So angry - GLENDALE LEXUS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 07:55 AM
jk13gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So angry - GLENDALE LEXUS

thought i would vent as Im truly frustrated. heres the story

never owned lexus, ive owned mercedes,audi,bmw,land rover, cadilac, chevy etc. I leased my '13 gs 350 in march. I looked at glendale and keyes. keyes had the car i wanted. liquid platinum on black with illuminated sills. nothing too fancy. anyway glendale said they would get me the same car so i went with glendale as they are close to home. thought deal was good but now realize was just ok. 2k down 590 prmnth for 27 mnths. within a month my front brakes were squealing at low crawl in traffic pretty embarrassing. Since May i've brought in 5 times for the same problem. My service advisor jacob does what he can. It got to the point that I've video'd on my phone when it happens as they can never "replcate". they said i had to call lexus on my own and get a fts tec out to look at it. anyway where it stands now is i still love the look of the car and im going in today to glendale and going to see if they are going to be stand up and get me out of this lemon in to another gs. If not im going to lemon law case with lexus and seems as though longo has been cutting great deals. will update also thought about just getting out of lexus in general but trying to give it one more shot
Old 11-23-13, 08:08 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Lemon law over squeeky brakes? Its very well documented on this site how to fix that. Might do some searching then take it to a different lexus dealer to fix instead of spending money on a lawyer. Just my opinion.
Old 11-23-13, 08:16 AM
TyGreeny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
Lemon law over squeeky brakes? Its very well documented on this site how to fix that. Might do some searching then take it to a different lexus dealer to fix instead of spending money on a lawyer. Just my opinion.
Agreed. Take a deep breath.
Old 11-23-13, 08:28 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

There's nothing to claim. Mines had squeaky brakes when I got it too. There's a TSB on it. They should've replaced your front pads and rotors at no charge.
Old 11-23-13, 09:41 AM
jk13gs
Driver School Candidate

they first honed the rotors and replace pads. then replaced rotors and internal parts on calipers i think. still does it. never had this type of problem that hasnt been able to be fixed on any other car. audi merc bmw. maybe its the service dept that cant get it right. if you guys are saying that you've had the problem and its been fixed on your car. its crazy to me though. a car that is over 50k shouldnt sound like a garbage truck in slow traffic.

Last edited by jk13gs; 11-23-13 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-23-13, 09:44 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yupp same here mines been squeakin for a year now just have to find pads that wont make noise
Old 11-23-13, 11:32 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Here u go JK, there was a TSB on the front brakes , here is the link on it post # 30 read it and print it or take it to them, have them fix it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-brakes-2.html
Old 11-23-13, 02:19 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

OP, im so happy i stumbled upon this thread. Glendale has a terrible rep however there is always a silver lining. My brother-in-law just started as a Service rep at Glendale Lexus about 2 months ago. His name is Andre. Take the car to him and he will have the issue solved for you in a day or less. I will send you a PM right now as well with more details. Half those guys there at Glendale Lexus have no bloody idea what the F* they are talking about. Andre is a real car guy, he will take care of it ASAP.
Old 11-23-13, 02:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

If your biggest complaint about the car is squeaky brakes you're doing just fine LOL.

Take it to another dealer.
Old 11-23-13, 05:06 PM
jk13gs
Driver School Candidate

man im really amazed that this is wide spread. do people actually think its acceptable to have breaks that squeal when paying over 50k for a car. ive never had this problem with audi, mercedes, land rover, bmw. or if i did it actually got fixed. maybe it is glendale and i should take to another dealer. today was useless. spoke with the sales manager paris. basically they are saying that its on lexus. "lexus is great when it comes to issues like this", they would "help" me with them. i personally feel if you sell the car you should own up to something like this and/or take the car back and/or offer a replacement or something. essentially they said they could give me the most residual value for my car but would still up my payment on a new one. just crazy that i've had for 7 months and had it in 5 times for same thing. thinking of printing out a 15 ft banner and standing in front of the dealer that reads "squeaky break cars sold here" just blows they way they handled this. so now its on to lexus to see how they will handle.
Old 11-23-13, 10:36 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If the dealer is being that goofy with your brakes, get in touch with Lexus corporate (consumer affairs or whatever is in your owner's manual). Like everyone has mentioned, there's a TSB for it and it's not a mystery for Lexus. If your dealer can't handle it, you may want to try another dealer. You know you can get it serviced anywhere right?
Old 11-24-13, 07:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by jk13gs
man im really amazed that this is wide spread. do people actually think its acceptable to have breaks that squeal when paying over 50k for a car. ive never had this problem with audi, mercedes, land rover, bmw. or if i did it actually got fixed.
Is it acceptable? Its a machine...and machines make noises and sometimes once components get out in the real world and interact with polluted water, carwash soaps, tire dressings, road grime, those components behave in a way that the manufacturer did not intend. My brakes don't squeak, its not "every" GS, or even "most" GS's, its just a problem with some they recognize.

To me its only unacceptable if the manufacturer does not have a remedy...and Lexus has a remedy...theres a TSB. Go on BMW, MB, Audi forums and look at the issues, i have many friends with them and the repairs they have had to have done are astounding, even under warranty. Entire window tracks replaced, breached radiators and coolant lines. Our Jeep has had over 20 warranty failures in the first 30k miles. If you're this pissed over squeaking brakes you need some perspective.

If your dealer can't perform the TSB...find another one. Its that simple. All this talk about lemon law and Lexus being whatever is just completely ridiculous.

spoke with the sales manager paris. basically they are saying that its on lexus. "lexus is great when it comes to issues like this", they would "help" me with them. i personally feel if you sell the car you should own up to something like this and/or take the car back and/or offer a replacement or something. essentially they said they could give me the most residual value for my car but would still up my payment on a new one. just crazy that i've had for 7 months and had it in 5 times for same thing. thinking of printing out a 15 ft banner and standing in front of the dealer that reads "squeaky break cars sold here" just blows they way they handled this. so now its on to lexus to see how they will handle.
Why are you talking to the sales department? They have nothing to do with service and can't do anything for you. You need to talk to the service department.

The idea that they would "replace" your 7 month old car for squeaky brakes is ridiculous. Its not a pair of shoes. The first step in resolving these conflicts is to be reasonable. What you want is your brakes repaired, even suggesting that they should replace your car makes you come off as unreasonable. Worst case scenario, just buy new pads and rotors and replace them yourself.

Take it to another dealer. The fact that you've screwed around with these guys for 7 months is beyond me.
Old 11-24-13, 01:11 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

The reps you have been dealing with at Glendale Lexus were clowns. Just take it to Andre and he will handle it. YES, The service rep DOES MAKE that much difference.

/thread
Old 11-24-13, 08:33 PM
jk13gs
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the responses. they did change out the rotors and pads. so the tsb recal was covered. still doing it. i guess try another service department because it still squeals. if was actually capable i would change myself but unfortunately im not. so need to trust that the service dept knows what they are doing.
Old 11-25-13, 12:23 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just trolling but.....isn't it nice to have 1st world problem?

Quick Reply: So angry - GLENDALE LEXUS