GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Traded my IS-F for a 14 GS F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 09:05 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded my IS-F for a 14 GS F Sport

After having two different IS-F's over the last 3 years, I decided that I needed a more all around car for mine and my family needs; the GS became that ride! While the IS F is smaller, about the same weight and 100 HP more, the GS has more room and more comfort features. At first I was a little apprehensive about making the deal, and I did have a little buyers remorse, but now after having the vehicle for a week I must say I am very happy I made the switch!

The GS seems to be a better all around car for the money. Good acceleration, smooth quiet ride, lots of room, lots of comfort and a big *** screen! I got a pretty good deal on the car so I kept my payments the same, and my insurance went down $40 a month!

I got the Ultra White GS F Sport AWD with cold weather package, 3M color stable tint 35%, Lojack

I am looking to possibly get my tails and emblems tinted in the future.
Old 04-28-14, 09:09 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's funny how this car grows on you over time. I wasn't boner-inducing in love with it when I bought it, but the more I drive it, the more I appreciate it. All the little details like button and **** placement, hidden LED lighting everywhere in the cabin, etc. I still think it's down on power, could use 50hp more (for starters) but otherwise it's the best car I've owned. Congrats on your new ride. Your wallet should be thanking you a little on gas now as well.
Old 04-28-14, 09:12 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
It's funny how this car grows on you over time. I wasn't boner-inducing in love with it when I bought it, but the more I drive it, the more I appreciate it. All the little details like button and **** placement, hidden LED lighting everywhere in the cabin, etc. I still think it's down on power, could use 50hp more (for starters) but otherwise it's the best car I've owned. Congrats on your new ride. Your wallet should be thanking you a little on gas now as well.
I was about to say something about the power. . . 50 more would be perfect for it's size and weight. The road is not a track,but sometimes a little more power is appreciated.
Old 04-28-14, 09:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

GS is such a great all a rounder. I'm sure a GS F will be in many previous IS F owners futures when its available

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-28-14 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-28-14, 09:19 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sam430
I was about to say something about the power. . . 50 more would be perfect for it's size and weight. The road is not a track,but sometimes a little more power is appreciated.
I agree that it is growing on me every day. The biggest differences are HP (of course) ride quality and fit and finish. The details are definitely more noticeable in this car. I also knew coming into this car that I would have to get over the HP difference, but as Sam said, the road is not a track but I did like the passing power of the IS F. Even though I never went racing around, I now think this car is a better fit for me.
Old 04-28-14, 11:05 PM
victg93
Driver School Candidate

Do you have a link to a post about the LED lighting and button/**** replacement?
Old 04-29-14, 06:46 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

I also traded in an ISF for a 2014 GS F-sport. I agree, the GS is a much more refined daily driver. I loved the ISF for the ability to lay waste to almost every other car on the road, but tired of the overly stiff ride and overall poor car as a daily drive.

Living in the northeast, I will miss the ISF as a summer weekend drive for fun, but I'm hardly sorry for the switch.
Old 04-29-14, 08:11 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Room for my boys in the backseat (almost teenagers) was a deal maker for the GS. I can sit behind the driver's seat, reasonably comfortable and I'm about 6ft 1. The wifey falls asleep during longer drives beyond 100 miles riding shotgun. A nice combination of room, power, reliability and comfort (without the harshness).
Old 04-29-14, 08:39 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats! Although not quite the ISF, i went from an '06 IS350. While only about 10" longer, about 300lbs heavier, and fractions wider/taller, i feel the GS' interior seems enormous in comparison, handles tighter, and fit and finish is orders above the IS. Plus, my kids aren't having to climb over eachother to get out.
Old 04-29-14, 10:30 AM
LexFather

Congrats, a few IS F owners now have a GS F-sport....
Old 04-29-14, 12:06 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats your going to miss the power of the f as time goes by.
Old 04-29-14, 07:15 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GSTONY
Congrats your going to miss the power of the f as time goes by.
I think by the time he will start to miss the power, the GSF will be release just in time for him to trade up.
Old 04-30-14, 09:06 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by victg93
Do you have a link to a post about the LED lighting and button/**** replacement?
Not sure I understand. However, in my car there are probably 50 little hidden white LED's all over the cabin. Some light up the floor when you're in park, some light up the cup holders, some light the seating area by shining from behind a strip on the door trim about halfway up the door. It glows like a spaceship at night and it's so subtle and indirect you barely notice it.

Another great thing about the interior lighting is the way just about everything is stenciled for light, from the steering wheel to the window controls. The open/close dials for the AC vents are lit too. I know this is fairly standard on some cars but the way it's carried out here is extra nice.
Old 04-30-14, 07:16 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure I understand. However, in my car there are probably 50 little hidden white LED's all over the cabin. Some light up the floor when you're in park, some light up the cup holders, some light the seating area by shining from behind a strip on the door trim about halfway up the door. It glows like a spaceship at night and it's so subtle and indirect you barely notice it.

Another great thing about the interior lighting is the way just about everything is stenciled for light, from the steering wheel to the window controls. The open/close dials for the AC vents are lit too. I know this is fairly standard on some cars but the way it's carried out here is extra nice.
I know exactly what you mean but I wish the memory seat buttons were stenciled too and light up at night but they aren't.
Old 04-30-14, 08:46 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I know exactly what you mean but I wish the memory seat buttons were stenciled too and light up at night but they aren't.
Yeah, I've tried to find them in the dark once or twice and it seems like an oversight, but then again you should only need to hit them once when you get in and everything is fully lit (normally) so I can see how they'd skip this.

Quick Reply: Traded my IS-F for a 14 GS F Sport