GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Finally low dust pad for rwd gs350f!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-14, 12:40 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally low dust pad for rwd gs350f!!!!!

SO AFTER TWO YEARS OF WAITING AND JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING THE FRONT AND REAR PADS FROM CENTRIC FIT PERFECTLY!! FINALLY A CERAMIC LOW DUST PAD FOR THE RWD GS350F SPORT!!

ONLY ISSUE IS YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROTORS WITH LEXUS OEM. I TRIED AFTERMARKET AND THEY DIDNT WORK. THE ROTORS ARE A TWO PIECE CONSTRUCTION. BETTER USE THEM TO BE SAFE.

PART # FOR THE PADS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

FRONT: CENTRIC 105.11180 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

REAR: CENTRIC 105.13911 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

GOT MINE ON EBAY FOR APPROX $30.00 A SET. AGAIN, THEY FIT REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER BRAKE RETAIL COMPUTERS SAY. CENTRIC IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT DID THE RESEARCH AND PUT THEM ON THE MARKET. OTHER COMPANIES HAVEN'T EVEN GOT OUT OF BED ON THIS ISSUE YET!! CENTRIC IS THE BOMB!!!

HAPPY DRIVING!!
Old 04-19-14, 02:18 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

yep Posi Quiet will help with the brake dust, But I dont know abt the $30 the cheapest is abt $37.
Old 05-05-14, 12:48 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update: Low dust pads for 2011 fit 2013 f sport rwd!!!

After almost 2 years of research and disgustingly dirty wheels, all the while waiting for a ceramic pad to fit lexus's "so called" new brake pad part number, turns out any pad that fits the 2011 is 350 or the gs 460 or even the gs350 will fit the 2013 rwd f-sport!!

for example:
Ebc red stuff part number dp 31589c d1118 will fit the fronts.
Bendix cq ceramics part number 1586 will fit the fronts.
Akebono proact ceramic part number act1118 will fit the fronts.

Etc etc. Etc

f**'n lexus man! It really bugs me why they would change a part number when the pad is the same part as in previous years!! This stupid logic cost us all a lot of headache and needless wait for a low dust pad.

Anyway, happy shopping.
Old 05-05-14, 01:36 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Good lookin' out, JoelC.
Old 05-05-14, 05:22 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had the Centric for a week now and the difference in brake dust is phenomenal!

After a week of driving there is only a very thin layer of powdery white stuff on the front wheels. The rear barely has anything at all. Best if all, no more squealing noises.

Also looking at the wear pattern if the old pads. I'm estimating that under normal driving, the front pads will last about 25k miles while the rears 60-80k miles.
Old 07-27-14, 09:20 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
I've had the Centric for a week now and the difference in brake dust is phenomenal! After a week of driving there is only a very thin layer of powdery white stuff on the front wheels. The rear barely has anything at all. Best if all, no more squealing noises. Also looking at the wear pattern if the old pads. I'm estimating that under normal driving, the front pads will last about 25k miles while the rears 60-80k miles.
hi sir. Care to comment on the centric pads now almost two months have passed? How is the brake dust? How does that brake dust clean? How does the braking power feel vs the oem pads? When installed; did they installed straight up no changes on the oem rotors/calipers? Any comments, tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-14, 09:49 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
After almost 2 years of research and disgustingly dirty wheels, all the while waiting for a ceramic pad to fit lexus's "so called" new brake pad part number, turns out any pad that fits the 2011 is 350 or the gs 460 or even the gs350 will fit the 2013 rwd f-sport!!

for example:
Ebc red stuff part number dp 31589c d1118 will fit the fronts.
Bendix cq ceramics part number 1586 will fit the fronts.
Akebono proact ceramic part number act1118 will fit the fronts.

Etc etc. Etc

f**'n lexus man! It really bugs me why they would change a part number when the pad is the same part as in previous years!! This stupid logic cost us all a lot of headache and needless wait for a low dust pad.

Anyway, happy shopping.
Has this been confirmed? same surface area? weak.
Old 07-28-14, 08:39 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dun think Akebono ProAct ACT1118 fits the front of 350 F Sport. I'm using it on my GS250 F Sport which has the same brakes as the non F Sport GS 350. Unless the 350 & 350 F Sport has the same front brakes setup which I highly think is not. The F Sport are 2 pcs rotors while thenon F Sport is juz a normal 1 piece piece rotors.
Old 07-28-14, 12:27 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait a minute. So the F Sport, which gets bigger brakes, uses the same pads as the IS350 and non-F Sport GS? Not sure I believe that.
Old 07-28-14, 01:54 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can confirm it is the same as an IS350. My brother has an IS350 and I have GS350Fsport and the front brake pads are exactly the same.
Old 07-28-14, 02:01 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by G-SharK
I can confirm it is the same as an IS350. My brother has an IS350 and I have GS350Fsport and the front brake pads are exactly the same.
And if you're in Texas I'm guessing your car is RWD. Well I guess that settles it then. Odd finding though.
Old 07-28-14, 09:53 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mcolommena
hi sir. Care to comment on the centric pads now almost two months have passed? How is the brake dust? How does that brake dust clean? How does the braking power feel vs the oem pads? When installed; did they installed straight up no changes on the oem rotors/calipers? Any comments, tips would be greatly appreciated.
The Centric pads were pretty much identical to the oem F sport pads. Even came with the shims I just had to buy grease to install. Brake dusts have been dramatically improved. Before the wheels would get noticeably dirty two days after a car wash. Now more like two weeks. Even then the dust is much lighter than the oem Lexus pads.

With street driving I cannot tell the difference. Maybe a 5% reduction in braking power. I think you have to drive really aggressive to notice the difference. My oem pads squeak pretty bad, these cut the noise down by 90% so I would to it just for that. The clean dust is just icing.

Installation is extremely easy. For the front there is only one bolt to remove. The calipers stay in place you just have to slide the pads out, clean, lube, new pads in, and tighten bolt. You'll need something to compress the pistons for ease of installing the new pads. Also if your car needs to have the brake recall done. I would do the pads then bring the car in to do the recall. That way they'll replace your brake fluids for you as part of the recall job. That'll save you about $150.

There rear also required one bolt but the caliper had to be lifted up prior or removing and installing new pads. I say 3 hours max for both front and rear if you work leisurely.

Last edited by mso4; 07-28-14 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 03:22 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Centric pads were pretty much identical to the oem F sport pads. Even came with the shims I just had to buy grease to install. Brake dusts have been dramatically improved. Before the wheels would get noticeably dirty two days after a car wash. Now more like two weeks. Even then the dust is much lighter than the oem Lexus pads. With street driving I cannot tell the difference. Maybe a 5% reduction in braking power. I think you have to drive really aggressive to notice the difference. My oem pads squeak pretty bad, these cut the noise down by 90% so I would to it just for that. The clean dust is just icing. Installation is extremely easy. For the front there is only one bolt to remove. The calipers stay in place you just have to slide the pads out, clean, lube, new pads in, and tighten bolt. You'll need something to compress the pistons for ease of installing the new pads. Also if your car needs to have the brake recall done. I would do the pads then bring the car in to do the recall. That way they'll replace your brake fluids for you as part of the recall job. That'll save you about $150. There rear also required one bolt but the caliper had to be lifted up prior or removing and installing new pads. I say 3 hours max for both front and rear if you work leisurely.
Thank you so much! I think I will do this then. Dust is crazy.
Old 10-12-14, 11:21 PM
mso4
Pole Position

The Centric pads were pretty much identical to the oem F sport pads. Even came with the shims I just had to buy grease to install. Brake dusts have been dramatically improved. Before the wheels would get noticeably dirty two days after a car wash. Now more like two weeks. Even then the dust is much lighter than the oem Lexus pads.

With street driving I cannot tell the difference. Maybe a 5% reduction in braking power. I think you have to drive really aggressive to notice the difference. My oem pads squeak pretty bad, these cut the noise down by 90% so I would to it just for that. The clean dust is just icing.
Just to give you guys an update on these Centric ceramics. So the dust issue is pretty much gone. However, the car now squeaks 10x more than before. And I mean it really squeaks. Especially when the brakes are cold. So when I leave work, pretty much it squeak all the way from 4th floor parking garage to first floor and the next couple lights. I'm getting rid of these ceramics and putting the Lexus pads back on soon.