GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Test fit my AG wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-14, 01:12 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Test fit my AG wheels.

Still need to install my brembo brakes. Front and rear.

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 02-09-14 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-09-14, 04:20 PM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice... But why the "f" badge man?
Old 02-09-14, 04:41 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks good!

Is that a RWD GS?
Old 02-09-14, 04:42 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 0mghi2u
Nice... But why the "f" badge man?
I don't like the look of the factory one I think it looks cheap. I know a lot do people don't like the F off the IS F bc the GS doesn't have the V8 and etc but I like it. Everybody is diff and etc.
Old 02-09-14, 04:44 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Looks good!

Is that a RWD GS?
Yes it is. I bought a AWD and took it back and had them order me a 2wd it was like pulling teeth from the start of me wanting a 2wd before I got the AWD.
Old 02-10-14, 07:53 PM
14GS350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 02-10-14, 07:59 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks great.. the final assembly is going to be like

Old 02-15-14, 09:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

When do we see these officially installed?
Old 02-15-14, 10:28 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
They are installed but I don't like the tire size so I ordered a new set and also it will not stop snowing where I'm at. Let me get smaller tires and I will take some pics. I'm getting 225-35-20 front on 9.5in rims and 255-30-20 rear on 10.5in rim width.
Old 02-16-14, 11:17 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice, except for the F badge. I get your reasoning, but that's like a BMW guy saying I like the way the ///M badge looks better than the normal one, so I'm going to slap on the ///M badge to a non-///M car. It's more than just personal preference... it's dishonest.
Old 02-16-14, 01:55 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jre002
Very nice, except for the F badge. I get your reasoning, but that's like a BMW guy saying I like the way the ///M badge looks better than the normal one, so I'm going to slap on the ///M badge to a non-///M car. It's more than just personal preference... it's dishonest.
How is it dishonest when we don't have the real deal GS F here? If anybody knows about the GS F they know it's not the real deal V8. The only diff is that tacky SPORT letters the badge just looks cheap. Idc what people think as long I like it I bought it and I will do whatever I want to it if someone cant tell the diff between the 2 than it doesn't matter to them either so I don't get why it's that big of a deal to a lot of people on the forums who cares that I don't have the V8 and etc ... But Txs for the comment (very nice). Can't make everybody happy I don't like when people buy a $50-$60k car and rock cheap *** Vossen's wheels that are over priced 1pc wheel. Lol but you don't see me making comments to everybody asking why they are rocking cheap *** wheels on a nice car or saying you can afford a high end car but your buying cheap wheels or people buying a regular GS and installing a GS F Sport front end what's the diff????? I would rock my stock wheels over Vossen anyway!!!!

You don't have to reply I'm just giving you examples. Lol. No biggies I just get people bc they will bit*** about a badge that's missing the SPORT on it. It's not that big of a deal not the end of the world.

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 02-16-14 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 02:09 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
How is it dishonest when we don't have the real deal GS F here? If anybody knows about the GS F they know it's not the real deal V8. The only diff is that tacky SPORT letters the badge just looks cheap. Idc what people think as long I like it I bought it and I will do whatever I want to it if someone cant tell the diff between the 2 than it doesn't matter to them either so I don't get why it's that big of a deal to a lot of people on the forums who cares that I don't have the V8 and etc ... But Txs for the comment (very nice). Can't make everybody happy I don't like when people buy a $50-$60k car and rock cheap *** Vossen's wheels that are over priced 1pc wheel. Lol I would rock my stock wheels over Vossen anyway!!!!
No problem, man. It's your car and your choice. I'll answer the question since you asked, but I'm not trying to diss you. It's just a pet peeve of mine so sometimes I'll get on my soapbox and upset people.

As as far as it not mattering because there is no real GS-F... well, there's no hybrid GS 350 either. So if I stuck on a hybrid decal on my GS 350 because I think it adds a nice little touch to my aesthetics, i'm not being dishonest because there is no GS 350h? The reason why it gets under my skin is because that badge "means something". Another question is will you remove the decal when the GS-F comes out? If so, why? And if there is a reason why, then obviously you know there's something not quite right about it in the first place.

But back on topic... I think you made a great wheel choice, great car and color choice, and excellent BBK choice. When it all comes together, your car is going to look very good! Don't pay attention to my babbling about the badge... I can't help myself. lol.

And FWIW, I don't like the F-Sport badge either. If i had an F-Sport GS, I 'd probably debadge it as opposed to adding an F badge.
Old 02-16-14, 02:16 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jre002
No problem, man. It's your car and your choice. I'll answer the question since you asked, but I'm not trying to diss you. It's just a pet peeve of mine so sometimes I'll get on my soapbox and upset people.

As as far as it not mattering because there is no real GS-F... well, there's no hybrid GS 350 either. So if I stuck on a hybrid decal on my GS 350 because I think it adds a nice little touch to my aesthetics, i'm not being dishonest because there is no GS 350h? The reason why it gets under my skin is because that badge "means something". Another question is will you remove the decal when the GS-F comes out? If so, why? And if there is a reason why, then obviously you know there's something not quite right about it in the first place.

But back on topic... I think you made a great wheel choice, great car and color choice, and excellent BBK choice. When it all comes together, your car is going to look very good! Don't pay attention to my babbling about the badge... I can't help myself. lol.

And FWIW, I don't like the F-Sport badge either. If i had an F-Sport GS, I 'd probably debadge it as opposed to adding an F badge.

Trust me you didn't hurt my feeling at all I just understand why people make a big deal about a badge. And the next thing adding a Hybrid badge on a non hybrid isn't the same as what I did bc I'm just missing SPORT on my badge it's Ike I cut off the bottom part so someone and my original badge did have a F on it so that's not the same as someone adding a Hybrid on a non hybrid car. I'm just missing 1 word. lol.

Also again Txs for the comments about my build I can't wait for it to warm up so I can finish it.
Old 02-16-14, 02:18 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Here's a pic with the ugly tires I hate the look of the tires. I will post more when I get new tires.

Old 02-16-14, 02:26 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

looking good man!!! what size rims are those 9.5 in front and whats in the rear?

Im thinking of doing 20s but scared it might rub.

Quick Reply: Test fit my AG wheels.