GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Things that you wish 2014 GS Has

Old 01-07-14, 11:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

34-35 is going to ride hard. The recommended PSI from Lexus is 33.If you air them to 31 I think you will like the ride. Unfortunately the Dunlops are louder and ride harder than the Michelins. Luck of the draw which tires you get.

Call me crazy but I did not even test drive the car before buying it
Thats absolutely crazy. I can't imagine spending $60,000 on something without at least driving it around the block.
Old 01-07-14, 12:01 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by GS14AWD
My GS is AWD Luxury with Cold weather package, power trunk, intuitive park, blind spot, MSRP $60xxx. Below is my personal preference and your milage will vary.

1. Better cruise control. GS does not seem to maintain its cruise control speed too well, and its speed can vary by a few miles depending on condition. For people who like to set their cruise 8-9 mph over speed limit (10mph+ usually gets caught), GS could be speeding more than 10mph over limit on certain conditions. BMW and MBs have dynamic cruise control where they brake if necessary to maintain set cruise speed and they are spot on. Perhaps radar cruise control would have solved this.

2. Perhaps 2015 model will offer 8 sp for AWD as well. 3.5 V6 does not seem to yield that much of better gas milage than my previous 5.5 V8 with 7 sp on high way, around 25ish?

3. Auto highbeam.

4. Auto hold.

5. Wider range of adjustable suspension? On normal mode, it is smooth but could be smoother. I think Eco and Normal are the same? It would be great if it offered Comfort, Normal, and Sport, where Comfort would offer Lexus's signature smooth ride.

6. Panaromic roof, ES has it, why not GS?

7. Lower suspension height, AWD has a lot of gap between fender and tire. I've read some threads about lowering and it seems that a lot of people seem to suffer from wobbling from lowering on AWD.

8. Rear view camera with projection lines, not just solid lines. Even Accord has projection lines these days. Not to mention MB, BMW, and Infiniti with their excellent all around view monitors.

9. LED turn signals.

Besides these, despite these, I LOVE my car! I actually look forward to commuting every day now!
7 I do agree it should come out factory looking level not that much gap. I have AWD and I'm lowered with no problems.
I also would love 50+ horsepower would also be enough for me.
Old 01-07-14, 12:15 PM
gsny2014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are spot on on projection lines and 3D/birdview map modes. Lots of lower end cars have them, so why not GS. ?
And radio tuning **** is indeed too far out ! :-)
Personally for me, panoramic roof is not really a deal breaker... though its nice to have. My Maxima had two roofs, and I only used the rear one to show off :-) like 6 times.
to add:
- temperature controls buttons - why not have a ****? much simpler to find and use with a free hand without looking
- Can't find "Turn interior Lights on upon opening a door" setting anywhere. Is it one of those that a Lexus dealer has to program manually during a service visit?
- As someone mentioned in another thread, after flooring the gas in Sport mode, the RPMs stay high for too long. It feels just awkward, plus eats more gas. It would be nice to have another 'custom' mode where you can individually fine-tune steering feel, suspension, acceleration, handling, and what not.
Old 01-07-14, 12:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gsny2014
- Can't find "Turn interior Lights on upon opening a door" setting anywhere. Is it one of those that a Lexus dealer has to program manually during a service visit?
The button is up on the overhead console.
Old 01-08-14, 04:16 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW13GS
34-35 is going to ride hard. The recommended PSI from Lexus is 33.If you air them to 31 I think you will like the ride. Unfortunately the Dunlops are louder and ride harder than the Michelins. Luck of the draw which tires you get.

Thats absolutely crazy. I can't imagine spending $60,000 on something without at least driving it around the block.
Thanks for input. Do you know if tire pressure is supposed to be different between front and back? With MB E Class, front and back were different.

About getting the car without test drive, I got a terrific lease deal, and it was time for me to get out of my last car, so I figured it could not be bad after all those great reviews from numerous journals and owners. Regardless of good or bad, in 3 yrs or less, I would be out, I figured. Good thing I really like this car and I can drive it without worries (got the Lexus's Wear & Tear Insurance) about dings, dents, rims, tires, interiors, etc.
Old 01-08-14, 09:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for input. Do you know if tire pressure is supposed to be different between front and back? With MB E Class, front and back were different.
No, its 33 all around.
Old 01-08-14, 11:10 AM
gsny2014
Driver School Candidate

The button is up on the overhead console.
Well, the button to lock all doors is also right under your left arm, and still there are various settings where you set to engage the locks automatically upon starting the engine, shifting into D, etc.
There is a reason for luxury options in luxury vehicles. But I understand your sarcastic point that sometimes people take them for granted when manual action is also available.

Auto lights ON option turns All internal lights in the vehicle for 30 or so seconds, front, and back, door trim, overhead, etc. Overhead main button only turns one light, and you probably better turn it off after leaving.
Old 01-08-14, 08:18 PM
drjosh123
Driver School Candidate

How about a 60/40 folding rear seat? This is a feature that has been extremely handy on some of my past vehicles.
Old 01-08-14, 08:18 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsny2014

Well, the button to lock all doors is also right under your left arm, and still there are various settings where you set to engage the locks automatically upon starting the engine, shifting into D, etc.
There is a reason for luxury options in luxury vehicles. But I understand your sarcastic point that sometimes people take them for granted when manual action is also available.

Auto lights ON option turns All internal lights in the vehicle for 30 or so seconds, front, and back, door trim, overhead, etc. Overhead main button only turns one light, and you probably better turn it off after leaving.
He was not being sarcastic... The button really is overhead by the sunroof. You are confusing the map light for the interior light button.

I would (not at all sarcastically) suggest looking in the owner's manual for clarification.
Old 01-08-14, 08:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

LOL! I wasn't being sarcastic at all...I was being helpful and telling you where the button you were looking for was. There's a button there that sets it to turn the lights on when you open the doors. Did your car come with a manual?

From now on when you have a question you're on your own
Old 01-09-14, 05:12 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

No, its 33 all around.
My goodness, I didn't think 3-4 psi drop will actually improve the ride quality that much, thank you!
It doesn't ping, pop, jump on every road imperfections now.

This wind noise around driver side window is getting annoying though. From what I gather, a lot of people have this issue and there is no fix for it. So as a sollution, people may become insensitive to such thing, just ignore it, or turn up their radio. GS is supposed to have drag coefficient of 0.27, which is very good. And GS development supposely drove over 1 million miles for testing from what I read. How could they design such air dynamic car and miss this wind noise after driving it for over 1 million? It is not critical but I think they should've spent more time on basic attributes of a luxury sedan rather than spending 9000 hours on LM sound system that not every GSs will have. So for now, I just turn up the volume and enjoy the music.
Old 01-09-14, 08:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

My goodness, I didn't think 3-4 psi drop will actually improve the ride quality that much, thank you!
It doesn't ping, pop, jump on every road imperfections now.
HUGE difference! Glad it helped.

This wind noise around driver side window is getting annoying though. From what I gather, a lot of people have this issue and there is no fix for it.
There are many of us who do not have this issue though, I'm sure there IS a solution its just a mater of finding it.

Do you have the double paned glass in the front?
Old 01-09-14, 08:37 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

HUGE difference! Glad it helped.

There are many of us who do not have this issue though, I'm sure there IS a solution its just a mater of finding it.

Do you have the double paned glass in the front?
I have luxury package with cold weather that came with water repellant glass? I am not sure if this is double paned glass. I am thinking perhaps a wind deflector at the side mirror (I've seen it on some GSs, perhaps FSport thing?) might direct the wind enough to reduce the wind noise. It is not loud or anything and I can certainly live with it, a very faint noise, just enough to bother without radio on. I feel like George from Sienfeld show when George was picking on uneven toe length on a gorgeous woman.
Old 01-09-14, 08:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have luxury package with cold weather that came with water repellant glass? I am not sure if this is double paned glass. I am thinking perhaps a wind deflector at the side mirror (I've seen it on some GSs, perhaps FSport thing?) might direct the wind enough to reduce the wind noise. It is not loud or anything and I can certainly live with it, a very faint noise, just enough to bother without radio on. I feel like George from Sienfeld show when George was picking on uneven toe length on a gorgeous woman.
You should have the double paned glass, but if you roll the front windows down and look at the edge of the glass, you'll see the two panes sandwiched together.

No wind deflectors out there I've seen...
Old 01-09-14, 12:10 PM
gsny2014
Driver School Candidate

Default sorry

LOL! I wasn't being sarcastic at all...I was being helpful and telling you where the button you were looking for was. There's a button there that sets it to turn the lights on when you open the doors. Did your car come with a manual?

From now on when you have a question you're on your own
Crap. I totally misunderstood you. You have a full right to ignore my future questions :-)

I misplaced my Manual Book during a New Year Vermont trip, but I just looked it up in the online manual. (and then in the car itself)
>
so my faith in luxury nature of Lexus is somewhat restored ... still longing for predictive backup lines and 3D map mode, though :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Things that you wish 2014 GS Has