GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport vs Luxury Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 07:57 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The luxury model has the same thigh extenders.

It all depends on what you're looking for, a sportier drive, look & feel or a more luxurious look drive and feel? The F Sport looks more aggressive outside, it feels colder and more teutonic inside (which its supposed to) with the aluminum trim and the metal pedals, sport steering wheel, etc. I personally am a more luxury oriented buyer, so the luxury was the right fit for me but you can't go wrong.

Overall the F Sport definitely feels firmer and sportier on the road in all modes...
My original question was around if there is a significant difference (non-cosmetic) between the F-Sport and the Luxury. The answer is yes, F-Sport is even a step more aggressive in handling. I fall into preferring the Luxury category. Sort of like audiophiles and high end electronics, can't tell the difference. The Luxury has more thna enough power and handling for me.
Old 01-23-14, 08:24 AM
pringle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With regards to seats, the fsport has 16-way seats where the luxury has 18-way seats. The 2 more being the headrests are adjustable.
Old 01-23-14, 08:34 AM
scham21
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Sport....

The only advantage to the F sport is the nicer looking body style. Unless your taking your 50,000$ lexus on a track i doubt the upgrade to suspension and all is needed. But for the average person who just drives it on the weekend or to work every now and then i would rather spend the extra 5 grand for the luxury/premium package. The only way i would have gone with the F sport is if it had a stronger engine but thats not the case.
The following users liked this post:
fastcorner (08-01-23)
Old 01-23-14, 04:49 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scham21
The only advantage to the F sport is the nicer looking body style. Unless your taking your 50,000$ lexus on a track i doubt the upgrade to suspension and all is needed. But for the average person who just drives it on the weekend or to work every now and then i would rather spend the extra 5 grand for the luxury/premium package. The only way i would have gone with the F sport is if it had a stronger engine but thats not the case.
That's what I've been saying. It's the same HP and torque. That goes for the premium or non-luxury version too. It's the same engine.

I think the F-Sport front-end looks wicked in red or black. It doesn't look that attractive in other colors. I just wish it had a much more powerful engine to differentiate it from the non-FSport versions. Then, I would've gotten one.
Old 01-23-14, 05:02 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dougm213
I did sit in the F-Sport, I'll have to disagree. The Luxury also has the thigh extenders and also has the upper back adjustment. For my old bones, I prefer the Luxury seats.

I sat in both and my f-sport seats have the thigh extenders and hip (lateral) bolsters so its pretty much everything the Luxury version has minus a few things which are unnecessary. The F-sport seats are comfortable. I do like the ride of my f-sport with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires that I got after i bought the car as its the same kind of tire on the Luxury version. That complexed with the better suspension gives this GS less body roll and keeps it planted unlike the Luxury.
Old 01-23-14, 05:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by scham21
I disagree. The car feels more nimble and sportier in the F Sport trim. Interior differences are quite distinct as well, depending on what you want its a worthwhile choice.

Its just a sport package, BMW Has an M Sport package which is similar and has no engine upgrade.
Old 01-23-14, 07:51 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Its just a sport package, BMW Has an M Sport package which is similar and has no engine upgrade.
And the BMW needs it a LOT more. Nobody with a sporting heart would pick the current stock 5 series over even a lux package GS. Like an old Buick.
Old 01-23-14, 08:21 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me, the extra "sportyness" wasn't worth what I would be giving up in the Lux. I preferred the wood trim and like the rear sun shades for in the summer. The bumper and rims could always be changed..Also at the time. I wanted DSM and it was not an option on the F sport.
Old 01-24-14, 04:16 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Three reason why I picked luxury package that costs more over fsport .

1. Rear radio/climat control on arm rest, makes the car look more expensive inside.
2. Rear side shade.
3. Front fog ligts, I knew I could install fog light on fsport later but I didn't want to fiddle with the car. Luxury pacakge with LED fog light is a winner.
Old 01-24-14, 05:13 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I preferred the Lux pkg items and wood trim over the F-Sport.
Old 01-24-14, 06:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by puckhead85
To me, the extra "sportyness" wasn't worth what I would be giving up in the Lux. I preferred the wood trim and like the rear sun shades for in the summer. The bumper and rims could always be changed..Also at the time. I wanted DSM and it was not an option on the F sport.
I obviously came to the same conclusion, doesn't mean the F Sport package isn't worthwhile for someone with different sensibilities though.
Old 01-24-14, 11:35 AM
pringle
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I obviously came to the same conclusion, doesn't mean the F Sport package isn't worthwhile for someone with different sensibilities though.
Another thing worth mentioning is the F-sport comes with lower profile tires on 19 inch wheels and the luxury comes stock with 18 inch wheels. It may be nitpicking but the higher profile tire on the 18's are going to be a softer ride.

Last edited by pringle; 01-24-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-24-14, 02:58 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pringle
With regards to seats, the fsport has 16-way seats where the luxury has 18-way seats. The 2 more being the headrests are adjustable.
How do you adjust the headrests ? I have the Lux and mines are not adjustable.
Old 01-24-14, 03:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pringle
Another thing worth mentioning is the F-sport comes with lower profile tires on 19 inch wheels and the luxury comes stock with 18 inch wheels. It may be nitpicking but the higher profile tire on the 18's are going to be a softer ride.
And the 19s will give you sharper handling. It's all about tradeoffs and your priorities

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
They do, if you pull the sides forward you will see it hinges in the center.
Old 01-24-14, 03:34 PM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
The headrests on the Luxury Pakage do not have the horizontal adjustments like the non-Luxury vehicles. The non-lux head rests have 3 position front to back settings. Logic being, since the seats have upper torso adjustment, no need for it on the head rests. I guess you can always replace the headrests with the non-lux versions. the lux version does retained hte butterfly wing adjustments.

Personally I would like to have the additional horizontal adjustment.

Quick Reply: F-Sport vs Luxury Package