GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Im considering the Invidia exhaust Q300 rear section only

Old 02-13-14, 12:52 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds pretty good , of course its always better to hear in person. I heard the JoeZ in person and it sound really nice.
Old 02-13-14, 06:20 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hypnotika
+1 to this. No issues with mid pipe O2 sensors throwing anything off. Not trying to sell, but I think this is a bonus. The best thing about the joe z was not the added performance, because it's minimal in my opinion. But I did get a 2-3 extra MPG, so est. 380+ miles on a full tank. Without the exhaust, I was estimating only 357 per full tank consistently. Some food for thought.
LIES! I can only dream of numbers that high.
My mpg has dropped since getting this exhaust. I am getting an avg 260 miles per tank. The exhaust somehow made my foot heavier. I'm going to have to have a word with JoeZ about my increasing gas bill.
Old 02-13-14, 10:03 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yardie876
LIES! I can only dream of numbers that high.
My mpg has dropped since getting this exhaust. I am getting an avg 260 miles per tank. The exhaust somehow made my foot heavier. I'm going to have to have a word with JoeZ about my increasing gas bill.
Hah! I don't know man, unless it's the exhaust messing with the system's estimation. I do drive a lot of highway though out in LA, so that could be it as well and I usually drive on normal mode. I have literally logged 370+ miles on a tank several times before filling up though...no lie.

I feel you on the heavy foot at times though! Got me a $700 ticket the first month after install
Old 02-13-14, 10:44 PM
Leonboy
Driver

just had the exhaust installed today. it sounds awesome. A mild throaty sound and when it gets above 4000rpm, its starts to get richer and has this amazing growl to it. sounds exotic in a way. enjoy.

Last edited by Leonboy; 02-13-14 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-14-14, 04:41 PM
DarknessF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So whats the word on throwing a code for the full invidia exhaust is this an issue that can be fixed or ongoing problem you have to deal with?
Old 02-14-14, 05:37 PM
Leonboy
Driver

No error code or CEL.still use the 02 sensors for the mid pipes. Only throws code if you delete the first set of cats.
Old 02-14-14, 06:08 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I got the Mesterschaft axle back and love it. It's not too loud at all sounds great
Old 02-15-14, 08:29 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

I have the full Invidia exhaust - mid pipes and cat back for over 1000 miles. I've never had a CEL and I most certainly didn't need any extension wires to install the O2 sensors back into the mid pipes.

It fits well, sounds good. In short I like it.
Old 02-15-14, 08:55 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

The extensions are not for the wires. They're spacers to bring the rear o2's away from that exhaust stream to change the readings. It's a very common trick to fix the CEL after a midpipe install. Some have to use angled spacers to remove the o2 even farther from the exhaust flow. They're also known as "spark plug non foulers".
Old 02-15-14, 03:55 PM
Leonboy
Driver

Originally Posted by N54MPower
I have the full Invidia exhaust - mid pipes and cat back for over 1000 miles. I've never had a CEL and I most certainly didn't need any extension wires to install the O2 sensors back into the mid pipes.

It fits well, sounds good. In short I like it.
did the exhaust tone change after break in.or putting miles on it. (louder, richer,or deeper)
Thanks.
Old 02-15-14, 04:34 PM
since5oh
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Leonboy
did the exhaust tone change after break in.or putting miles on it. (louder, richer,or deeper)
Thanks.
I've had the full invidia exhaust on for about 4-5k miles. No CEL or issues with it. After the first weeks i thought it was too loud for everyday used. But it got quieter as it broke in. It's a nice aggressive/deep tone.
Old 02-15-14, 07:07 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Thanks.
Originally Posted by since5oh
I've had the full invidia exhaust on for about 4-5k miles. No CEL or issues with it. After the first weeks i thought it was too loud for everyday used. But it got quieter as it broke in. It's a nice aggressive/deep tone.
Just as since5oh said I thought it was a bit loud when I first had it installed but I think it's because the stock exhaust is so quiet. Around town and at crusing speeds it's great and most of the added sound is at the higher RPM's which is where you want it since the car spends very little time above 6000 RPM. Unlike most on here I don't believe in exhaust break in. I think after a certain period of time you get accustomed to it.

From the outside it sounds great and I get nothing but compliments from friends. I'd add that I'm no kid and neither are my friends so none of us like or appreciate loud exhaust or drone when inside the car. On cold start it sounds like my ISF used to and once warmed up it sounds more like a VQ35 or 37 in the 350 or 370Z.

My advice is to try to hear the options out there and drive a car with it. I like mine and would recommend it to anyone for great fit, finish and sound.
Old 02-15-14, 08:12 PM
Leonboy
Driver

After installing my exhaust. Seems to be a little to loud or throaty for me.it is my daily driver.And now the wife is complaining. So I have a practically new axle back Invidia exhaust up for grabs. Had it on for no more than one Day on the car. I'm keeping the mid pipe on for now. Anyone interested shoot me a PM .thanks

Last edited by Leonboy; 02-15-14 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 04:24 AM
DarknessF
Driver School Candidate

No error code or CEL.still use the 02 sensors for the mid pipes. Only throws code if you delete the first set of cats.
Great thats good to hear
Old 02-17-14, 04:51 AM
DarknessF
Driver School Candidate

After installing my exhaust. Seems to be a little to loud or throaty for me.it is my daily driver.And now the wife is complaining. So I have a practically new axle back Invidia exhaust up for grabs. Had it on for no more than one Day on the car. I'm keeping the mid pipe on for now. Anyone interested shoot me a PM .thanks
I've just sent you a pm on this lmk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im considering the Invidia exhaust Q300 rear section only