GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 F-Sport - Black or Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-13, 09:12 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black is nicest when it's CLEAN but keeping a clean black car is FULL TIME JOB! So I say, Ultra white and Cabernet Fsport is your choice!
Old 11-21-13, 09:56 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget all get starfire pearl
Old 11-21-13, 09:58 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I say go for the NB. I have it and get compliments about it all the time. Keeping a black car looking good is like having another full time job
Old 11-21-13, 10:09 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnlexus
IMO you should buy the color that you like. You've seen both and your heart tells you black. The choice is obvious! Lol. I'd get black and invest couple hundreds into OC 2 coating. Look into no rinse wash and wax too. It really cut down the time and effort. IMO you shouldnt send your car through grinder whether or not it's black. Congrats, enjoy and post a pic when you pick yours.
That was quite the persuasive argument pulling on my heart string there lol. I will definitely look into that OC 2 coating and see what that is all about and how much it helps. Appreciate the comment.

Originally Posted by JordanXI
I have the grey F Sport but my first choice was white or black. Great deal on the grey as it was on the lot. However, I notice a lot of people checking my car out during the evening hours. The Nebula Grey is a better looking color at night. Also, people think the stock rims were matched to the cars paint.

You really can't go wrong. Black is so deep on the Lexus, the rear tail lights will pop more.

See if the can park them side by side for you outside. That might help you better decide. Best of luck!
Yea i think Im going to ask them to park them side by side so i can make the final call. I agree with you about how beautifully the lights pop out on the black. To me, the black is the much classier option especially with some nice tints. The grey is the sportier option. The other thing I really like about the black is how the diffuser stands apart because of the different color and how it matches with the wheels. On the grey, the diffuser just blends in because its the same color.

Wow this is going to be such a hard decision when the time comes.

Originally Posted by jman-is350
Black is nicest when it's CLEAN but keeping a clean black car is FULL TIME JOB! So I say, Ultra white and Cabernet Fsport is your choice!
You know I was really interested in the Ultra White but unfortunately they did not have any at the dealer. They have 1 Nebula Grey and 2 Blacks with Cabernet interior. I dont want to ask too much of them to find me an Ultra White just to see because I think they have about had it with me after the negotiation process was done. I am getting an awesomely ridiculous deal and I dont want to push them any further lol
Old 11-21-13, 11:44 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Black is awesome but I still think the maint is too much so I'd get Gray. However if you have the time to keep it clean the black is the nicest color on the F sport.
Old 11-21-13, 12:27 PM
JTMav
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by bnlexus
IMO you should buy the color that you like. You've seen both and your heart tells you black. The choice is obvious! Lol. I'd get black and invest couple hundreds into OC 2 coating. Look into no rinse wash and wax too. It really cut down the time and effort. IMO you shouldnt send your car through grinder whether or not it's black. Congrats, enjoy and post a pic when you pick yours.
That's the best advice. I have black and did Opticoat II the finish with good results. Even when the car is a bit dirty the Opticoat still punches through. I have had mostly black cars and every time I try a different color, this time I tried white, it just didn't feel right. Its such a personal decision, seems like you need to figure it out yourself.

Black isn't really a color anyways, its a second job

JTMav
Old 11-21-13, 01:52 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask youself another question then ... is your car usually clean or dirty?

My last car was grey and I took care of it as if it were black so the maintenanace to me is the same regardless of color. So this time around I said to myself I may as well get the black..
Old 11-21-13, 02:20 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by terrycs
Ask youself another question then ... is your car usually clean or dirty?

My last car was grey and I took care of it as if it were black so the maintenanace to me is the same regardless of color. So this time around I said to myself I may as well get the black..
You know the thing is that I love my cars and I love taking care of them. I used to be so **** about keeping my cars clean. However, for the past year since I have started law school, its been so difficult finding the time to be so meticulous with my cars. That's my only real problem. I would hate to neglect a color that requires a good amount of attention. It would be a shame!
Old 11-21-13, 03:14 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Originally Posted by V818RedSC
You know I was really interested in the Ultra White but unfortunately they did not have any at the dealer.
In my complete biased opinion..

I have the Ultra White and it is gorgeous! It is a metallic paint and looks very similar to the Starfire Pearl minus the "Pearl". It is a pure sparkly white.

I have the Flaxin interior which, to me, is a more luxury look. The Cabernet or Black would give it a more sporty look.
Old 11-21-13, 03:45 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

If the constant maintenance on cleaning is not an issue for you, Black is a classic choice. Just hard to maintain since you will see everything after washing it.
Old 11-21-13, 06:38 PM
D2121
Driver School Candidate

Black! It shines very well! all black everything!
Old 11-23-13, 01:52 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Well i finally decided to go with the Nebula Grey with Cabernet interior. I went and signed the contract today but did not take delivery of the car because I still have not received 100% certification from my insurance that my car is totalled. I dont know why they are lagging it so much since the insurance adjuster said he will be totaling the car out. I will post pics as soon as i take delivery of the vehicle. I had to sign the contract though in order to make sure the car I wanted was saved for me and to make sure I locked in the price I had negotiated because it was that good of a deal. I did not want anything to end up changing the terms of the negotiated price because I waited another few days to take delivery.

Here is the deal we worked out:

Vehicle MSRP was high $58k range
$495 / month tax included
$500 out of pocket
24 month lease with option to extend
10k miles a year

Last edited by LEXSTASY; 11-23-13 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 06:43 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Congrats! Is that including tax? Did you get 10k or 12k per year?
Old 11-23-13, 01:01 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by elusive
Congrats! Is that including tax? Did you get 10k or 12k per year?
That is tax included on 10k miles a year

I will edit the post to include that - thanks!
Old 11-23-13, 01:17 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V818RedSC
That's one of my issues. This other guy at school picked up a NG with Cab interior a month ago. Its a pretty small school too so I would be "copying" him essentially even though it was a color I wanted to get beforehand.
Don't let other folks run your life. Get what you want and move to another state! (Just kidding. I'd get what you wanted in spite of what you may perceive others opinions to be.)

Quick Reply: 2014 F-Sport - Black or Grey?