GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How customisable is the custom order process?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-14, 06:56 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default How customisable is the custom order process?

For example can I order A GS350 RwD with bamboo wood? Can I order 19 inch fsport wheels on a Luxury package non-fsport model? Any other weird combos options possible? If I order today how long is the wait?
Old 01-13-14, 07:38 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
For example can I order A GS350 RwD with bamboo wood? Can I order 19 inch fsport wheels on a Luxury package non-fsport model? Any other weird combos options possible? If I order today how long is the wait?
I custom ordered a GS a couple of years ago. Whatever you can do when you customize your vehicle on lexus.com, you can do through the ordering process. However, if there's something that lexus.com does not offer as a combination, you CANNOT do through ordering. Lexus is not Porshe, and ordering does not mean full customization.

Ordering does allow you to get combinations that, while technically available, you never see received by dealers. For example, when I was ordering my GS450h, I wanted it without navigation or Mark Levinson. All of the 450h's that the dealers were receiving at that time had both of these.
Old 01-13-14, 07:44 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Custom order is not like BMW it just means your ordering the packages you want that are not held on the lot. Bamboo wouldn't be a combination unless you have the 450h. Also if you want F-Sport wheels you can have them added yes but will be extra and you will have two wheels. Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-14, 07:53 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I specialed ordered mine and you can only select which packages/options you want. For instance, I wanted the PCS and no one had it in area, so I needed to special order it. It's a great way to go if you plan ahead. You get what you want/don't want. Just plan ahead, I wanted my car in spring, so I had to order mine in late January.
Old 01-13-14, 09:58 AM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

It would be Great if Lexus would step it up a bit so that they would be on the same level as BMW / Porsche / and Mercedes.

Nothing crazy but a couple if Individual colors on Interiors and Exterior and small things like the op posted Trim Options etc..

I for one think that you should at least be able to order the color you want If it is a current lexus paint. Ex Ultrasonic Blue and Atomic Silver on the IS350 Fsport available in Canada etc.. however in the US that is not an option..

Im sure plenty of Lexus buyers especially those purchasing F sports would be willing to put down a non refundable deposit to have certain colors available to them and trim options etc..

If parts sells F sport Rims and bumpers It would make sense to be able to order those parts on say a GS450 hybrid should the owner want that combo....

Its just nice to see Lexus finally stepping it up with the New F line.. I mean the acutal F not F sport

just my .02
Old 01-13-14, 09:00 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jrocket
It would be Great if Lexus would step it up a bit so that they would be on the same level as BMW / Porsche / and Mercedes.

Nothing crazy but a couple if Individual colors on Interiors and Exterior and small things like the op posted Trim Options etc..

I for one think that you should at least be able to order the color you want If it is a current lexus paint. Ex Ultrasonic Blue and Atomic Silver on the IS350 Fsport available in Canada etc.. however in the US that is not an option..

Im sure plenty of Lexus buyers especially those purchasing F sports would be willing to put down a non refundable deposit to have certain colors available to them and trim options etc..

If parts sells F sport Rims and bumpers It would make sense to be able to order those parts on say a GS450 hybrid should the owner want that combo....

Its just nice to see Lexus finally stepping it up with the New F line.. I mean the acutal F not F sport

just my .02

They won't do it! Because Toyota/Lexus sells more cars than any other luxury brands! And they are not loosing much.
Old 01-13-14, 09:06 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Manufacturing processes are changing. The era of vehicles that are made to order is coming...