Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

F-Sport vs Luxury Package

Old 01-25-14, 06:43 PM   #31
LexusVet
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

I was in the same predicament Lux vs Fsport I drove each one extensively and honestly I could not tell the difference in handling using S+, I loved the aggressive look of the F Sport but also loved the Luxury features. At the end of the day I could not live without some of the Luxury features especially the dynamic headlights and wood trim so I purchased the Lux model and added the F Sport trim myself now I have an L Sport. Best of both worlds
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
LexusVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 08:25 PM   #32
Nismo
Rookie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scham21 View Post
...Unless your taking your 50,000$ lexus on a track i doubt the upgrade to suspension and all is needed...
The reason I bought the F Sport over the Luxury is the bigger front brakes and front brake cooling ducts (yes, I take my car to the track).

Oddly, the suspension upgrade is not much of an upgrade. Spring rates are the biggest single factor in making any car handle better; anti-roll/sway bar bars are next. But all GS 350s use the same springs and the same sway bars.

Dampers are third, and are typically set to complement the spring rates. In practice, adjustable damper settings are nice but are really more about fine tuning for a specific set of springs and don't add much to actual handling ability. They do increase driver feel, though, and that is something welcomed by any spirited driver.
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 01:13 PM   #33
scham21
Driver School Candidate

lol "L SPORT" i like....but yea sewell has the conversion kit for less than 1000$ now.
scham21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 01:13 PM

Tags
active, dampers, fsport, gs, lexus, luxury, package, sport