GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wiper Resting Position

Old 02-03-14, 02:41 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
That's precisely the point of what I said. If it was powered there would be a motor that could/would burn out when fighting wipers frozen to the windshield.

It's not that hard to just lift the wipers and press them down. I'd rather it be manual and reliable to motorized and have it burn out the first time the wipers fight a big block of ice under the hood.
You have seen way more snow than myself here so i would have to agree with you here.

We in So Cal were so excited when it drizzled a few days ago. It hasn't rained for a while.
Old 02-03-14, 03:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

I'd be happy to send our snow your way! lol
Old 02-03-14, 03:27 PM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I'd be happy to send our snow your way! lol
you guys took all of our snow.

ppl are dancing for snow at a ski resort where i frequent. http://www.mammothmountain.com/Mount...SnowConditions they normally get at least 400 inches of snow, but this year only 65 inches.
Old 02-03-14, 03:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Weird weather this year!
Old 02-04-14, 09:38 AM
ayoddOny
Rookie

Okay so I am having trouble making it in Winter mode. I understand that you can just PULL UP and it should go up? It doesn't seem like it is working for me. Can anyone help me
Old 02-04-14, 11:00 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ayoddOny
Okay so I am having trouble making it in Winter mode. I understand that you can just PULL UP and it should go up? It doesn't seem like it is working for me. Can anyone help me
Have you followed the link in post #4?
Old 02-06-14, 08:58 AM
ayoddOny
Rookie

Originally Posted by terrycs
Have you followed the link in post #4?
I did but i couldn't do it. My step father just came and showed me how to do it like a boss. I was scared that it will break but he just pulled it up and looked at me LOL
Old 02-06-14, 09:38 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Wait, what? I don't consider that "snow" mode. I consider that, "so I'm able to wash the windshield by hand mode". If you have the "Cold Weather Package", your front windshield is heated...at the bottom, where the wipers rest. However I think they only turn on when you're using the winshield defroster button...which deactivates "Auto" climate mode.
Old 02-06-14, 10:09 AM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Wait, what? I don't consider that "snow" mode. I consider that, "so I'm able to wash the windshield by hand mode". If you have the "Cold Weather Package", your front windshield is heated...at the bottom, where the wipers rest. However I think they only turn on when you're using the winshield defroster button...which deactivates "Auto" climate mode.
The electric heater at the bottom of the windshield is activated by a separate 'button' in the climate control settings screen that only shows up when you have it on the main display area on the left. The mini-display on the right doesn't even have it.
Old 02-06-14, 03:10 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Thanks...that's why I've been disappointed with the windshield warmers.
Old 02-06-14, 06:20 PM
NobodyHere
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the wipers are in the winter position, will the wiper deicer be of any use? Not sure how high up the deicer goes up the windshield.
Old 02-06-14, 09:22 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Originally Posted by FishBike
The electric heater at the bottom of the windshield is activated by a separate 'button' in the climate control settings screen that only shows up when you have it on the main display area on the left. The mini-display on the right doesn't even have it.
That's weird. Wonder why Lexus doesn't just turn on the windshield electric heater with the rear window & side mirror heaters so it's all on or off with just one button? Sure would be simple.
Old 02-07-14, 04:58 AM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo
That's weird. Wonder why Lexus doesn't just turn on the windshield electric heater with the rear window & side mirror heaters so it's all on or off with just one button? Sure would be simple.
Perhaps they thought there would be too many situations where you'd want the window and mirror heat, but wiper heat would be a bad idea? So far it's only been about 3 weeks for me, but 3 weeks of very cold, snowy winter, and I've only needed the wiper heat once.

I would have liked a separate physical button for it, myself. But mainly because I'm enjoying the kind of aircraft-like style of buttons and switches everywhere. I'm sure they could have moved a few more onto the overhead area to make room for this one.

Did you know we even have buttons underneath the steering column?
Old 02-07-14, 08:27 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FishBike
I would have liked a separate physical button for it, myself. But mainly because I'm enjoying the kind of aircraft-like style of buttons and switches everywhere...
I find it amusing when a magazine reviewer complains about a car having too many buttons. A lot of folks enjoy being surrounded by a suite of buttons. I know that to a magazine reviewer who spends only a few hours in a car, it must be hard memorizing all those buttons, but when you own the car, and drive it every day, you're going to get used to them fairly quickly. And they sure are a lot more convenient than menu, sub-menu, and sub-sub-menu items on a display unit.
Old 03-01-14, 04:18 PM
Westash
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I blame the sales person who sold you the car for not explaining the different settings of the wiper blades.
Fortunately this was explained to me at my dealership and had the chance to move the wipers up and down with the sales person watching me using the correct force.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiper Resting Position