GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help with lease!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-14, 06:14 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IanRuhten
Thanks for all the advice folks, I really appreciate it. I tried with the dealer and while we were close, we had already verbally agreed on a number. When I got there, it was $30 higher. They did the "back and forth" to the "guy in the little room", I asked for selling price/MF/Residual numbers from the get go, three back and forths and they were within $10 on the payment. I was pretty firm on the number from the very beginning.

I hate the back and forth... I went to BMW and made a deal on a new 535 mSport. I'm paying about $50 more a month, but the power and features cannot be touched by the current. GS. As I posted in another thread, I really liked the BMW feature set:
  1. Auto hold feature. Basically it will hold the car at stoplights, really reduces fatigue.
  2. Presets on the dash that can be assigned to most any feature
  3. Power trunk open and close. (must special order on FSport)
  4. Rear and side sunshades (side not available on FSport)
  5. Open and close trunk with "foot under bumper" kick
  6. Color Heads up display (nearly non-existent on FSport in CA)
  7. Harmon Kardon sounds great, maybe not ML level but very nice. One really cool feature is that it "sees" all of my iTunes Match music (25000 songs) via bluetooth as though they are stored on the phone. (Lexus did not)
  8. Nav has 3D Perspective view
  9. Minor nit, but it has fan speed controls for driver and passenger.
  10. Sirius/XM 12 months free vs 3 months
  11. Free service (that's where my $50 is going )
  12. My BMW Remote app is cool. Lock/unlock, send address to car, honk horn, flash lights
  13. Illuminated door handles is cool
  14. Auto ventilation timers
  15. Air circulation feature where it will circulate the air for 15 minutes while you make a quick store stop
  16. Active seats..this is VERY cool. Seat inflates on bottom sides intermittently. Reduces driver fatigue
  17. Soft close doors, until you've had them, don't knock them
  18. The new iDrive "touch" is interesting, time will tell if I use it.

I've had great luck with BMW... I wanted the GS for a change, it was just not meant to be this time. The GS is a first class car and I wish you all well. This has been a very friendly and helpful forum.
Congrats. The delar did screwd up. You should do a drive by the Lexus dealer, on you new 535m. This is a pure exaple of how Delaers loose their buisness!
Old 06-01-14, 06:41 AM
elzorro1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...we got the same deal for our GSs Great minds think alike!

Originally Posted by FastTags
I will chime in as well, I lease car religiously every 2.5-3 years, Beside the price the most important is to know what is you Money Factor in another words APR. On the contract you will not see the actual MF, you will only see RENT CHARGE in $$$.
Money Factor is a daily rate for a lease, it something like .001 or .0001%

The rent charge could be from $300-$5000 all depends on your credit and how much they want to screw you, many times they will give you a good price on the car, but they will screw you on the MF. MF can be negotiated to a limit. So, find out what is the MF for your area, search online, visit Edmunds Forum etc.

ALSO, need to know if there are any REBATES- that you will find on the Edmunds.com as well

I got my GS for $52,000 - $1250 Rebate, MSRP $58,000, on a $49,000 car I would think you can get around $4000 OFF, but you will have hustle! I would say $46,000 -$45,000 Minus the Rebate if any.

You want to start with say a value of $800 Below the Invoice then work your way up to the Invoice price. Which is Around $46k

Tax is also will be a factor, I dont know about Florida, but in some states like TEXAS you have to pay the FULL amount on the vehicle, verses some states like NY, you only pay TAX on the amount you finance.
You will need that info if you decide to use a Lease calculator.

I would say with a $1,000 and a price of a $46k, you should be around $500/m
Old 06-01-14, 09:29 AM
vermont
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMW lease

Thanks for all the advice folks, I really appreciate it. I tried with the dealer and while we were close, we had already verbally agreed on a number. When I got there, it was $30 higher. They did the "back and forth" to the "guy in the little room", I asked for selling price/MF/Residual numbers from the get go, three back and forths and they were within $10 on the payment. I was pretty firm on the number from the very beginning.

I hate the back and forth... I went to BMW and made a deal on a new 535 mSport. I'm paying about $50 more a month, but the power and features cannot be touched by the current. GS. As I posted in another thread, I really liked the BMW feature set:
  1. Auto hold feature. Basically it will hold the car at stoplights, really reduces fatigue.
  7. Harmon Kardon sounds great, maybe not ML level but very nice. One really cool feature is that it "sees" all of my iTunes Match music (25000 songs) via bluetooth as though they are stored on the phone. (Lexus did not)
  12. My BMW Remote app is cool. Lock/unlock, send address to car, honk horn, flash lights
  15. Air circulation feature where it will circulate the air for 15 minutes while you make a quick store stop
  16. Active seats..this is VERY cool. Seat inflates on bottom sides intermittently. Reduces driver fatigue

I've had great luck with BMW... I wanted the GS for a change, it was just not meant to be this time. The GS is a first class car and I wish you all well. This has been a very friendly and helpful forum.
Can you post more detail about your lease. I've been waiting for GS luxury package but none of the dealer have one available. might consider BMW if it is only $50 difference.
Old 06-01-14, 08:19 PM
AllBlakGSF
Rookie

No way that's only $50 more
Old 06-01-14, 09:14 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It was the end of the month and he didn't say how much he put down.
Old 06-01-14, 10:13 PM
IanRuhten
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vermont
Can you post more detail about your lease. I've been waiting for GS luxury package but none of the dealer have one available. might consider BMW if it is only $50 difference.
I'll pull out the paperwork. I drove out for around $2K. It was the perfect storm, last day of month, salesman had some 9 for the month, 10 gets him $500. The dealership was looking to sell 100 cars, I was number 99.

$68K MSRP, bought at invoice -$3500, had a $1500 option credit, $200 for Amex, $1K loyalty.
Old 06-02-14, 05:00 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I'll pull out the paperwork. I drove out for around $2K. It was the perfect storm, last day of month, salesman had some 9 for the month, 10 gets him $500. The dealership was looking to sell 100 cars, I was number 99.

$68K MSRP, bought at invoice -$3500, had a $1500 option credit, $200 for Amex, $1K loyalty.
not bad man
Old 06-02-14, 07:35 AM
AllBlakGSF
Rookie

Ok that's a lil better. I need to hit up a dealer at the end of the month instead of beginning to middle.
Old 06-02-14, 02:31 PM
flippd
Driver

I may have missed it, but how much was your monthly lease with the above details?
Old 06-02-14, 06:44 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

good timing. post up a pic. love to see it.
Old 06-02-14, 08:46 PM
vermont
Driver School Candidate

Which dealership did you deal with? Do you mind telling me the name of the salesman. I leaning toward 535 diesel. It looks good on paper. Which model did you get?
Old 06-02-14, 08:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I'm paying $512/mo including tax with 0 down for 36mo/36k miles lease. 2014 Premium with OTD price of around 49k. Zero down means I brought the car home without spending a dime.
At my dealership, we sell the base GS350 for 399 month sign n drive.
We can't keep the cars in stock, they fly out quick as we get them.
Old 06-03-14, 04:15 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
At my dealership, we sell the base GS350 for 399 month sign n drive.
We can't keep the cars in stock, they fly out quick as we get them.
+TAX +LIC +Reg BASE model right?
Old 06-03-14, 08:04 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Base model without nav?
Old 06-03-14, 10:42 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

This is the craziest thing ever, I just got a call form Lexus, and they said my contract did not go thru bc there was a glitch with a Taxable amount, so they are giving me a deal, I was paying $589 x36, now I will be paying $511x36.

go figure.

Quick Reply: Help with lease!