GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth streaming, all of a sudden no audio...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 02:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default Bluetooth streaming, all of a sudden no audio...

Kind of a weird issue. All of a sudden when streaming Audio from my iPhone (iPhone 5 with iOS 6), I have no audio. Song info transmits fine, can browse and select, timer runs, but no sound. Tried pausing, playing, selecting the audio output source on the iPhone, nothing. When you switch between the iPhone and the car for the output source it plays on the iPhone's speakers but when you switch back to the car nothing.

I've rebooted the iPhone, cycled Bluetooth. Paired and unpaired. I know its not the phone because it still plays in the Jeep. Plugging the iPhone in works fine.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-03-13, 03:21 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you getting an audio from the radio/ XM or even the Navigation. On my mom's 07 LS she was driving listening to the radio and then it "popped" and no audio was coming out no phone, radio/XM not even the beeps from the nav UI. It turned out the amp died in the car and thank got for the extended warranty. They had to order a new ML amp.
Old 12-03-13, 03:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by puckhead85
Are you getting an audio from the radio/ XM or even the Navigation. On my mom's 07 LS she was driving listening to the radio and then it "popped" and no audio was coming out no phone, radio/XM not even the beeps from the nav UI. It turned out the amp died in the car and thank got for the extended warranty. They had to order a new ML amp.
Yep, all other audio is fine, phone is fine, just getting nothing from the bluetooth streaming. Its nothing like an Amp, for some reason the audio just isn't streaming over Bluetooth properly.
Old 12-03-13, 03:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the same thing happened to me when i had the GS... although i thought for some reason the BT lost connection with the car because the music played through the phone and not the car speakers. i believe i turned the car off and then back on after a minute or so and it worked fine. that's the only time that had ever happened. i thought it was just me, but i didn't post because it only happened that one time.
Old 12-03-13, 03:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Its been restarted several times now and no dice. Been going on since yesterday...
Old 12-03-13, 04:16 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Had a similar problem, turned out the volume on the phone was on 0 when it was connected to BT.
Old 12-03-13, 04:16 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Try a different streaming device to see if it's the phone or the car. That way you know what to go after. Good luck.
Old 12-03-13, 06:22 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Had a similar problem, turned out the volume on the phone was on 0 when it was connected to BT.
That's a good point. My phone maintains 2 different volume settings independently: bluetooth and speaker.
Old 12-03-13, 06:43 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

It has happened to me once or twice too. I think I ended up just restarting the phone and the car and it was up and running again.
Old 12-03-13, 07:09 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the car just doesn't like your choice in music... lay off the Justin Bieber
Old 12-04-13, 05:59 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Its been restarted several times now and no dice. Been going on since yesterday...
wow... uuummm, i'm stumped other than suggesting a trip to the dealer. although i know there is a solution to this dilemma. it's happening to other owners so i think a dealer visit is more than likely going to happen.
Old 12-04-13, 08:10 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Try a different streaming device to see if it's the phone or the car. That way you know what to go after. Good luck.
I'm sitting at a tire place right now having tires put on the Jeep, my wife is driving the GS today. She called me to tell me her iPhone streams fine!

I'll check the volume output on the phone, although like I said my phone streams fine in the Jeep. Does it hold different volume levels for different output sources (Lexus BT system and Jeep BT system are separate sources)...other than that I'm stumped!
Old 12-04-13, 08:54 AM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
the same thing happened to me when i had the GS... although i thought for some reason the BT lost connection with the car because the music played through the phone and not the car speakers. i believe i turned the car off and then back on after a minute or so and it worked fine. that's the only time that had ever happened. i thought it was just me, but i didn't post because it only happened that one time.
I had this happen somewhat frequently on my android phone a couple of os versions ago... In my case it was the phone, using an audio redirecting program i was able to cancel the effect to force Bluetooth output instead of having the sound come through the speakers but more often than not turning Bluetooth off and on in the phone and reconnecting would also solve the issue. Its interesting to hear this happens on iPhones too... It must be something the car is doing.
Old 12-04-13, 10:58 AM
jucytec
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you try calling to see if that works?

i'm sure you already know bluetooth is just series of profiles... and a phone can be turned on or off individually.

you might just have A2dp disabled in your BT settings.

you can also delete the phone pairing from the car and reconnect again.
Old 12-04-13, 11:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Phone calling works fine.

I hate to un-pair the phone and re-pair it, because every time you do that you have to go in and reprogram all the speed dials...PITA...

I just got home, my wife is still at work when she gets home with the GS tonight I'll play around with it and report back.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth streaming, all of a sudden no audio...