GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

just bought 2013 FSp GS, have some ?s re: screen, wheels

Old 06-14-14, 07:07 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Polo708
It always go to the nav screen for me... Always. Can't figure out how to keep in on radio when I want it that way.
Originally Posted by sambb
Yep, thats a little weird, i wanted to make sure i wasn't going kray kray
There is setting to turn of the nav auto switch. I don't quite remember where but there is. I nearly went insane until I found it.
Old 06-14-14, 01:21 PM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
There is setting to turn of the nav auto switch. I don't quite remember where but there is. I nearly went insane until I found it.
I do have the switch off to return to the screen, but it still goes to nav. Is there some sort of software update or something that can correct this? Is there someone I can call to see?
Old 06-14-14, 01:32 PM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

I think I am going to attach a gopro and drive around with the car, Does anyone else have an GS f sport gopro videos up? That would be totally kewl !!

I looked at sewell for the 18s (im starting to get the hang of this) and wheelz were like >400 each. Tirerack might totally be the way to go, with maybe BBS or OZ wheels? Maybe borbet, i like those also. I once had a friend who used to drive around on borbet rims on his BMW, and it was awesome looking. I also have seen OZ rims that had some orange in them - totally cool.

Does anyone change the badges or debadge the car? Would be sorta cool to add a F like BMW adds an M somewhere in front of the 350 number on the back, or upgrade to a higher number. That would get people going!!

Awesome help here, thanks so much
Samantha BB
Old 06-14-14, 04:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Before I dropped $400 a wheel on the 18s I would at least test drive a GS on 18s and see if the difference is worth it.
Old 06-15-14, 08:19 AM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Before I dropped $400 a wheel on the 18s I would at least test drive a GS on 18s and see if the difference is worth it.
thats sort of a good idea. How do i find someone with a GS with 18s in my area? I don't really want to go back to the dealer, they sort of ignored me after i decided on price, and i don't think they treated me fairly. I was dressed really nice and professional since it was after work, but they just sort of blew me off.

Maybe I could test drive another ES or LS or something with 18s. Is there a good way to buy used 18 inch wheels? That would save me a lot of moolah

I was going to do the go pro video today, but it is raining a little here. So maybe next weekend.
Old 06-15-14, 08:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

thats sort of a good idea. How do i find someone with a GS with 18s in my area? I don't really want to go back to the dealer, they sort of ignored me after i decided on price, and i don't think they treated me fairly. I was dressed really nice and professional since it was after work, but they just sort of blew me off.

Maybe I could test drive another ES or LS or something with 18s. Is there a good way to buy used 18 inch wheels? That would save me a lot of moolah

I was going to do the go pro video today, but it is raining a little here. So maybe next weekend.
You're kidding,right?
Different models with different suspensions.
Old 06-15-14, 08:24 AM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
You're kidding,right?
Different models with different suspensions.
yeah, but i am mostly just concerned about the potholes, isn't that a "wheel-thing"? Thanks. Samantha
Old 06-15-14, 04:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Samb, post pic of ur car first, we'll make sure it's a GS and not an LS or IS or a GX.

I kid. I kid...
Old 06-15-14, 04:10 PM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

I assure you its a GS 350 2013. It is star fire white with black interior, blind spot monitoring, and regular stereo system, and no laser cruse though. It is an F sport, and AWD version with gray wheels 19" and turanza tires.

Its cool though, it is quirky and Im still trying to learn it well.
Old 06-15-14, 11:29 PM
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate

I think this is our problem:

... I also can't really tell if the car is a gs or ls or is, but I'm new to lexus so it is hard.
I assure you its a GS 350 2013. It is star fire white with black interior, blind spot monitoring, and regular stereo system, and no laser cruse though. It is an F sport, and AWD version with gray wheels 19" and turanza tires.

Its cool though, it is quirky and Im still trying to learn it well.
It's hard to determine what you are asking, because in some posts you know nothing about your car and all of a sudden you know about all the features.

Anyways, about the wheels, how fast are you driving over these potholes? You have 40 series tires on your car right now, which in my opinion is enough meat if you are somewhat careful driving. Also, I live in the NW and we have hills left and right and a little bit of snow gums up everything. Having a good AWD - 4WD system is enough if you know what your are doing, and the GS has the same system as the big 4X4 SUV's - I think you would be fine with a really nice set of all seasons. BTW I have a garage, if you park outside then you probably want to get winter tires - something to do with ambient temps and the rubber compound, in that case get 18's for your winter driving. Throw on some 245/40 on your current wheels, it will give you some more tire..
Old 06-16-14, 03:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Is this a real thread!
Old 06-16-14, 04:34 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... After 4 pages of "awesome, really kewl, & like...open trunk" ??" Ya'll have been played. Samantha is Donald Sterling's girlfriend.
Old 06-16-14, 05:26 AM
sambb
Driver School Candidate

I appreciated everyone's comments. Im truly sorry I inconvenienced you.
This is a really super nice car, and I will figure it out I am sure. Thanks again to all of those who helped and have a nice time with your car also. Sincerely yours.
Old 06-16-14, 06:56 AM
harryra
Rookie

Originally Posted by coach1
... After 4 pages of "awesome, really kewl, & like...open trunk" ??" Ya'll have been played. Samantha is Donald Sterling's girlfriend.
I think its a guy actually.
Old 06-16-14, 07:26 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just bought 2013 FSp GS, have some ?s re: screen, wheels