GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What other lux brands have that GS should

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 09:38 AM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What other lux brands have that GS should

My thought process here is if enough of us want the same thing or present good easy ideas, perhaps it will be added for the next GS model.

I will primarily speak of MB.

The MB E350 has two sun visors in one meaning if you have glare from the side you can turn it and extend it and you also have one that you can flip down - this is definitely not expensive and a easy add on.

It also has slits in the sunroof fabric so that you can open your sunroof with out opening the fabric part and still get air in again a very easy and inexpensive add on.

I know that on f-sport and lux models there are added seat options - but i believe they should add an automatic head rest up/down option to the front seats and a button to flip the headrests in the back up/down as both these comes even on the base mb model

When parking in reverse have the lines turn as you turn the steering wheel.

Please add any and all ideas.
But despite these little things - I think that the Lexus GS is leaps and bounds above the competition in its class. In December of 2015 when I get my new car, it will either be another GS, A Porsche Panamera or (Fisker if they step their mpg game up)
Old 02-03-14, 09:47 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Panoramic sunroof. Lexus needs to adapt and add them to their cars, they're a great feature. Besides that though yeah I agree they should make the head area of the seats powered.
Old 02-03-14, 10:12 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

-Full LED. Lexus already has almost all LEDs on the inside, now they need to complete it with the exterior.
-3D nav
-Independent AC zone fan speed control (a la BMW)
-Air suspension (would be nice)
-Adaptive cornering headlights on f-sport (we're the ones carving mountains, right?)

Oh, and 500 hp
The GS is damn near perfect IMO. These would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited by yardie876; 02-03-14 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-03-14, 10:51 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want atleast 350 hp. If im paying 7-8k more for an F-sport, I dont want just a body kit and a Sport+ feature with stiffer suspension .... I want atleast 50 more hp. Atleast!
Old 02-03-14, 11:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Lions81
The MB E350 has two sun visors in one meaning if you have glare from the side you can turn it and extend it and you also have one that you can flip down - this is definitely not expensive and a easy add on.
I don't know why more carmakers don't have visors like that. My old Explorer had them...

I know that on f-sport and lux models there are added seat options - but i believe they should add an automatic head rest up/down option to the front seats
The LS has that...
Old 02-03-14, 02:20 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
I just want atleast 350 hp. If im paying 7-8k more for an F-sport, I dont want just a body kit and a Sport+ feature with stiffer suspension .... I want atleast 50 more hp. Atleast!
this or at least have an upgraded engine option...
Old 02-03-14, 02:23 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

It also has slits in the sunroof fabric so that you can open your sunroof with out opening the fabric part and still get air in again a very easy and inexpensive add on. )
It would be nice. Maybe a patent/copyright thing. I’ve not seen anything like this other than MBZ.
Old 02-03-14, 02:30 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

panameras are awesome, but have sooooo many issues. My boss has Panamera GTS. little exaggeration, but his car is at the dealership three days a month for issues and he pays full month's lease for these days, too and we're talking about $2,000 a month.
Old 02-03-14, 02:37 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

I would have loved this better than the slits on sunroof cover. https://www.google.com/search?q=sunr...ml%3B717%3B478
Old 02-03-14, 02:55 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yardie876
-Full LED. Lexus already has almost all LEDs on the inside, now they need to complete it with the exterior.
-3D nav
-Independent AC zone fan speed control (a la BMW)
-Air suspension (would be nice)
-Adaptive cornering headlights on f-sport (we're the ones carving mountains, right?)

Oh, and 500 hp
The GS is damn near perfect IMO. These would just be icing on the cake.
What is "independent ac zone fan sped control"?

The headlights would be nice / but it's expensive and would either raise the price of a f-sport or can only be an added option which is better - the hp would def raise the price. But def good ideas.
Old 02-03-14, 03:10 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

What is "independent ac zone fan sped control"? The headlights would be nice / but it's expensive and would either raise the price of a f-sport or can only be an added option which is better - the hp would def raise the price. But def good ideas.
On some BMWs in addition to being able to control the temp and which vents the AC comes through, you can control the speed individually. So for example I can have the AC on 65° at full blast while the lucky person next to me has it on 80° with the fan on its lowest setting.
Old 02-03-14, 07:00 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

That's why I'm driving a BMW 550 instead of a Lexus. I traded my 2010 GS350 for the BMW. I was amazed that just when Lexus decides to get serious about building a true sports sedan with the GS F-Sport they actually drop the V8 that was already available in the car (neutered though).
Old 02-03-14, 11:15 PM
IanRuhten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soft Close doors
Auto hold brake feature of BMW (this is not hill descent)
Rear side sunshades
3D Nav (worth repeating)
Illuminated door handle pockets
Power sunroof shade
Dimming side mirrors
Hard drive storage for music
iPhone cradle (vs just a USB cable)
Hands free trunk opening (move foot under trunk with fob in pocket & trunk opens)
Close & lock button in trunk (not just close)
Old 02-04-14, 01:23 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. Even the IS-350 has the same engine and, unless I'm mistaken, would probably beat the GS from stoplight to stoplight.
Old 02-04-14, 10:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by IanRuhten
Rear side sunshades
Dimming side mirrors
The GS has both of these things available. Mine has both.

Quick Reply: What other lux brands have that GS should