GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..

Old 05-17-12, 12:56 AM
wlmngtn310
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..

Well, its been a little over a month now that I purchased the car and I noticed quite a few things that truly bug me. Seems like the engineers at Toyota/Lexus didn't truly drive this car for hundreds and thousands of miles before truly releasing it to the public; or maybe, my car has these defects.

Feel free to post any defects, complaints, etc for discussion!

I'd like to start off with a few that I have noticed, and ill bullet them to simply things.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My conclusion? Lots of things that where overseen by the engineers at Toyota/Lexus.
Do I regret buying the car so soon after release? HELL NO! I love my Lexi, no matter how many defects it has

Last edited by wlmngtn310; 05-17-12 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-17-12, 05:50 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WIND NOISE from the driver's side mirror...........here we go again.........say it isn't so!!
Old 05-17-12, 07:12 AM
alex206
Rookie

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310
[*]Darn heat seaters stay on for 10 minutes, then turn off. is 10 minutes enough to get me warm in the AM?
The seats can be overridden. Check with with your service people. Mines stays on until I turn it off or I turn off the car.
Old 05-17-12, 08:02 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change compartment by the steering wheel? Didn't even know that we had one. Gonna have to check it out later. Anyone got a pic of the compartment?
Old 05-17-12, 08:06 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

change compartment (Auxiliary boxes) - page 557 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-06.pdf
Old 05-17-12, 08:10 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

[*]The paint/clear on the car is so sensitive, even looking at it gets it scratched.
This actuallly applies to all Lexus models. Well, except for the LS, its suppose to have some self healing clearcoat.... not sure how well that works
Old 05-17-12, 08:55 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jj14
change compartment (Auxiliary boxes) - page 557 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-06.pdf
Thank you. Wow, I must be blind because I've had the car since late March and have never noticed this "auxiliary box".
Old 05-17-12, 10:20 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, its been a little over a month now that I purchased the car and I noticed quite a few things that truly bug me. Seems like the engineers at Toyota/Lexus didn't truly drive this car for hundreds and thousands of miles before truly releasing it to the public; or maybe, my car has these defects.

Feel free to post any defects, complaints, etc for discussion!

I'd like to start off with a few that I have noticed, and ill bullet them to simply things.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

My conclusion? Lots of things that where overseen by the engineers at Toyota/Lexus.
Do I regret buying the car so soon after release? HELL NO! I love my Lexi, no matter how many defects it has

I'm completely agreed with you. Especially the trunk open/close. I can tell Lexus skimp us for a power trunk. We should all make complains and hopefully they will release a kit install to make it power. I can tell the rear trunk pre-wire for power by some extra connector inside the trunk.

Also there no power folding mirror as well.

Still no LED for turn signal and try to replace all turn signal bulbs to LED is a pain in the buxx.

No sun glass holder?

And the Nav maps still like other Toyota/Lexus from last decade.

Few rattles as well and I'm pretty sure their design engineer didn't drive it for million miles. I can point out more and more imperfect on this 4GS.

I'm looking back after bought this car!

Last edited by onexcite; 05-17-12 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-17-12, 07:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Reflection from aluminum trim on drivers side mirror.

The Fred Flinstone tires,,,,, Bridgestone T El400-02

other than that i haven't had any issues ( KNOCK ON WOOD )

am i regretting buying the 2013 GS,,,,, NOPE!!!!!! although my next venture is the 2013 LS460 Sport.
Old 05-17-12, 07:30 PM
CraigerL4
Driver School Candidate

I've got a whistling noise coming from the drivers mirror. I took it in and they told me it was coming from the protective film I had installed. I plan on getting the film removed and hoped that that would solve the problem. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 05-26-12, 07:56 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

I've noticed the aluminum trim reflection but was able to capture an image of it yesterday. The reflection overlays the mirror but the actual reflection is off the drivers door glass. If you roll the window down it's no longer there. (I didn't roll the window down for a second picture since the car was a bit dirty and I don't like to slide dirt down inside my door)

In any event, if you look close at the image you will also see the A/C vents from above the aluminum trim piece in the general area of the mirror/scene proving its a reflection on the door glass. It is definitely bright and obstructive inline with your vision tho. Solution? replace the trim with something darker. If it was real aluminum I would pull all of mine out and etch it and have reanodized black but it's plastic, sad to say

Old 05-26-12, 05:02 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tint windows will solve problem.
Old 05-26-12, 05:44 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe I'm getting more mellow as I age, but I don't have any complaints about the car aside from spending too much money on it. I love the look, drive, comfort, electronics, etc.
Old 05-26-12, 05:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Tint windows will solve problem.
my windows are tinted and i still have that problem
Old 05-26-12, 06:02 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Blackwood is much Needed FTW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..