GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Remote Window Up/Down

Old 03-29-14, 03:26 PM
airborneGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Window Up/Down

Greetings. I'm new to the group and I just purchased a 13 GS 350 AWD with the Luxury package and I was wondering if there is any kind of sequence or settings to use your key fob to roll up/down your windows or control the sunroof.
Old 03-29-14, 03:30 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The programing of the key fob must be done at that dealership. To open the windows and sunroof, you have to hold down the unlock button for more that 3 sec.
Old 03-29-14, 04:27 PM
airborneGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks.going to the dealership on Monday.
Old 03-29-14, 04:42 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, this is one of the LPS (Lexus Personalization Settings) that has to be turned on by the dealer. I hate the idea that some LPS settings are user changeable through the Nav settings but some are only dealer changeable. What's the point and why not make them all user changeable?
Old 03-29-14, 04:48 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

This is one reason I'm gonna try out the Carista Android app, according to the maker (Carista), the app can change the LPS settings and more. Just got to order a ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter to pair to my phone.
Old 03-29-14, 07:43 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=MrBBQ;8457332]This is one reason I'm gonna try out the Carista Android app, according to the maker (Carista), the app can change the LPS settings and more. Just got to order a ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter to pair to my phone.[/QUOTE

keep us posted on the Carista. I thought about purchasing one but was not sure if it would be beneficial for me.
Old 03-29-14, 07:47 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You know, I bet these default settings are regional. Since you are in Alaska and bought an AWD model, they probably didn't have that set for the pacific northwest/arctic tundra region. In Texas myself, and mine was already set to roll windows down and open the sunroof the day I bought it.
Old 03-30-14, 10:11 AM
lexaz24
Driver School Candidate

That setting would be sweet. Would the dealer charge for the personalized settings?
Thanks.
Old 03-31-14, 01:26 PM
airborneGS
Driver School Candidate

Just went to the Dealer today and they're going to change all the settings I want for free. However after looking on the Driver website it states that they will change the settings for free at your first 5K service. Thanks to all for your help and input.
Old 03-31-14, 03:54 PM
5thavenue
Rookie

[QUOTE=New to IS3;8457583]
Originally Posted by MrBBQ
This is one reason I'm gonna try out the Carista Android app, according to the maker (Carista), the app can change the LPS settings and more. Just got to order a ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter to pair to my phone.[/QUOTE

keep us posted on the Carista. I thought about purchasing one but was not sure if it would be beneficial for me.
I just don't see how paying for this would be that great of a deal.
You can go to the dealership and get them to change your settings once for free.
How many times do you plan on changing the settings?

Today I used one of the Techsteam laptops from our lab and changed the window settings on mine, but after looking through all vehicle systems and seeing what I could customize, this was the only thing I wanted to change.
I don't see myself ever wanting to change anything again.

After activating the feature, I think that it is lame that I have to continue holding the unlock button down until all windows roll down and the sunroof opens up. If you take your finger off of the button then the windows and roof stop. I was thinking that I could just hold down the unlock for 2.5 seconds and then everything would open by itself. Wrong.
It seems like a good feature but I think that the implementation could be better.
Old 03-31-14, 04:46 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

My previous Acura, Hondas, BMWs did the same thing when you hold the unlock button down. And this feature is standard, not something you need the dealership to turn on.

/shrugs
The following users liked this post:
GS3fiddy (12-13-20)
Old 03-31-14, 06:13 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Can they program the lock button to roll the windows up and close the sunroof? I can use the key and hold it in the lock position to do it, just wondering if the remote can be program to do it.

The unlocking and windows roll down is standard on mine, it came like that.
Old 03-31-14, 07:00 PM
5thavenue
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Can they program the lock button to roll the windows up and close the sunroof? I can use the key and hold it in the lock position to do it, just wondering if the remote can be program to do it.

No. There is not a setting you can change to roll the windows up with the fob.
Old 03-31-14, 07:43 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

the app mentioned here says that you can. I would ask the dealership to do it for you.
Old 04-01-14, 06:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys, I'm the developer of Carista for Android. Closing the windows/sunroof with the "lock" button on the remote IS an option on some models. However, it looks like most US models don't have it (not just that they don't have it enabled, but it's not an option at all). One of our test vehicles, a US-spec 2008 ES350 had the option to do it, but only via the smart key. A Euro-spec 2010 RX450h had the option to do it from the regular remote. A US-spec 2014 IS350 didn't have the option to do it at all.

All of them had the option to OPEN the windows/sunroof via the remote.

Carista shows you what settings are available on your specific car for free, BEFORE you purchase the Pro Package. You only need to purchase it if you want to change a setting. You do need the hardware (ELM327 bluetooth device) in order for the app to connect to your car and check what settings are supported by it... but that device is cheap (~$10) and it's useful to have in general, for any driver.

Anyway, I'd be curious to find out whether your GS supports this setting of closing the windows/sunroof from the remote. If the dealer can change it, then Carista can change it as well. (Disclaimer: that's not true of all settings - we don't have them all yet, but we have this particular one, and maybe about 80% of all others; we definitely have MORE than what's on the PDFs that Lexus officially shows you).

And finally, I'll just say that using Carista to change a setting takes a couple of minutes, whereas going to the dealer takes a lot more than that, and even if they agree to do it for free (if your car is new), it could still take you $10 or more in fuel cost to get there and back. Just for 1 single change of settings. Just sayin'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Window Up/Down