GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Service Intervals

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 07:46 PM
GSLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Intervals

My Selling dealership keep sending me mail and email saying I need the 10k service.
First of all I bought pre-paid service and I know the first and second (5k and 10k) services are complimentary. I bought my car on June 27th 2013. I have 7200 mi on the odo now.
The next service is do in June or 10k. These guys try to get you in early so they can make more money.

Anybody else experiencing this situation with their dealership?
Old 03-11-14, 08:29 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GSLEX
My Selling dealership keep sending me mail and email saying I need the 10k service.
First of all I bought pre-paid service and I know the first and second (5k and 10k) services are complimentary. I bought my car on June 27th 2013. I have 7200 mi on the odo now.
The next service is do in June or 10k. These guys try to get you in early so they can make more money.

Anybody else experiencing this situation with their dealership?
In a word, yes.i ignore them and plan to get the 24 month oil change done by my independent Lexus shop. I only have 9900 miles on the meter.
Old 03-12-14, 07:15 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a revenue stream they expect to get from uninformed owners. Most of us know our cars, and know what it needs service wise. You need to kindly tell them to stop the calls and notifications. You'll bring the ride in when you know you are ready for service.
Old 03-12-14, 08:44 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I bought my car in July of 2013 and I already have almost 12k on the clock lol. I think they try to guess when you'd hit a certain mileage to make it look like they're on top of things. In reality they have no way of knowing how many miles are on your car until your bring it in. Just think of it as a friendly reminder, kind of like your dentist or eye doctor when they send you a reminder card for your yearly exam.
Old 03-13-14, 12:47 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Wow I bought my car in July of 2013 and I already have almost 12k on the clock lol. I think they try to guess when you'd hit a certain mileage to make it look like they're on top of things. In reality they have no way of knowing how many miles are on your car until your bring it in. Just think of it as a friendly reminder, kind of like your dentist or eye doctor when they send you a reminder card for your yearly exam.
I thought that they tracked the vehicle mileage using GPS just like Merc, BMW, Chevy and others do rather than by guesstimating. My friend who has a Chevy Camaro gets periodic emails with his exact mileage in them stating how many miles he has left until he needs an oil change, what his oil life percentage is, what his tire pressures are, etc.. I believe Mercedes and BMW do this as well now. Does anybody know if this is also the case with Lexus?
Old 03-13-14, 05:35 PM
GSLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Yah you are probably right. I'm just going to ignore their probes till I think it is time to bring the car in.
Old 03-13-14, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
I thought that they tracked the vehicle mileage using GPS just like Merc, BMW, Chevy and others do rather than by guesstimating. My friend who has a Chevy Camaro gets periodic emails with his exact mileage in them stating how many miles he has left until he needs an oil change, what his oil life percentage is, what his tire pressures are, etc.. I believe Mercedes and BMW do this as well now. Does anybody know if this is also the case with Lexus?
I doubt it, because I don't commute and only put about 7,500 miles per year on my car. They send me the reminders much earlier than when I actually need service. If you sign up on the Lexus website as an owner they may have a prompt for you to update your mileage, which would trigger the reminder. Not sure, but...
Old 03-14-14, 12:39 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be a relief compared to the idea that your car is sending messages to the manufacturer about which one of your butt cheeks is warmer than the other. hehehe
Old 04-17-14, 01:28 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
That's a shocker! Is this part of a service you get? Seems they'd need something like OnStar to get it. I wonder if it's an "opt-in" feature...