GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer damaged rims and paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 07:39 PM
gotink
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait.ing to hear from lexus corp tomorrow will start a formal complaint..these guys are tring very hard to cover there tracks ..I let them know today this will not go away easy...
Old 05-23-14, 08:12 PM
gotink
Rookie

So the dealer is going to replace the rim with new,let my tire guys do the work ,they are also gonna let my details guys fix and correct all there mistakes...For all the other nonsense and headaches they are giving me a carbon fiber engine cover,$250 credit towards lexus boutique .and sending me to a track day for charity ...Glad to see this company stepping up to right there wrongs...hopefully all this goes smooth.Just want to put this behind me and start enjoying my car...
Old 05-23-14, 09:06 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I don't understand is for as often as I hear this EXACT situation happen, why do they still hire/employ untrained/unskilled individuals to perform work on fairly expensive, NEW vehicles?

When I bought my car the salesman swapped plates from my trade-in to my Lexus. He literally TOSSED the keys and plate on the trunk of my trade-in as I stood there in disbelief. I would have broken bones had he done it to my newly purchased vehicle. I just couldn't understand why he was so careless for a vehicle that they will surely have to resell. It wasn't a beat up car(not that it matters). It was a clean, low mileage 2010.

I'm glad they're taking care of the problems for you.
Old 05-24-14, 05:38 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmexus
What I don't understand is for as often as I hear this EXACT situation happen, why do they still hire/employ untrained/unskilled individuals to perform work on fairly expensive, NEW vehicles?

When I bought my car the salesman swapped plates from my trade-in to my Lexus. He literally TOSSED the keys and plate on the trunk of my trade-in as I stood there in disbelief. I would have broken bones had he done it to my newly purchased vehicle. I just couldn't understand why he was so careless for a vehicle that they will surely have to resell. It wasn't a beat up car(not that it matters). It was a clean, low mileage 2010.

I'm glad they're taking care of the problems for you.
Its funny you say that, there are more imbeciles that we can imagine. When I was picking up my Lexi, it was all clean and shiny, there buyer of my previous car was there to, so he decided to congratulate me by placing his dirty palms all over my windows: driver and passenger side, leaving nasty finger prints, I came at him hard, he apologized, but I suspect he would do it again

some people just dont get it..
Old 05-24-14, 09:02 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Sometimes you just can't fix "stupid".
Old 05-24-14, 09:33 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i don't see any damage in the original pix other then wear & tear. when you remove the sticky weights for balancing, most tech's scrape it off... so very likely to get scratch... and the white stuff on it looks like soap or wax; which will wipe off?

i would have left OEM finish and left the scratch as it will be more durable then re-finish. in my experience, re-finish is prone to rock chips.

good luck. i would ask for a NEW one or to the minimum; a USED but no scratch replacement. both cases; do not accept re-finish!!!
Old 05-24-14, 07:19 PM
gotink
Rookie

Originally Posted by istundra
i don't see any damage in the original pix other then wear & tear. when you remove the sticky weights for balancing, most tech's scrape it off... so very likely to get scratch... and the white stuff on it looks like soap or wax; which will wipe off?

i would have left OEM finish and left the scratch as it will be more durable then re-finish. in my experience, re-finish is prone to rock chips.

good luck. i would ask for a NEW one or to the minimum; a USED but no scratch replacement. both cases; do not accept re-finish!!!
Car had 1600 km on it it should not have wear and tear ,my paint is destroyed my ,last black
car had over 120,000 km on it it paint was in better condition then this vehicle .I have never seen so many holograms and scoring on a car with this little km...It needs paint correction to restore the damage there detail guy did.The rim will be replaced with new..
Old 05-25-14, 08:44 AM
Kayman
Driver

I think you did well by the compensation in the end. Enjoy the track day! Enjoy your shiny new ride
Old 05-25-14, 09:38 AM
gotink
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kayman
I think you did well by the compensation in the end. Enjoy the track day! Enjoy your shiny new ride
Yes happy with the options they are bringing as long as they follow though ,I'll be smilin and moving on from this...
Old 05-25-14, 10:57 AM
Kajn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to District Manager, Corp Lexus, Get a lawyer. Man that is so sad. Good luck