GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Concealed Carry

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 08:22 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concealed Carry

Looking for a good location to weld a handgun safe, about 8.5"x11.5"x2.25". The idea is to make it very difficult for the bad guys to access the contents, if the car is stolen. So, it would be ideal if they never even saw the safe to begin with. No room under the seat. I suppose it will have to be somewhere in the trunk.
Old 05-13-14, 08:52 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a compartment on the left side in the trunk where you can remove the plastic housing and possible mount it there. Not sure where you can hide something like that. When your car is stolen, it will be search in every possible way for valuables so hiding a safe that big will be tough. Good Luck
Old 05-13-14, 08:52 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

What a coincidence. Was just discussing this yesterday as I just got my CCW permit. Trunk would be my guess as well.
Old 05-13-14, 10:27 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

This will take some planning. If I can't come up with a good hiding place, at least they're going to have to work very hard to find out if there's anything in the safe. And, most likely it will be empty.
Old 05-13-14, 02:27 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by larryinWA
Looking for a good location to weld a handgun safe, about 8.5"x11.5"x2.25". The idea is to make it very difficult for the bad guys to access the contents, if the car is stolen. So, it would be ideal if they never even saw the safe to begin with. No room under the seat. I suppose it will have to be somewhere in the trunk.
I can tell you there is no where in the car to weld a spot, your best bet is in the trunk as someone stated or another option which I have thought to use is a box right near the ski pass bolted to the back so if needed its literally easy access.
Old 05-13-14, 03:07 PM
Brolic
Rookie

Originally Posted by larryinWA
Do you have a ccw?
Old 05-13-14, 05:28 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Do you not roll with your carry weapon nearby? Is the goal to just store contents?

Here is what i use for my kimber:

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Vehic...-Mount-p8.html
Old 05-13-14, 05:46 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I carry a Springfield XDS .45acp on an inside waistband all day long and it only leaves my body when I go to bed. I dont do business with any company or retail store if they have a no guns sign. Those businesses will never get my money.

Putting a gun in a car is an accident waiting to happen. Sometimes bad things happend when you need your gun the most and thats when you left it in the car.

My friend who came home late from work one day and decided to stop by a 24 liquor store for some cigarettes. When he came to open his car he was then car jacked, robbed, lost his pack of ciggarettes and his gun. Lucky for him the bad guy did not take is life that night. My friend always carry his pistol with him wherever he goes and that day his gun was put on his waistband incorrectly and was poking him in the kidneys, so he took his pistol out and placed it in his glove box that night. That was the one of the worst desicion he made in his life.
Cars, money, guns can be replaced but a human life is the most valuable.
Old 05-13-14, 06:08 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R

My friend who came home late from work one day and decided to stop by a 24 liquor store for some cigarettes. When he came to open his car he was then car jacked, robbed, lost his pack of ciggarettes and his gun. Lucky for him the bad guy did not take is life that night. My friend always carry his pistol with him wherever he goes and that day his gun was put on his waistband incorrectly and was poking him in the kidneys, so he took his pistol out and placed it in his glove box that night. That was the one of the worst desicion he made in his life.
Well, on the other hand, nobody lost their life that night. I'm not saying I'm glad the bad guy got away with it, but nobody died. It also could have turned ugly real quick if your buddy did have his gun and didn't pull it quick enough. He survived and he doesn't have to live with the guilt of taking another humans life for the rest of his. All over a pack of cigarettes?

I've been a CCW holder for 12 years. Shot at once while not carrying, BUT nobody died.
Old 05-13-14, 06:25 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Well, on the other hand, nobody lost their life that night. I'm not saying I'm glad the bad guy got away with it, but nobody died. It also could have turned ugly real quick if your buddy did have his gun and didn't pull it quick enough. He survived and he doesn't have to live with the guilt of taking another humans life for the rest of his. All over a pack of cigarettes?

I've been a CCW holder for 12 years. Shot at once while not carrying, BUT nobody died.
You are right no life was lost and that is a good thing. I attended many self defence classes and ccw classes and the best way to handle a situation like that is to be aware of your surroundings and avoid confrontation and only use firearm when you have no choice.

So when you were shot at did you get hurt? I guess if you are able to reply to my post that you survived that incident. What did you do when that happend? Be safe out there buddy.

Please note: he also lost his car, wallet, and gun too and not just a pack of cigarettes.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 05-13-14 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-13-14, 06:51 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R

You are right no life was lost and that is a good thing. I attended many self defence classes and ccw classes and the best way to handle a situation like that is to be aware of your surroundings and avoid confrontation and only use firearm when you have no choice.

So when you were shot at did you get hurt? I guess if you are able to reply to my post that you survived that incident. What did you do when that happend? Be safe out there buddy.

Please note: he also lost his car, wallet, and gun too and not just a pack of cigarettes.

We were in a garage and some tweeker came in blasting a shotgun. I ducked behind a car next to another guy. Another guy confronted him(idiot)while another guy threw a beer bottle at his head and took some shotgun pellets to the face for it. We were all unarmed(besides the beer bottles haha).
Old 05-13-14, 08:43 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmexus
We were in a garage and some tweeker came in blasting a shotgun. I ducked behind a car next to another guy. Another guy confronted him(idiot)while another guy threw a beer bottle at his head and took some shotgun pellets to the face for it. We were all unarmed(besides the beer bottles haha).
Dear god... Where do you live lol.
Old 05-13-14, 08:48 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by yardie876
Dear god... Where do you live lol. :eek!:
Apparently, he lives in Arizona or at least thats what his avatar shows. For some reason his story reminds me of the TV show Breaking Bad, lol. But that show was based in New Mexico but close enough.
Old 05-13-14, 09:14 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by hks619
Any room behind an air vent?
If he was carrying a single action double barrel derringer then yes it will fit behind the A/C vents. Anything bigger like a Glock, good luck squeezing that thing in. And the whole point is to secure it with a lock not hide it in plain sight.
Old 05-14-14, 07:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys lets keep this thread on discussion about concealed carry storage in the 4gs and not on merits, pros and cons of gun control, crime, etc

You want to discuss that, please take it to the debate forum Cleaned up a few posts, let's keep this on topic.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry