GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer damaged rims and paint

Old 05-20-14, 10:44 PM
gotink
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer damaged rims and paint

This happened at Open Road Lexus of Richmond B.C Canada ..I don't even know where to start...this has been the worst experience of my life.My wife and I had been looking for a rwd gs 350 fsport ...this was the only one in B.C. So I had no choice but to deal with them...the service was so bad when I complained to the saleman about it ,I was told I was treated this way because I was not Chinese ,they are use to them coming in a just dropping mommy and daddy's money on there cars...they never haggle to get a fair price so I guess I was to much work ...the general manager over heard my displeasure when we went to pick the car up and was told that they where to busy to help me out that day..So after I explained how we where treated he assured me that they would make everything right.So today I get my car dropped off after the paint correction was done for the damage that was on the car from their sales manager driving it around,and guess what it is now in worse condition then when I dropped it off. I also had a wheel balance problem that they were to fix and instead gouged my back rim trying to scrape the weights off..I'm completely lost on what to do at this point,I've never been treated this bad in my life with such a big purchase ...I have photos I'm trying to attach but am having problems trying to up load of my ipad..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1400650218
Attached Thumbnails Dealer damaged rims and paint-image.jpg  

Last edited by gotink; 05-20-14 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-20-14, 10:46 PM
gotink
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1400651135

Got them loaded.
Old 05-20-14, 10:48 PM
gotink
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1400651319

This is what they brought me instead. So disappointed. Don't even no what to say..
Old 05-20-14, 10:59 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That is really bad...might have to contact lexus directly. I think you can go to toyota for future service. GL.
Old 05-21-14, 01:44 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That shcks man. I would complain and c
Old 05-21-14, 01:45 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks man. Was it a new car? If so I would request another one! Dont take no for an answer, tell em to fix (if its a new car, No request a new one)it or you will complain to attorny gen, BBB, and you will be a the the delership every day and u Will be talking to every single one of their customers!
Old 05-21-14, 01:47 AM
gotink
Rookie

That's what I'm hoping for ...This has been inexcusable. The Toyota dealer that I've been dealing with for the last 7 or 8 years have taken so much better care off me...thought Lexus would of done a better job..Guess I was wrong shame on you Open Road Lexus..
Old 05-21-14, 01:50 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gotink
That's what I'm hoping for ...This has been inexcusable. The Toyota dealer that I've been dealing with for the last 7 or 8 years have taken so much better care off me...thought Lexus would of done a better job..Guess I was wrong shame on you Open Road Lexus..
Im serius man, if you bought a new ride, fk that!! I have returbed cars before, and I would sudges to tell them to sell u or locate another one! Dont take **** from them. Another thing, if you decide to return the car, u can always find another dealer and they will bring the car to you. Yow will do all the paperwork by FAX, then they would delive you a car

Last edited by FastTags; 05-21-14 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-21-14, 02:01 AM
gotink
Rookie

Had 500 km on the clock sales managers run around vehicle..was perfect except some minor paint swirling..they said they would take care of it and that's what I got instead..As far as they told me it was new and they were adamant about that...I Paid new price...
Old 05-21-14, 02:07 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Had 500 km on the clock sales managers run around vehicle..was perfect except some minor paint swirling..they said they would take care of it and that's what I got instead..As far as they told me it was new and they were adamant about that...I Paid new price...
If you did not buy a Demo. And paid like for a new car, u have all the rights to demand a new vehicle. Belive me this is unacceptable for even a small lot dealer! Just keep in mind, how much you are paying!

Dont forget to remind them about the survey as well))

Last edited by FastTags; 05-21-14 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-21-14, 02:19 AM
gotink
Rookie

I'll be talking to Lexus Canada about this .and the lots GM in the morning..I would like this to be made right and move on ...Replace the damaged rim with new ,nothing else,let me take it to my detail guy to fix your damage ,and I don't know do something to compensate me for my trouble..I don't think I'm asking a lot..I don't know send me and the wife away for the weekend ,toss me some free services,something worth while from the dealer, not corporate.this need to be out there pocket not Lexus Canada making things right ... give me a reason to come back and deal with you again.
Old 05-21-14, 02:24 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I'll be talking to Lexus Canada about this .and the lots GM in the morning..I would like this to be made right and move on ...Replace the damaged rim with new ,nothing else,let me take it to my detail guy to fix your damage ,and I don't know do something to compensate me for my trouble..I don't think I'm asking a lot..I don't know send me and the wife away for the weekend ,toss me some free services,something worth while from the dealer, not corporate.this need to be out there pocket not Lexus Canada making things right ... give me a reason to come back and deal with you again.
Here in US it cost around $125-150 per rim to be repainted, but u need to then paint all of them or the paint may not match. I had it done on my 2012 Acura, came out perfect!!!
Old 05-21-14, 03:27 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Wow this is bad I would def talk to Lexus Corp, I would raise hell they wouldn't see the end of me for that.
Old 05-21-14, 06:19 PM
gotink
Rookie

Still working this out will here what they offer on Friday..at this point they need to compensate me for my time also...
Old 05-21-14, 07:25 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

File a complaint to Lexus Corp. directly. Speak to somebody. Don't get mad, get even.

Get what you deserve.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer damaged rims and paint