GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 07:50 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn right I expect it. It is the above and beyond service that I have experienced from the two Lexus dealerships I have purchased from that keeps me a loyal customer. IMO you are over analyzing my point. But whatever, you win.
Old 10-10-14, 11:34 AM
ap0091
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i used to take my old Mercedes in, the dealer was joint with a Toyota dealer. When I brought in the S550, they would give me an Toyota Camry or Avalon as a loaner.. Thats like taking in a $100k car and getting a pos car back. But a loaner is a loaner, have fun with it even though its **** LOL
Old 10-10-14, 12:32 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Took my beast in LX470 to the local Lexus dealership where I did not even buy my LX and they gave me a 2015 RX350 to drive .
Old 10-10-14, 12:41 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

I'd be curious to know the price variances (if there are any) of the same amount of work performed on a vehicle between two dealers in separate regions of the country. The higher price an individual is paying at one dealer may potentially have amenities the dealer offers (client lounge, Lexus loan cars etc.), that the other dealer may not offer, rolled into the cost of the servicing. Just a thought.
Old 10-10-14, 12:48 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I'd be curious to know the price variances (if there are any) of the same amount of work performed on a vehicle between two dealers in separate regions of the country. The higher price an individual is paying at one dealer may potentially have amenities the dealer offers (client lounge, Lexus loan cars etc.), that the other dealer may not offer, rolled into the cost of the servicing. Just a thought.
Hope this helps

2005 LX470 oil/filter change with Mobile 1 synthetic and lube job 7 zerts on drivetrain plus their normal checks. $117.00. Plus beautiful lounge with free food and new 2015 RX350 with free gas to drive around all day running errands.
Old 10-10-14, 11:37 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Hope this helps

2005 LX470 oil/filter change with Mobile 1 synthetic and lube job 7 zerts on drivetrain plus their normal checks. $117.00. Plus beautiful lounge with free food and new 2015 RX350 with free gas to drive around all day running errands.
When you factor in the loaner car, gas, miles, etc that's actually a great deal. To rent a $40k SUV like that is well over $100 a day.
Old 10-11-14, 05:11 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer only gives you a loaner if you bought from them. The BMW dealer we have was the same way.
Old 10-11-14, 05:11 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

.....they want me to drive around in a cheap econo car for 9 hours?
Oh, the HORROR!!! What is this world coming to???
Old 10-11-14, 07:05 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy resurrection, Batman! The debate continues...

(Love this forum. Heehee)
Old 10-13-14, 12:19 AM
Rbradleysd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Schmexus
He's probably just being a ***** since you specifically requested a Lexus. I seriously doubt there is a schedule for when and what loaner vehicles are available that far ahead. I'd ask to speak to someone higher up than him and insist that you want at least a comparable loaner. You wouldn't see a Mercedes or Porsche dealership sticking their customers in el cheapo ****boxes.
Actually I found Lexus more focused on giving Lexus-only Loaner Cars vs. BMW which I had before. For a LONG time my BMW dealer in San Diego only gave out Camry's (and I drove X5's) unless you had a 7 series. They finally went back to BMW's a few years back. The BMW dealer that worked on my car in Newport Beach used Enterprise as well
Old 10-14-14, 06:57 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Going back to 1998 I've never had this problem with Lexus, Acura, Infiniti or Mercedes.. I would always receive one of their loaners whenever my cars went in for service.

However, when I bring my CTS-V in to Cadillac for service (I try to never leave it with them) I always receive a POS Enterprise rental..

I say POS not because it's a Chevy Cruze. I say it because it is usually filthy inside and out, feels like it's falling apart and stinks of cigarette smoke.. And to top it off the Enterprise rep tries to up-sell you insurance.

Although my dealer is great, GM / Cadillac just doesn't know how to provide premium brand service to a customer. Even though they want to be considered a premium brand.
Old 10-14-14, 09:16 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JT4
Although my dealer is great, GM / Cadillac just doesn't know how to provide premium brand service to a customer. Even though they want to be considered a premium brand.
I have experienced this several times. It's unfortunate. Especially since their big selling full size SUVs are so expensive now, you won't receive an experience anything like you do with your less expensive Lexus.
Old 10-14-14, 11:17 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

I think it's just about the dealer. Here it is just about theirs goodwill. Toyota Tsusho are giving me Lexus (CT or RX) loaner each time for free. But Louwman is just asking if I want to call a cab... or I can pay for loaner.

The most stupid thing about the Louwman is when you buy a Toyota there (doesn't matter which one, eg. the cheapest Aygo) they are lending Toyota loaner for free. But if you buy a Lexus there, they are trying to charge you more. When you can afford Lexus we can earn more? What a stupid attitude...
Old 10-14-14, 12:36 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Mercedes dealer in KC would try and give me a cheap enterprise rental. I was driving a new CLS63 AMG at the time. I just walked into the sales managers office and told him if he wanted to keep my business in the future I needed a nice loaner. He coughed up a new S550 loaner told me in the future anytime I was going to have anything done to my AMG to let him know and he would take care of me. I had bought 3 new 6 figure MB's from that dealer in a 6 year period of time. I knew the sales department wanted to keep me happy!!
Old 10-15-14, 05:19 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Mercedes dealer in KC would try and give me a cheap enterprise rental. I was driving a new CLS63 AMG at the time. I just walked into the sales managers office and told him if he wanted to keep my business in the future I needed a nice loaner. He coughed up a new S550 loaner told me in the future anytime I was going to have anything done to my AMG to let him know and he would take care of me. I had bought 3 new 6 figure MB's from that dealer in a 6 year period of time. I knew the sales department wanted to keep me happy!!
^^ l'm glad it worked out good for you, but isn't it pathetic that it has to come to this..

I mean we all buy certain luxury brands for whatever our reasons are. But one of the selling points of these luxury brands is the promise of a loaner vehicle.

And then, we as customers have to argue or threaten in order for the dealers to stand by these promises that were in fact originally created by each of their respective brands.

Quick Reply: Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?