GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Had to show my wife who wears the pants in this family....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-14, 09:25 AM
LexFather

Talking Had to show my wife who wears the pants in this family....

You can read the entire story below

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...0-f-sport.html

but I'll keep it condensed to the 4GS. We are expecting our first and with it came car shopping. My initial reaction was to take over the 4GS and have my wife get a SUV which we did explore briefly. Amazingly during the process she stated

"you know Mike, I really love my car and I don't really want to get rid of it"

I damn near shed a tear..

To me it says a lot about the 4GS for her to say that and it made me proud She has constantly attended car meets and shows with it while I drive another car and in conversations I hear her explaining the features and why she loves it. This is the first time she has admitted that she loves her vehicle and the cabernet leather really is something that is a highlight and Lexus you made a DAMN GOOD DECISION offering it (and now red in other vehicles).

To make a long story short I ordered a new LS F-sport in ultra white and it arrived recently. Since her GS is a 2013 her car is actually Starfire Pearl and you can easily notice the difference in the two shades. I do wish the LS offered cabernet leather but black will do (for 2014 they offer a Flaxen option on the LS F-sport, the 2013 was black only).

We also both have the same Vossen CVTs

Its kind of funny because some people do confuse the LS for the GS here and in Atlanta but it honestly didn't bug me at all and I thought it was kind of cool since its my wife's car. I must be getting old.

Soon I will post more comparison pics and I will provide a brief summary of the differences pluses/minuses of both. Something that is pretty immediate is the steering feel, the GS is way tighter even before going in sport+ mode. I notice the changes from comfort to sport+ is more apparent in the LS whereas in the GS from normal to Sport+ is not as noticeable.

Lexus really did an amazing job with the 4GS, we both cannot say enough great things about this car!
Old 04-29-14, 09:34 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

F-Sport power couple.
Old 04-29-14, 01:22 PM
victg93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the woman's a keeper. Good for you and enjoy the LS. A family member has the brand new LS 460L and it's a beast.
Old 04-29-14, 02:10 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

awesome rides and congrats on the lil one!
Old 04-30-14, 12:19 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the baby :thumb up:

i wanna add something tho, why don't you wanna be diverse with your cars? Like i never understood people who continue to buy the same brand, you take that to a whole other level, you nearly have all their models

why not have the GS, a 3 series or c class, and a 7 series or a8. I mean yeah lexus is great but id never personally do what your doing.
Old 04-30-14, 01:07 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Mike is a very loyal man (husband) He'll probably get the LFA too if he has the extra dough.
Old 04-30-14, 03:06 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
You can read the entire story below https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...0-f-sport.html but I'll keep it condensed to the 4GS. We are expecting our first and with it came car shopping. My initial reaction was to take over the 4GS and have my wife get a SUV which we did explore briefly. Amazingly during the process she stated "you know Mike, I really love my car and I don't really want to get rid of it" I damn near shed a tear.. To me it says a lot about the 4GS for her to say that and it made me proud She has constantly attended car meets and shows with it while I drive another car and in conversations I hear her explaining the features and why she loves it. This is the first time she has admitted that she loves her vehicle and the cabernet leather really is something that is a highlight and Lexus you made a DAMN GOOD DECISION offering it (and now red in other vehicles). To make a long story short I ordered a new LS F-sport in ultra white and it arrived recently. Since her GS is a 2013 her car is actually Starfire Pearl and you can easily notice the difference in the two shades. I do wish the LS offered cabernet leather but black will do (for 2014 they offer a Flaxen option on the LS F-sport, the 2013 was black only). We also both have the same Vossen CVTs Its kind of funny because some people do confuse the LS for the GS here and in Atlanta but it honestly didn't bug me at all and I thought it was kind of cool since its my wife's car. I must be getting old. Soon I will post more comparison pics and I will provide a brief summary of the differences pluses/minuses of both. Something that is pretty immediate is the steering feel, the GS is way tighter even before going in sport+ mode. I notice the changes from comfort to sport+ is more apparent in the LS whereas in the GS from normal to Sport+ is not as noticeable. Lexus really did an amazing job with the 4GS, we both cannot say enough great things about this car!
Congrats man I see your moving up got the big boy it was time now let the mods begin on the LS.
Old 05-01-14, 07:28 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah but at the end of the day, if she tells you to take off those pants and put on this apron with the leopard print speedos... lol. i've had 2 GS F Sports and once i jumped into the LS, there was no looking back. the GS is a phenomenal car, but the LS... anywho i will never consider another brand other than Lexus, i'm with you LexFather... maybe an Audi in the future... maybe. BMW and Mercedes are not going anywhere, i can see a lot in the future from Lexus and Audi... you heard it hear first fellas. for the faint of heart, that's just my opinion, don't get your panties in a bunch.
Old 05-01-14, 02:50 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah but at the end of the day, if she tells you to take off those pants and put on this apron with the leopard print speedos... lol. i've had 2 GS F Sports and once i jumped into the LS, there was no looking back. the GS is a phenomenal car, but the LS... anywho i will never consider another brand other than Lexus, i'm with you LexFather... maybe an Audi in the future... maybe. BMW and Mercedes are not going anywhere, i can see a lot in the future from Lexus and Audi... you heard it hear first fellas. for the faint of heart, that's just my opinion, don't get your panties in a bunch.
Thats like eating the same thing everyday for the rest of your life. I mean i guess i can see why some people would do it, like as it stands right now i would have no problem getting another lexus after my lease is over, but i want to see what other brands have to offer. I like to be diverse with everything i do
Old 05-01-14, 04:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

His and hers. When the baby is old enough to drive then you can park the white IS F-Sport next to them
Old 05-01-14, 05:45 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

LFA is next ?
Old 05-01-14, 05:50 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You're living the dream! So do you ever forsee a swap? (Switching cars not wives )

Last edited by TripleL; 05-01-14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-01-14, 07:03 PM
tudernos02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love both cars! So sexy and it's white!!!
Old 05-01-14, 07:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by yardie876
F-Sport power couple.
Thanks

Originally Posted by victg93
the woman's a keeper. Good for you and enjoy the LS. A family member has the brand new LS 460L and it's a beast.
She completes me. To see her evolving into cars is something. When LRD in the SoFL forum organized a Lexus mini-meet at a larger event, she drove her GS and met us, pregnant and all. Hopefully we have a car guy coming.

Originally Posted by jadu
awesome rides and congrats on the lil one!
Thank you jadu

Originally Posted by Infamous3
Congrats on the baby :thumb up:

i wanna add something tho, why don't you wanna be diverse with your cars? Like i never understood people who continue to buy the same brand, you take that to a whole other level, you nearly have all their models

why not have the GS, a 3 series or c class, and a 7 series or a8. I mean yeah lexus is great but id never personally do what your doing.
Lexus has been good to me and my family. From dealerships to safely to going above and beyond when needed. When there was a need, for the most part Lexus always expanded their lineup to meet that need. I am also fortunate enough where my job enables me to drive a variety of vehicles near daily. When the time comes, I hope to add something to the Lexus stable but I doubt I ever leave. We cannot say enough good things about Lexus as company and its cars.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Mike is a very loyal man (husband) He'll probably get the LFA too if he has the extra dough.
Thank you! I wish..that is some serious serious dough

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats man I see your moving up got the big boy it was time now let the mods begin on the LS.
Thanks bro..I hope to have some things soon.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
We did shop around a few things, wife likes Audi as do I. In my thread I explained my looking at the A8 (diesel was interesting). My wife loves their SUVs but the SQ5 is tough to find. The RS5 is amazing to me as the S7...

The S8 clearly is a beast but its 120k base which is near 40k more base to base on a LS F-sport

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
His and hers. When the baby is old enough to drive then you can park the white IS F-Sport next to them
Can't wait

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
LFA is next ?
If not this lifetime the next

Originally Posted by tudernos02
Love both cars! So sexy and it's white!!!
Thank you..

We both had to leave work on lunch to meet for a baby CPR class...I snapped this pic of us parked together...

Old 05-01-14, 08:00 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! She needs to get the windows tinted!

Quick Reply: Had to show my wife who wears the pants in this family....