GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Ok Light Grey GS owners with jeans!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-13, 10:24 PM
Rbradleysd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Light Grey GS owners with jeans!

I know we have discussed this ad nauseam but I'm looking for folks with light grey GS's.

What are you using to take the jean stains out? I'm getting a LOT of jean stains on the side bolster from getting in/out of the car

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-13, 05:27 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbradleysd
I know we have discussed this ad nauseam but I'm looking for folks with light grey GS's.

What are you using to take the jean stains out? I'm getting a LOT of jean stains on the side bolster from getting in/out of the car

Thanks in advance!
Try Leather Masters Strong Leather Cleaner - also read this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...d-leather.html

Once you get them out, try leather master's protection cream to prevent it from happening again. I have used it on my GS since day 1, and I have zero stains on the seats. I reapply it once every 6 months.
Old 12-16-13, 07:37 AM
finesta101
Driver School Candidate

Not crazy about using any kind of products for the cleanings, try using a wet microfiber see if that helps. I have red interior and that always gets some stains out as long as it's cleaned right away
Old 12-16-13, 09:44 AM
Trek
Pole Position

I had that thing done by the dealer but can't remember the name of it. I even color my hair (to hide the gray) and I'm not getting any stains on either headrest or seats.Yes, I wear blue jeans.
Old 12-16-13, 09:54 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Leather Masters FTW...
Old 12-16-13, 10:04 AM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Leather Masters FTW...
Yeah, they do the entire interior, including dashboard, everything. They guarantee it against stains. If any happen, they guarantee removal or free replace. Isn't it also called GlassCoat, or is that something else?
Old 12-16-13, 10:51 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While we are talking about the interior does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of the wrinkles that develop from getting in and out on the side bolster?
Old 12-16-13, 02:39 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the Lexus leather cleaner and trust it 100%!!! IT takes all that dirt and grime and discoloration off the grey leather.
Old 12-16-13, 03:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Yeah, they do the entire interior, including dashboard, everything. They guarantee it against stains. If any happen, they guarantee removal or free replace. Isn't it also called GlassCoat, or is that something else?
Leather Masters is a line of leather maintenance products std was recommending, the "coating" you had applied at the dealer doesn't do anything for the seats (that stuff, paint protection, etc is just a cash cow for dealerships and is basically worthless). The only thing that might be of any value is the warranty...assuming you can get them to honor it.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...umentid=476382
Old 12-16-13, 03:51 PM
Trek
Pole Position

I guess I'm not accumulating any dirt and grime (to quote Rexus 300) because I don't drive the car very often. I admit getting the 4GS was more of a mid-life crisis acquisition than a necessity of any kind. I didn't need it for a daily driver. I had just finished getting both daughters through college this year and decided to buy myself something for a change instead of paying kids' tuition bills at overpriced colleges. I tend to keep cars for a long time then hand them down to my kids (my youngest is a boy). My Acura was and is running like a Swiss watch, but what the heck. I hinted to my wife of 25 years that my mid-life crisis was urging me to get either a 23 year old girlfriend on the side or a car I didn't need. She said, "get the car!" So, one Sunday, I did. LOL. I've only had it out of the garage a total of two days in the last two weeks.
Old 12-16-13, 04:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

glass coat is something totally different.

Originally Posted by puckhead85
While we are talking about the interior does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of the wrinkles that develop from getting in and out on the side bolster?
those wrinkles will be there when you begin to get wrinkles.

I guess I'm not accumulating any dirt and grime (to quote Rexus 300) because I don't drive the car very often. I admit getting the 4GS was more of a mid-life crisis acquisition than a necessity of any kind. I didn't need it for a daily driver. I had just finished getting both daughters through college this year and decided to buy myself something for a change instead of paying kids' tuition bills at overpriced colleges. I tend to keep cars for a long time then hand them down to my kids (my youngest is a boy). My Acura was and is running like a Swiss watch, but what the heck. I hinted to my wife of 25 years that my mid-life crisis was urging me to get either a 23 year old girlfriend on the side or a car I didn't need. She said, "get the car!" So, one Sunday, I did. LOL. I've only had it out of the garage a total of two days in the last two weeks.
the 23 year old girlfriend would have been more useful.
Old 12-16-13, 07:38 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

My jeans dont rub off on my light gray leather. I did stop wearing stone washed jeans a while ago however.

Old 12-16-13, 08:06 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
You can try something like Lexol to soften it (that's what I use), but good quality leather does get wrinkles.
Old 12-16-13, 10:59 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean the seats weekly with meguiars quick interior detailer and use leather masters cleaner and protectant every 3 months.