GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Two gripes about my GS

Old 03-29-14, 06:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Two gripes about my GS

1) The first one has been mentioned by others, but my iPod frequently shuts off and "Audio Off" displays. This used to happen intermittently. Now it seems to happen every time I drive the car. Someone said it was due to the album art transferring. We have a new G37 Convertible that shows album art and I never have any iPod disconnects. Does this happen to anyone else on a regular basis?

2) In my personalized settings, I have the default for the seat to move back on exit set to Off. However, on occasion the seat still moves back when I exit the car, then it doesn't move back to the original position when I enter the car. I have to push the memory button. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-29-14, 07:13 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Does your ipod shut off while you're listening to it, or just after you start the engine? Mine "went missing" a few times during the winter and I just attributed it to electronics and 20 degree temps. Usually once I unplugged and plugged it back into the USB port it would show up and work fine.
Old 03-29-14, 07:39 PM
Jaked
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both of these issues. It is actually pretty annoying. If I move the seat and reset it a few times it's usually good for awhile. Not sure what I need to do with the audio off.
Old 03-29-14, 07:56 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

For #2, push the seat memory button and either lock/unlock button together until it beeps. That assigns that key fob to that seat memory button. It will adjust seat/ mirrors/ steering wheel as you unlock the car.
Old 03-29-14, 08:06 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just try to remember not to shut the car off or unhook my seatbelt before the person behind me has a chance to climb out.
Old 03-29-14, 08:07 PM
jkeller
Advanced

For #1 how old of an iPod? Is it an older one with a spinning hard drive? It may be near the end of it's life. If not try a different cable. A lot of nonApple aftermarket cables are VERY cheaply made in China. Try using the Apple cable that came with your iPod.
Old 03-30-14, 06:07 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Yes if you switch the album art off it doesn't shut off on its own, I have yet to have it happen for a while now as when I did have it the audio would cut off.
Old 03-30-14, 07:05 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Does your ipod shut off while you're listening to it, or just after you start the engine? Mine "went missing" a few times during the winter and I just attributed it to electronics and 20 degree temps. Usually once I unplugged and plugged it back into the USB port it would show up and work fine.
Yes, it shuts off while I'm listening to it.

For the folks who provided input on the seat memory and iPod cables, thank you. I may go with an iPod Nano and see if that eliminates the problem.
Old 03-30-14, 07:12 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a slightly older nano (the big postage stamp sized one) and like I said, the only time it acts up is when it's extremely cold out. Also, sometimes if you try to skip too many songs you'll get the "acquiring data from ipod" crap and have to wait.
Old 03-30-14, 08:23 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, it shuts off while I'm listening to it.

For the folks who provided input on the seat memory and iPod cables, thank you. I may go with an iPod Nano and see if that eliminates the problem.
I've only had my GS for 2 weeks, but I'm using an iPod nano and have not had any issues. Try the Apple refurb store. 99 bucks

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod
Old 03-31-14, 06:47 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Apple iPod nano 4th Generation and no issues.
Old 03-31-14, 11:24 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

To original poster....
have you tried checking the usb connection. I have had the same problem and sometimes ipod work sometimes no. I checked the usb slot inside the center console and found the USB hole is loose. I tried another ipod cable that fits nice and tight and everything works fine now.
Old 03-31-14, 07:29 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

I have been using a plug with a spool that keeps the wire tight that I bought at Radio shack so the extra wire wouldn't be all over the console, but I ditched it today for the original Apple connector. Fingers crossed, but no drop-outs today. I think it really comes down to the quality of the connector, and now we see why Radio Shack is closing stores.
Old 03-31-14, 08:36 PM
jkeller
Advanced

It's also Apple. If your using a newer Apple device they have that thunderbolt connector patented , solely or with others I don't know.They are using chips embedded in the cable connector to verify it's made by, or licensed by Apple.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...ning_connector
Old 04-03-14, 12:20 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I turned that EZ-Exit off after my poor 5-yr old started screaming at me "No Daddy, Ouch, my foot is stuck"

Poor kid, luckily didnt hurt him, just wedged between his carseat and back of mine.

YIKES!

Originally Posted by flippd
I just try to remember not to shut the car off or unhook my seatbelt before the person behind me has a chance to climb out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two gripes about my GS