Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

supercharger question

Old 04-21-14, 11:59 AM   #1
GSTONY
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Default supercharger question

Been lurking on the is forum and looking at supercharger thread, was just thinking If the kit will work on the gs. Since its the same motor I would think it would work. I know power gains aren't much but at 360 whp is more then plenty for me and the sound of boost is also nice to have. Also would you think awd will work with boost. Really intrested in doing this just want some opinion from the GS forum.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
GSTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 03:43 PM   #2
bigblack06
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

I would like to see that, it would cost a little though. I have only heard of one company doing one on the 4GS but no members have done it to my knowledge.

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."-George Globel
2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport Remote Start/Glass Breakage/Heated Steering/Blind Spot Monitor/Tint/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/LED Fogs/J5 Coilovers/Rays GramLight 57FXX Wheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe/More To Come

Lexus GS 450h 2007 SOLD http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...450h-9909.html
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 04:23 PM   #3
jjscsix
Lead Lap

Will kill resale value on a car like a GS. And please don't tell me you will remove it and screw the person who buys it. If you are okay with that, go for it.
jjscsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 04:32 PM   #4
AL13NV8D3R
Pole Position

Group Buy anyone? If someone made this possible I would like to be added to the group buy list. Lol. I tend to keep my cars till there is no life left in them anyways so supercharger seems like a good idea to me.
AL13NV8D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 04:34 PM   #5
13FSPORT
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
Will kill resale value on a car like a GS. And please don't tell me you will remove it and screw the person who buys it. If you are okay with that, go for it.
That's why you lease the car you don't have any worries when u trade it in or just turn it in.
13 GS350 F Sport mod list: Avant Garde wheels, Yokohama tires, RS*R super down springs, vinyl wrap center front bumper, 20% tint all around, meisterschaft exhaust, brembo GT 6/4 piston brakes w 380-350 drilled rotors, SKP front lip, Lexus black chrome front logo....... NEED TO ORDER: RS*R coilovers, SKP side skirts, rear trunk black chrome Lexus logo
13FSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 06:33 PM   #6
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Quote:
My car is already pretty much built, so resale value isnt even a problem just need some more power and that option seems only way to do it.
Old 04-21-14, 07:00 PM   #7
jjscsix
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FSPORT View Post
That's why you lease the car you don't have any worries when u trade it in or just turn it in.
Uhhh, you have voided the warranty. I guess people like you don't care what happens to the next buyer of the car not knowing it was modified, wondering why there are driveline failures down the road. I know, I have put an aftermarket turbo on a car. It was still on it when I sold it and the buyer knew all about it. I practically had to give the car away.
jjscsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 07:49 PM   #8
DoriSaru15
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSTONY View Post
Been lurking on the is forum and looking at supercharger thread, was just thinking If the kit will work on the gs. Since its the same motor I would think it would work. I know power gains aren't much but at 360 whp is more then plenty for me and the sound of boost is also nice to have. Also would you think awd will work with boost. Really intrested in doing this just want some opinion from the GS forum.
Yes it will built on, but honestly paying for so much just to gain 50hp is not worth it. Do you know you have to buy other parts to make it work plus also pay someone that knows how to tune it. I see you like to track your car. So you know your motor and tranny is in a lot of stress already. So adding the supercharge with a motor not meant for force induction and you tracking might not end with a happy story, but who knows you might get lucky. This is just my 2cents and good luck if you decide to get it
DoriSaru15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 07:54 PM   #9
DoriSaru15
Pole Position

Quote:
Uhhh, you have voided the warranty. I guess people like you don't care what happens to the next buyer of the car not knowing it was modified, wondering why there are driveline failures down the road. I know, I have put an aftermarket turbo on a car. It was still on it when I sold it and the buyer knew all about it. I practically had to give the car away.
I think if you get the TRD supercharge and have certified tech install it your warranty will still be good but I could be wrong lol. Anyway that's kinda missed up about people doing that. Good thing I buy new or if used I already now I'm going to swap all the parts including the motor.
DoriSaru15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 09:30 PM   #10
1BlinkGone
Driver

I don't think anyone has successfully installed a supercharger with a fully presentable and working tune yet for the GS350 V6's ECU. There have been a few presentations, but none that were working, bugs-free final production-ready offerings.
Sad to say.
1BlinkGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 08:44 AM   #11
stick22
Driver

i believe at sema 2013 there was a gs with a supercharger built and shown. i think there was an hp increase of about 50hp at the wheels. no clue how much that would cost or if it was reliable.

to my knowledge, the main issue is that no one has cracked the ecu to able to have a working tune.
Old 04-22-14, 11:24 AM   #12
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick22 View Post
i believe at sema 2013 there was a gs with a supercharger built and shown. i think there was an hp increase of about 50hp at the wheels. no clue how much that would cost or if it was reliable.

to my knowledge, the main issue is that no one has cracked the ecu to able to have a working tune.
Yes no one can crack the ecu, but it seems the stock ecu will work for low boost application, but right now it's seems a little pricey until some one can guide me through the process. Please anyone that knows anything let me know
Old 04-22-14, 08:16 PM   #13
natnut
Lexus Champion

It might be a better idea to do an engine transplant and drop the previous generation V8 into the engine bay.
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : LED wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 08:48 PM   #14
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by natnut View Post
It might be a better idea to do an engine transplant and drop the previous generation V8 into the engine bay.
So your saying a isf engine will work?? Because that be awesome
Old 04-22-14, 08:57 PM   #15
natnut
Lexus Champion

Since the GS engine bay is designed to hold a V8, stands to reason it should be able to take either the 4.6 or 5L V8 engines.
Not sure about the engineering work required though....
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : LED wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
natnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 08:57 PM