GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My Story About GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-14, 02:50 AM
Ohhenry714
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Story About GS

I am not a good writer. there are probably many grammatical mistake. but I just want to share an experience i had with this car and how i fell in love with it.

Lexus GS is a decent car. It is elegant and beautiful well thought out well engineered machine that assist the driver. The first time I saw the GS it was an amazing car. It is aggressive, bold, and classy. Then I discover the interior of the car which stunned me. That 12 inch screen is like candy to my eyes. Well organized media center and dashboard just pleased my visual input. Everything just makes sense in this car. The material they used gives very classy feel. Wooden trim and leather is the best combination for authenticity. When I set in the driver seat my body just melts into the seat. The whole interior experience is just so comfortable and makes sense. Everything is within my arm’s reach when I drive comfortably. I don’t need to take my eyes off the road because of the HUD that gives me just the right amount of information when I drive. The side mirrors angles themselves into the perfect view and the rear sunshade slides off when I parallel park. I can cruise in this car without any effort, yet when I want a little more fun I switched to sports plus mode. It gave me the shiver as I accelerates coming out from a corner. That rev sound just does it for me, yet when I cruise you barely hear anything. It is like 2 cars in 1. That was my first experience in the showroom with this car, and 6 months later my grandpa bought it. We live quite far apart, but I was finally able to drive that car last summer for the very first time. Those feelings came back. I smiled as grandpa pulls the car out from the garage and said “take me to lunch.” The exterior was stunning to me and when I got into that driver seat my heart melted. The way it drives was just beautiful. I can feel the car as I drive on the mountain road. Even though it was only 20 minutes. It was an experience I will never forget.

5 months later I came home to Canada, and dad happen to see a very good deal on the 2012 GS. Over the next week we traded away our B-class and got the GS. I loved it and so did my parents. During the first 3 months of the purchase we drove about 5000km. I don’t know if that is a lot for anyone, but we have a Mazda5 that drove 70000 in 8 years, so that was a lot of driving in that 3 months for us. At one point I lost complete interest in that car. It was boring. It became a car that brings me from point A to point B. I did not enjoy it… at all. The look becomes boring feels like an old IS, Interior is just a blah. So I started to question about this investment. I went down to many showrooms to test out different brands like Merc, BMW, Audi, Tesla and I even tried Ford. I have pretty good driving experience with the European cars. They are very powerful and very nice handling. So I start to question myself, why did we pick GS. Even the 2014 IS feels better.

One rainy night after a friend’s birthday party left around 2 am to wait for the rain to stop. As I was walking towards the GS I stopped and just stared at the car. The street light shines right on to the hood that deflect that nice silver light to the surrounding. The shape of the headlamp looks like a beautiful eyes. They are not just eyes. They look like beautiful Japanese lady’s eyes that is giving you a smile. The eye lash extended out from the edge of her eyes. Then it extended out towards the side mirror and flow all the way to the back of the car. Everything makes sense now. It was not a stunning car. It was just pure beauty. It was genuine. It was just so pleasing that just made me smile too. I don’t see any cars does that for me. The more I looked at it the more I fell in love with it. The more it makes sense. GS is not a boring car, it does not have an aggressive look. It is just pure beauty that you cannot find in anywhere. It does not have exotic looks like Lamborghini or Ferrari; nor sport luxury look like the SLS or the R8. The GS is in its own category. Not even a category it is just a piece of fine fine art. I looked at it for a good 5 minutes, until my friend who is a bit tipsy said “dude, you have a beautiful car” and I said “I know.”
On the way home I could not stop thinking about every detail in the car. From the lighting of the car the headlamp and the way it drives. GS is not super fast, or has unlimited horsepower, or sells you caps and t shirt to be in the club. It is a fine car. So fine that I took every detail it does for me for granted. It is a car full of details that surprises you every day. It has so much feelings that you need to take a second in life and digest what you have experienced. It slows your mind down in high speed. Everything made about this car is not perfect, but it gives you the optimal sense in a very relax way. It does not want to show off its horsepower, but it is up to you to discover it.

Later that night I did a little research on fine art and geometry. The painting of Mona Lisa came up. Maybe it is just me, but I see how that smile is so please to look at just like the GS. How the eyes of the GS is just like her eyes. Mysteriously smiling back at you and allure you. I am in love.
Old 04-13-14, 04:03 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ohhenry714
Later that night I did a little research on fine art and geometry. The painting of Mona Lisa came up. Maybe it is just me, but I see how that smile is so please to look at just like the GS. How the eyes of the GS is just like her eyes. Mysteriously smiling back at you and allure you. I am in love.
You really need to stop whatever it is you're on.)
Old 04-13-14, 07:22 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hahaha, thats a good write up. Nice and unique and abet hilarious!
Old 04-13-14, 07:31 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

You said horsepower is hidden until you discover it...is exactly how I feel about the gs. Its quite and smooth when getting around town and cruising but when you step on the go pedal its a whole other story!
Old 04-13-14, 07:07 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Old 04-13-14, 08:39 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Nicely written.

Brings me back to the good old days when 2nd Gen GS owners would wax lyrical about their cars.
Old 04-13-14, 09:22 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn those japrnese lady eyes and that smile, damn them!!!!
Old 04-13-14, 09:32 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 04-14-14, 03:44 AM
Ohhenry714
Driver School Candidate

haha i was on the GS when i thought about this...
Old 04-14-14, 04:46 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandbeef
STUCK! I always laugh when you post these types!
Old 04-14-14, 05:24 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for putting a smile on my face as well. You do know its not alive!

I am begining to understand Kings fascination with Christine,

Last edited by Neogenic; 04-14-14 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-14-14, 06:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Lol this was an interesting post I must say. Hey you love your car and that's great to hear.
Old 04-14-14, 06:45 AM
omaralt
Rookie

Lol get some therapy bud.