GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Anyone got a good lease on a GS 350 during March's "Command Performance Sales Event"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-14, 07:33 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
baloo588 is my username over there. You will love this car. I do not miss anything about my 5. I find the remote touch so much superior then the idrive. I can control things faster and seamlessly without too many submenus and the graphics are much more advance. I still get a lot of stares and comments on how great this car is. Never got much with the 5 in the first few months... i love how my GS handles the corners and stays straight on the highway. I like the way its more reactive then passive. Steering is more direct rather then numb. I do wish i had 8 speed vs the 6 speed since I have AWD but to be honest it shifts smooth as silk without that jerking feel of the BMW transmission.
You and I had some bum F10's. I've driven a bunch of LCI models (two 535's and three 550's and an M5) and it is a much improved car. There is no lag, the throttle and transmission shift smoothly and intuitively. The steering is still not good. Better, but it still does not track true.

In researching the new M3. Much detail has been revealed about the car's new EPS. The discussion of what the M3's steering DOESNT do has exposed the fact that the. f10 uses the steering to actually assist the wheel in returning to center, to compensate for bump steer and unusual efforts. I have long, long suspected this, and in was pleased to learn that I was correct. It corrupts the steering and makes the car difficult to drive.

For me, the beauty of the iDrive was the shortcut buttons around the wheel and the 1-8 presets. Those are genius. I will have 36 months to play around with Remote Touch but I can already say that the graphics are not on par with the new NBT iDrive. Those are fabulous. I do wish I had splurged and gotten a GS with the color HUD, but as the goal was a cheap payment and a great car, i won out and couldn't justify the extra $3,500 (dealer stock here all have the HUD, ML stereo and the rear steer all bundled together). I didn't really want the rear steer either.

So for full tax, no money down and $15k per year, I feel like I made out well. I am sure someone got a better deal, but I'm not about getting the last cent, so I won't moan.
Old 03-20-14, 07:40 PM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fsportjay
has anybody leased in socal under this months command/performance program? i'm looking at getting into a gs350 rwd fsport and wanted to see what dealership had a good deal with a sales person I could contact directly. thanks in advance!
I saw some pretty good lease deals there in SoCal on this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...deal-good.html

Maybe we both ought to visit Longo in LA together and get a good deal lol. Or maybe I'll come visit you TX boys since I'll be in Dallas come mid May !
Old 03-20-14, 07:52 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

that sounds like a good idea!

Originally Posted by EchoDelta
I saw some pretty good lease deals there in SoCal on this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...deal-good.html

Maybe we both ought to visit Longo in LA together and get a good deal lol. Or maybe I'll come visit you TX boys since I'll be in Dallas come mid May !
Old 03-21-14, 04:41 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
They do charge you taxes on the entire purchase price! Totally sucks. You don't have to pay up front, you can put it on the payment, but my goal was to cash out my trade and get it all back, absolutely nothing out of pocket. So my payment includes a good amount of tax.

Howdy!
Ask about tax credits.
Old 03-21-14, 06:04 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Ask about tax credits.
Done.
Old 03-26-14, 11:58 AM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

We've been to other dealerships this week and called a few from the NJ, PA area and everyone either sold their last F Sport or are not willing to let their cars go at a steep discount. It's to be expected as the supplies are dwindling. From what we're hearing new shipments will be arriving around mid April and probably will be delivered to the dealerships around the third week of April.

Unfortunately, the deals around the low to mid $500s /mo for 24-27 that others have gotten will not be achieved at this time. We'll just have to wait it out when the new batch arrive and try to haggle then. This will be around late April and into early May.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 03-26-14, 05:14 PM
style JDM
Driver School Candidate

just picked up 2014 f sports $395 per month. 24 months lease
Old 03-26-14, 05:18 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by style JDM
just picked up 2014 f sports $395 per month. 24 months lease
Yeah, and how much down on that....
Old 03-27-14, 09:52 AM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Cali peepz are all getting sweet deals. Although, $395 is quite unbelievable...I'm not doubting you though. I'm currently in conversations with a few more dealerships. Hopefully I'll get some solid numbers by the end of today and make a decision before March ends. If not April is just around the corner. The thing is the F Sports will be at the port on the middle of April and with delivery time it probably won't arrive to the specific dealerships until the third week of April.

If I do get a deal before then I will post the details of the vehicle and the dealership where we purchased the 2014 F Sport.
Old 03-28-14, 10:50 AM
jjpark712
Driver

Just picked up gs350 f sport.
$1999 down.
12k miles/year
24 months
Excessive wear coverage for end of the lease.
530/month.
Lexus of Riverside,ca.
Old 03-28-14, 12:52 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

2014 GS 350 with Premium Package

$0 Down
$0 First month
$0 Out of pocket
$510/month including tax
36 months lease / 12k miles a year

With my trade in, I'm paying $570/month including tax. I did have a negative equity on my trade (5 months left on lease = $2100 plus 7k over mileage).

DCH Lexus of Oxnard.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 03-28-14 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-28-14, 01:40 PM
LexFather

Try JM Lexus in Florida, tell them Mike from Vossen sent you. Very aggressive with the GS deals right now...
Old 03-29-14, 01:05 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Folks, EchoDelta is looking for an AWD F-sport model....not likely going to find those in CA or FL!

I've been working to find one, very hard to locate right now as inventory is so low and we are waiting for next allocation to arrive mid April!
Old 03-29-14, 01:30 PM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
^^Folks, EchoDelta is looking for an AWD F-sport model....not likely going to find those in CA or FL!

I've been working to find one, very hard to locate right now as inventory is so low and we are waiting for next allocation to arrive mid April!
Hey tsopranoMB! Yes, very difficult to find one at this time. Finding an Obsidian/Cabernet is quite challenging. That color combo is either really rare or that popular. Both maybe? My wife and I are getting return phone calls for the Ultra White/Cabernet though...I'm beginning to settle with that color combo as it does have this "regal" look to it. Still, we'll press on and try for the O/C. If not maybe Nebula/Cab? We shall see.

By the way guys if any of you are looking to purchase and are inquiring for any Lexus vehicles, tsopranoMB is the man for ya. I wish I was able to contact him sooner

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 03-29-14, 01:36 PM
EchoDelta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexFather
Try JM Lexus in Florida, tell them Mike from Vossen sent you. Very aggressive with the GS deals right now...
Is that the Ultra White/Cab? It does look nice. We saw one with that combo in NJ and even during a cloudy and dull day that car with that color combo was still a head turner. I guess you can't really go wrong with any color with the GS huh

Thanx for your recommendation too, LexFather. Hmm maybe we'll take a short trip down Florida and swing by JM Lexus. Say hi to my younger brother training for the US Customs then ruck up/down to JM Lexus!

Quick Reply: Anyone got a good lease on a GS 350 during March's "Command Performance Sales Event"?