GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-14, 11:41 PM
pringle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmexus
He's probably just being a ***** since you specifically requested a Lexus. I seriously doubt there is a schedule for when and what loaner vehicles are available that far ahead. I'd ask to speak to someone higher up than him and insist that you want at least a comparable loaner. You wouldn't see a Mercedes or Porsche dealership sticking their customers in el cheapo ****boxes.
Sorry, I've been given a Enterprise rental **** box when I had my Porsche in for service at the local dealership. Although, it honestly wasn't a big deal.
Old 03-29-14, 12:39 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah Ive had that happen to me too. Was very upset. Had to sit around in the dealer and do nothing for 2 hours at my 5k service
Old 03-29-14, 01:05 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

If i were you, I'd worry less about the free loaner car that you aren't obligated to and focus more on the actual work on the dealer. If it is really that bad, as others have said, find a new dealer. If there isn't a new dealer, you have one of two options; a. deal with it b. switch brands.
Old 03-29-14, 05:03 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Yup, find another dealer. There are plenty out there that go the extra mile to keep their customers happy. Obviously the loaner car isn't mandatory and neither is Starbucks coffee, but we aren't going to drink a steamy cup of **** water and smile about it because they aren't "obligated" to give it to us and we didn't have to pay for it.

Look for a better dealership. If they aren't willing to make you happy on such a small issue(according to some) than they damn sure aren't going to go out of their way to make you happy if their is a problem with their work.

Also, the service advisor has already proven that he is dishonest and will tell you whatever he wants to scoot you along.

Last edited by Schmexus; 03-29-14 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 05:47 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Be happy you got a loaner, the BMW dealer here almost never gives them out (Friend has a 2011 x5 that overheated and they didn't give him a car, hes out for a week) and same with Mercedes, they give a shuttle. If they do get a loaner its always a Nissan Altima. If they are out of Lexus loaners, they are out. I'm probably over steeping my bounds, but you aren't to good for a corolla so take it and be thankful.
Well said. I would be happy to have a loaner, any loaner. The jeep dealership where we purchased my wife's car only does Enterprise and we have to pay for that.
Old 03-29-14, 05:51 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Be happy you got a loaner, the BMW dealer here almost never gives them out (Friend has a 2011 x5 that overheated and they didn't give him a car, hes out for a week) and same with Mercedes, they give a shuttle. If they do get a loaner its always a Nissan Altima. If they are out of Lexus loaners, they are out. I'm probably over steeping my bounds, but you aren't to good for a corolla so take it and be thankful.
Old 03-29-14, 07:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
I had my 5K service recently and asked if I could get a loaner to run some errands. They said minimum for their loaners is 3 hours, which won't probably be till the 30K service. Was stuck at the dealer for the 1.5 hours. No big deal though. Is this what other people get at their Lexus dealers?
Every dealer is different, the dealers here will give you a loaner for any service, but there are a lot of dealers around here, competition makes a difference.

neither is Starbucks coffee, but we aren't going to drink a steamy cup of **** water and smile about it because they aren't "obligated" to give it to us and we didn't have to pay for it.
LOL...seriously? It wouldn't even occur to me to base my decision of what dealer to use off of the quality of their coffee or cookies. That's just absurd IMHO. It's free car dealer coffee...if I want a good cup of coffee, I can buy one for myself.

It's a car dealer guys, not a 5 star resort. Sheesh.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-29-14 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 08:15 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS

LOL...seriously? It wouldn't even occur to me to base my decision of what dealer to use off of the quality of their coffee or cookies. That's just absurd IMHO. It's free car dealer coffee...if I want a good cup of coffee, I can buy one for myself.

It's a car dealer guys, not a 5 star resort. Sheesh.

That's obviously not what I said, nor was it the point of that comment, but good job deleting the first part of the quote to make it seem that way.

It's not unheard of, uncommon or unreasonable to receive a comparable(Lexus) vehicle as a loaner. It's obviously important to the customer and he is willing to reschedule several weeks out to allow for it. The service advisor is not working with him AT ALL to accommodate his request and is obviously being dishonest about one not being available several weeks from now. That's a red flag of what to expect in the future for issues that even the less picky customer WILL care about.

Is it being picky to not want to drive a Corolla? Yes, of course, but that's his choice and its obviously important TO HIM.

Is it unreasonable to expect a Lexus for a rescheduled future date? No.

It's not like he's asking for an Enzo to hotrod around town with.

The dealership offers a free car wash. Should you be picky about what kind of car wash you receive? Or just be glad that they're offering such a service and be happy they're giving it to you for free?

Last edited by Schmexus; 03-29-14 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 09:19 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow, I can honestly say that CL members are not only very helpful but honest and imformative group of people. I am not at all angry about not getting a Lexus loaner but its just that ive been spoiled rotten by how nice my GS feels that I change how I feel about other cars. Yes ive driven worst econo boxes during my younder days. Ohh well I'll just take whatever they have availble since the nearest Lexus dealer aside from this one is 3 hours away.

Thank You club lexus members!
Old 03-29-14, 09:53 AM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experiences with a few dealers is that they will give you the same brand loaners if you purchased the cars from them. Otherwise you will get a rental from Enterprise.
Old 03-29-14, 11:08 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

I bought my car from a private person, brought it at the dealer for an oil change and complained about some rattles and they wanted to look into it and gave me a loaner for a week how much the repair lasted. I have a 2is but they asked me what I want for loaner 3IS, ES or 4GS.. Has nothing to do if you bought the car from them or not but each dealer has it's own rules. Those are not costs supported by Lexus corporation. In the repair costs you do pay for the car and not for a corolla, Don;t think the dealer would just gift you cars like that. Prices are adjusted to reflect that.
To the OP I would rethink doing business with them. It's just a nice way to treat your customers and they don;t look they keep up with the rest. Next time take your business to another one.
Old 03-29-14, 11:29 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol when I had the turbos replaced on my BMW they wanted to give me a C250 coupe but I ended up in a 328i for 2 weeks.
Old 03-29-14, 11:51 AM
dagwag77
Driver

I would be annoyed if I made an appointment with a loaner and then got there and none were available, or if I was getting screwed around with by the service guy when asking for a specific car. I don't know how much volume the OP's dealer does, but there has to be a way to reserve a specific car for a good customer if they are flexible with scheduling. My dealer has done it for me for years - they always accommodated me with a GS or RX when I came in for service (they'd try and put you in an ES or IS). I've never heard of a dealer giving something other than their brand of car before reading this thread - other than rentals for body work or something like that...
Old 03-29-14, 12:51 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
. I just bought a $60,000 car and installing $800 worth of accessories and labor and they want me to drive around in a cheap econo car for 9 hours?
Do you know how ridiculous you sound.
On one hand you're saying your a big swinging ****, on the other hand, you're getting pissed off over because you have to "suffer" in a different car for all of 9hours and when presented with that situation, you don't want to reach into your pocket to resolve the issue.
You can't have it both ways and say I'm a big player treat me well, but also I'm a cheapskate and can't handle or resolve the slightest inconvenience by myself.

If you're really that big of a player, just plop down your amex centuriun card and buy a new car off the lot. Or just say take me over to enterprise, and pick out one of their upscale cars. Act the part of someone who knows how to get what they feel they need and be willing to pay for it if it bothers you that much.

But hey that's your prerogative, if you don't like it go to a different dealer or to a different brand; you're completely entitled to your opinion.

Your post is completely valid to see how often this happens to others; but your justification that your amount of $ spent entitles you to a whine, isn't really ringing true or invoking any empathy from me.

Last edited by raytseng; 03-29-14 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-29-14, 01:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

It's not unheard of, uncommon or unreasonable to receive a comparable(Lexus) vehicle as a loaner. It's obviously important to the customer and he is willing to reschedule several weeks out to allow for it. The service advisor is not working with him AT ALL to accommodate his request and is obviously being dishonest about one not being available several weeks from
Please show me the documentation you received from Lexus that says you are to be given a Lexus loaner for anything other than warranty work that lasts over a certain amount of time. Most dealers provide loaners as a courtesy, but it's a COURTESY. Not something he's "owed".

When in doubt, read the fine print.

As for the service advisor, were you there? How do you know he's not working with him to accommodate him? How do you know he is "obviously being dishonest". Do you work for his dealer?

As for the "free car wash" again, that's a courtesy. They don't HAVE to do that. Quite frankly, I always request they don't because they can't wash the car without screwing it up.

Again, it's a car dealership...not a luxury resort. Not a massage parlor. Not a country club. A car dealership.

Quick Reply: Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?