tungo
In the front, there is very little room and the offset is ET22. The F sport caliper is so big that I can fit a pinkie in-between the caliper and wheel. The rear, there is quite a bit of room.

I hate the sunk in look, and I did not want the straight down look flush look. I wanted poke, and I got it, although it's a lot more than I expected. In addition to that, the tire once mounted will diminish a lot of the poke. When all you see is barrel, it looks a lot worse than it is.

Initially, I was already considering ET28 for the rears and ET25, so a 5mm difference nearly all around, but I don't think it would have done much. Anything in the ET30-45 like I've seen other AG wheels on 4GS and it wasn't what I wanted. The car is a mid to high offset. AG and I agreed that it was too weak for my tastes.
Can't wait to see the slightly wide body look.
Old 06-16-14, 12:57 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

What he said. Have you been talking to AG, because everything you stated is correct? Chrome lips (inner and outer barrel), which apparently many people don't do. The face is brushed polished and cleared, because I plan to drive these in the winter too. I don't give a damn about salt, etc. Will just refinish them when the time comes. Rose gold rivets and I chose the red forged center caps, whenever those are done being milled.

Security will come in the form of Project Kics R40 Iconix Neo-Chrome locking lugs, but they are currently on backorder, so my friends lugs will have to do for the time being.

I am having the rears pulled. It's a must in order to get them to fit. Right now they poke and they poke a lot.
HAHA well we are a distributor dealer for AG so I talk to them everyday.

but no just from the images I could tell ( been doing this for a long time so I kind of can tell finishes)

as long as you can fit 1-2 credit cards between the back of the wheel and the caliper you are fine.
Old 07-19-14, 12:48 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any updates on this?
Old 07-19-14, 02:04 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Sick wheels - loving the step lip!