GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How Much Should I pay for 2013 closeout GS350 FSport

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 02:06 PM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The same dealer tried to screw me on a new IS. They priced a car that was in Nashville but wouldn't budge off MSRP.....and they low balled my trade in. I called Nashville and ended up buying from them and saved $5k on the deal.

Here's another good one from the same dealer. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-screw-me.html

One of my neighbors is a big wig with the dealer's main organization (they own many dealerships). I should send him a link to this thread.

I pity the consumer that walks in there and doesn't know any better.

Last edited by jaznraz; 03-06-14 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-06-14, 04:54 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dougm213
I don't want to squeeze the dealer so much that their margins are too thin. At the same time, I dislike when dealers ask more than what is fair.
Trust me, no dealers shoot themselves in the foot to sell cars. No matter the deal, they're making money. If you get too close to the margin you'll get redirection or a full stop.

You are better off flying to somewhere, where there are many GS's and make a better deal, and drive it home.
Absolutely. Also, despite the sphincter-tightening experience of putting something with 5 miles on it on a public highway, you'll burn off some of the break-in mileage.

One thing to remember, if they are going to be unfair on price imagine what they will do when servicing. Stay away from that dealer.
This right here.
Old 03-07-14, 03:13 PM
d2w4x8nb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I purchased mine. I find a 2013 Base for $51,000 with 19590 miles. Mind you and thank God I got a **** coworker, because he looked the car up and the one they listed didn't even match what was on the internet!! The details they listed was a GS350 F, and not base model. Anyways contacted them and told them, so they changed the internet, and gave me some blah blah blah story!! Dropped the price to $45,000 ish. I was doing a trade in, and the guy agreed on a price over email and when I got there, I guess I was wayyyyyy too excited and he ran me different numbers. It was late at night and I had drove an hour!! Just for the principle alone, I walked away from the deal!! This was in NOV. This guy told me you will be back. I had a PREAPPROVED check with me as well. I was so pissed that I stayed up ALL NIGHT searching for a 2013 Lexus and the price I was comfortable paying. I ended up driving 2 hours to getting a brand new 2013 GS350. If you are in an area where there are NOT alot of Lexus they will screw you and not think twice. I'm laughing cause that car is still sitting at the dealership!!! The only reason I didn't write them a nasty email is because they got my home address in their system!!! If that guy was a great manager that car would have been SOLD that night!!! Bad bness in my eyes!!! #LAME# Walk, and don't settle because you tired!!! Save your money for MODS to your new car!!!! lol Good luck!! Below is the car that the manage told me he COULD NOT come down on. I can see that they have DROPPED the price on this car.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/lex...53429401247707
Old 03-07-14, 07:59 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by d2w4x8nb
Before I purchased mine. I find a 2013 Base for $51,000 with 19590 miles. Mind you and thank God I got a **** coworker, because he looked the car up and the one they listed didn't even match what was on the internet!! The details they listed was a GS350 F, and not base model. Anyways contacted them and told them, so they changed the internet, and gave me some blah blah blah story!! Dropped the price to $45,000 ish. I was doing a trade in, and the guy agreed on a price over email and when I got there, I guess I was wayyyyyy too excited and he ran me different numbers. It was late at night and I had drove an hour!! Just for the principle alone, I walked away from the deal!! This was in NOV. This guy told me you will be back. I had a PREAPPROVED check with me as well. I was so pissed that I stayed up ALL NIGHT searching for a 2013 Lexus and the price I was comfortable paying. I ended up driving 2 hours to getting a brand new 2013 GS350. If you are in an area where there are NOT alot of Lexus they will screw you and not think twice. I'm laughing cause that car is still sitting at the dealership!!! The only reason I didn't write them a nasty email is because they got my home address in their system!!! If that guy was a great manager that car would have been SOLD that night!!! Bad bness in my eyes!!! #LAME# Walk, and don't settle because you tired!!! Save your money for MODS to your new car!!!! lol Good luck!! Below is the car that the manage told me he COULD NOT come down on. I can see that they have DROPPED the price on this car.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/lex...53429401247707
Never be afraid to walk away. You're the one with the money.

I drove about 250 miles to pickup my car, I was expecting for the numbers to be different when I got there, but they honored the verbal agreement (it actually came out to a tiny bit less). I think they knew that I wasn't afraid to walk away, there also wasn't any shenanigans such as BS add-ons or a gap contract (which I don't need with how much I put down).

They also threw in the navigation update (honestly, this should be done as part of the CPO program anyway...).

The reason I drove 250 miles? I tried a local dealer, they didn't have any CPO F sports and wanted to sell me a new F sport... however they would not come down on the MSRP at all, and the lease was over $750-800/month for an F sport (residual was about 39-41k range), on their own website they listed the base GS 350 special lease offer for $400 or so a month, which I brought up, but he never elaborated on the offer.

The F Sport LEASE is an extra $350-400/month?

I decided for low mileage CPO route, 50% down which put my finance payment in the 400's.

Totally worth the drive, and really when you get a new car you kind of want to go on a long drive anyway.

The sales rep from the local dealer called me and I told him I already bought one.

I remember when we were running the numbers he kept making 'mistakes', I would silently balk at the price and then he'd change something and each time the price went down, at one point it went down by a silly amount (like 300/month for 42 month lease or something), and I was like that doesn't sound right, re-check that, sure enough it was another mistake he did.

I didn't feel that he was really competent with all of the mistakes. At least there were no high pressure sales tactics.

But I got tired of the charade and walked away. Found one at another dealer online, made a fair offer, they accepted it, done deal.

Last edited by Voogru; 03-07-14 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-07-14, 08:15 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
That dealer is selling a used loaner/test drive car as new? Shady to start with, shop elsewhere.
My thoughts exactly.