GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-14, 01:22 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I notice a huge difference in attitude from people who've got earlier join dates versus later.

Perhaps this is the millenial thing where perhaps the negative stereotype holds true that Millenials

1) feel entitled to everything
2) get their feelings hurt way to easily when things don't go their way.
3) gripe about it on the internet, rather then solving the issue themselves and getting themselves out of the situation
4) looking for validation for their hurt feelings
Old 03-29-14, 01:51 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your join date on a website means nothing lol. Even if it ever did, you are not your join date. Don't let it trick you into thinking your way is the only way or the right way.
Old 03-29-14, 01:58 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS

Please show me the documentation you received from Lexus that says you are to be given a Lexus loaner for anything other than warranty work that lasts over a certain amount of time. Most dealers provide loaners as a courtesy, but it's a COURTESY. Not something he's "owed".

When in doubt, read the fine print.

As for the service advisor, were you there? How do you know he's not working with him to accommodate him? How do you know he is "obviously being dishonest". Do you work for his dealer?

As for the "free car wash" again, that's a courtesy. They don't HAVE to do that. Quite frankly, I always request they don't because they can't wash the car without screwing it up.

Again, it's a car dealership...not a luxury resort. Not a massage parlor. Not a country club. A car dealership.
Stop putting words in my mouth and stop acting like you know more about the situation than any of us reading this post do. I'm going by what was posted and since he's asking for views from other people, I have mine just as you have yours. If my view isn't accurate based on the information given than neither is yours.

You must go to a low end dealership and have low expectations. Maybe I'm just spoiled and gave been treated better, therefor I feel like it should be normal. I suppose it's all about attitude and how you present yourself. Good luck with that.
Old 03-29-14, 02:11 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys.... were not here to argue with each other. This thread is headed in the wrong direction. Ive owend a 2005 LS 430 which I also bought new in California and when ever I had my LS taken in they have always given me a Lexus loaner. Ive since moved to Tennessee and bought this 2014 GS350 and was told I will get a Corolla. I just wanted a simple question answered? Not to start an argument. As soon as someone on this forum said that he got a rental from enterprise that really answered my question that this dealer is telling me the truth and that other customers may or maynot get a Lexus loaner.
Old 03-29-14, 02:27 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Haha, yeah I'm sure they have all of their nicer loaners all reserved for the next 3+ weeks.

Here is the problem: That particular dealership DOES offer Lexus loaners. They just don't want to give YOU one for some reason. If you're ok with THAT than I guess there is no problem.
Old 03-29-14, 02:38 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Haha, yeah I'm sure they have all of their nicer loaners all reserved for the next 3+ weeks.

Here is the problem: That particular dealership DOES offer Lexus loaners. They just don't want to give YOU one for some reason. If you're ok with THAT than I guess there is no problem.
Then again this is true. What you say is 100% correct but I wish there were more lexus dealers where I live. I am lucky ive got one. And the whole point of getting a loaner is to run arrands around town that you live in. It would not make sense to drive 3 hrs to another Lexus dealer just because I wanted a lexus loaner.
Old 03-29-14, 03:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Stop putting words in my mouth and stop acting like you know more about the situation than any of us reading this post do. I'm going by what was posted and since he's asking for views from other people, I have mine just as you have yours. If my view isn't accurate based on the information given than neither is yours.

You must go to a low end dealership and have low expectations. Maybe I'm just spoiled and gave been treated better, therefor I feel like it should be normal. I suppose it's all about attitude and how you present yourself. Good luck with that.
I'm the one acting like I know more about the situation than other people reading the post? That's pretty funny lol. You're the one assigning motivations to people.

Again...show me where Lexus says you get a Lexus loaner for anything other than warranty repairs where they have your car longer than I believe 4 hours. Facts are facts.

My dealer is great, always goes above and beyond for me, I always get Lexus loaners for any service, far beyond what is guaranteed to me by Lexus. BUT...I don't walk into the place like they owe me anything either. You're right...it is ALL about attitude. On the rare occasion that they are out of Lexus loaners, I don't whine and cry and act like I'm too good to drive a Corolla for a few hours. Something that really endears you to dealer personnel that can only afford to drive Corollas by the way.

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Ive owend a 2005 LS 430 which I also bought new in California and when ever I had my LS taken in they have always given me a Lexus loaner. Ive since moved to Tennessee and bought this 2014 GS350 and was told I will get a Corolla. .
It's an entirely different situation you're in now in TN vs when you were in CA. Dealers in CA went above and beyond to get your business because you had options. It's the same way here in DC. In TN they are the only dealer within 3 hours like you said. So...you're going to get the minimum level of service as is customary in your area between brands and the minimum Lexus will allow.

I'd get used go driving the Corolla for a couple hours while it's being serviced. Or better yet, have it serviced at an independent shop.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-29-14 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-29-14, 03:33 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I don't whine and cry and act like I'm too good to drive a Corolla for a few hours. Something that really endears you to dealer personnel that can only afford to drive Corollas by the way.
Ugh, are you talking down on someone who might only be able to afford a Corolla? Very tasteless and tacky....

I never said Lexus owes anything or is required to do anything so stop acting like I said that. You're missing the ENTIRE point. Read my last post.

The problem is NOT that they don't have a Lexus to loan him. It's that they don't want to give HIM one for whatever reason. If that's acceptable to you than I can see why you're missing this point. You're used to being treated like a lesser individual so it doesn't phase you.
And you're the same guy that cried and whined that the Lexus dealer didn't wash your car well enough FOR FREE and made a big deal about how bad your car looked after your FREE wash?!?!?

He seems to have accepted the results so there really is nothing left to argue about. Have fun in your cute little Corolla! Haha

Last edited by Schmexus; 03-29-14 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-29-14, 03:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Ugh, are you talking down on someone who might only be able to afford a Corolla? Very tasteless and tacky....
That's not at all what I'm doing. I'm just saying that the way to get people to go out of their way to do things for you is not to behave like you think you're better than them.

The problem is NOT that they don't have a Lexus to loan him. It's that they don't want to give HIM one for whatever reason. If that's acceptable to you than I can see why you're missing this point. You're used to being treated like a lesser individual so it doesn't phase you.
Says you. What knowledge do you have that makes you able to say that "they have a Lexus to loan him and they don't want to give him one"? I think the reason likely is that they do t give out Lexus loaners for anything but warranty work, and they likely only have a few if it's a smaller market dealership. If he pitched a fit in there when told it would be a Corolla it's now likely that they think he's just a jerk and aren't going to go out of their way to do anything for him now.

I'm not so insecure that I feel like I'm being treated like a "lesser individual" when I'm given a non Lexus loaner when the dealer is out, or in an instance when they dealer is not required to give me a loaner at all.

And you're the same guy that cried and whined that the Lexus dealer didn't wash your car well enough FOR FREE and made a big deal about how bad your car looked after your FREE wash?!?!?
I don't care what the car looks like after the free wash, as long as it's not damaged. If they damage the car while they have it, they're going to fix it. They did...no big deal. Nobody cried or whined.

The reason I have them skip the wash is not because they do a crappy job (they do), it's because they damage the car while washing it.
Old 03-29-14, 03:47 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Says you. What knowledge do you have that makes you able to say that "they have a Lexus to loan him and they don't want to give him one"? I think the reason likely is that they do t give out Lexus loaners for anything but warranty work, and they likely only have a few if it's a smaller market dealership. If he pitched a fit in there when told it would be a Corolla it's now likely that they think he's just a jerk and aren't going to go out of their way to do anything for him now.
So what knowledge do YOU have that says he "pitched a fit" and that's the reason they won't give him the vehicle he requested?!?! Do you work at the dealership?!? Were you there?!?

See how that works?

Anyways....
Old 03-29-14, 03:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have no such knowledge. That's why I said "if"...and "I think".
Old 03-29-14, 03:54 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

They did...no big deal. Nobody cried or whined.
Yeah, screaming and yelling plus making a big whiney post on Club Lexus DEFINITELY isn't crying or whining lol.

The service manager and I really got into it, I was surprised by how rude he was...even at one point commenting that he didn't think their wash even caused the damage...and saying that since the car was dirty when it came in he has no way of knowing what condition it was in. I told him since I wash it twice a week I was telling him what condition it was in, and unless he was calling me a liar...thats the condition it was in. I also reminded him that I have been a customer of this dealership for 15 years...and to go ask my salesman how many buyers I've sent him, the last of which was 4 days ago. At the top of my lungs in the dealership driveway I told him bottom line...my car is not in the same condition as it was when I brought it in...and if I pay one dollar for this mess it will be the last dollar they ever see from me or anybody I can possibly influence to take their business elsewhere. He responds "I will talk to my manager" and I told him to do that.
Thinking you're entitled to something because you have referred people and have been a customer for several years? Uh huh....
Old 03-29-14, 03:59 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I told him that wasn't at all what I was saying but added, if they damaged my car to the point where it needed to be painted...they damn well can and would paint my car. I want the car delivered back to me in the same condition that it was when I dropped it off...its a $60,000 car I'm paying them $130 an hour to service...doesn't sound like too much to ask.
^^^ that's my favorite part. Throwing around how much you paid for your car and how much you're paying for their service lol. Same thing you're giving this guy crap for haha hypocrite.
Old 03-29-14, 04:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thinking you're entitled to something because you have referred people and have been a customer for several years? Uh huh....
I think I'm entitled to having my car repaired after it's damaged by the dealership without being given a hard time or called a liar because I've been a long term customer, sure. I think that's something we all would expect to be entitled to. I don't think I'm entitled to being given something outside what is typical and customary for the dealer, no. If I had made that post because they didn't wash my car or something you'd have a point.

Big difference between expecting that my car would be repaired after they damaged it and expecting a Lexus loaner when they aren't obligated to give me one. They are obligated to repair damage they caused to the vehicle.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-29-14 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-29-14, 05:38 PM
LexFather

Please show me the documentation you received from Lexus that says you are to be given a Lexus loaner for anything other than warranty work that lasts over a certain amount of time. Most dealers provide loaners as a courtesy, but it's a COURTESY. Not something he's "owed".

When in doubt, read the fine print.

As for the service advisor, were you there? How do you know he's not working with him to accommodate him? How do you know he is "obviously being dishonest". Do you work for his dealer?

As for the "free car wash" again, that's a courtesy. They don't HAVE to do that. Quite frankly, I always request they don't because they can't wash the car without screwing it up.

Again, it's a car dealership...not a luxury resort. Not a massage parlor. Not a country club. A car dealership.

This is true. Technically loaners are only for large service that takes hours or warranty work that is no fault of the customer. Many Lexus dealers are pretty lax with this policy if there are loaner cars. Who the customer is and if they bought from the dealer can matter as well. It also can depend on the service guy.

There are a few factors in play, its not just a free loaner buffet. Lexus compared to most other brands has a pretty good loaner program.

Quick Reply: Not given a Lexus loaner when taking my GS for service?