GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 07:59 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
I'm not sure what makes you believe paying cash will prevent the car from depreciating...

Finance, lease, or cash it's the same thing at the end of the day. There are even situations with low MF/financing rates that could make it a better decision than paying cash upfront
There ya go - like using msd's to reduce or eliminate interest and only be paying the depreciation - which is what basically happens when cash is paid up front.

We don't exist in some utopian world - transportation is a necessity in our society. Without a dependable vehicle, we'd have a hard time making a living and doing all the other daily tasks that come along. We all can't ride bikes or walk to work.

That being said, folks need to make good financial decisions throughout life and maybe they'll become that millionaire or multimillionaire that LexusLive is talking about.

That, or win the lotto (don't tell Dave Ramsey I buy lotto tickets occasionally).

Last edited by gmanusmc; 11-24-14 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-26-14, 10:29 AM
JSIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,

I can use some advice here...I was planning on leasing an IS350 F-Sport, but my local Lexus dealer has a 2014 GS350 F-Sport that caught my eye. The salesman explained that the current incentives make the pricing on the GS350 more attractive than the IS350. So, I took the GS350 F-Sport for a test drive today and I was impressed.

I wanted to run the numbers by everyone to see if you think there is more room for them to come down.

2014 GS350 F-Sport
MSRP $60,092
27 Months @ $539
12K Miles/year
Total due at signing $2,782
P.S. - I do not have a trade

I was hoping to get 15K miles/year and pay $2,000 due at signing. Thoughts?

Thank you
Old 11-26-14, 11:15 AM
Mike00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JSIS350
All,

I can use some advice here...I was planning on leasing an IS350 F-Sport, but my local Lexus dealer has a 2014 GS350 F-Sport that caught my eye. The salesman explained that the current incentives make the pricing on the GS350 more attractive than the IS350. So, I took the GS350 F-Sport for a test drive today and I was impressed.

I wanted to run the numbers by everyone to see if you think there is more room for them to come down.

2014 GS350 F-Sport
MSRP $60,092
27 Months @ $539
12K Miles/year

Thank you
I just did $1,600 $566 for 15k miles on a 14 FSport. You should be able to get in the range you are talking about easily enough.
Old 11-27-14, 08:50 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All,

2014 GS350 F-Sport
MSRP $60,092
27 Months @ $539
12K Miles/year

Thank you
According to a millionaire its not a good idea to lease!
Old 11-27-14, 08:52 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

All,

2014 GS350 F-Sport
MSRP $60,092
27 Months @ $539
12K Miles/year

Thank you
What state you in? In some states its a good deal already in some you may get befter deal like $539/m with 0$ out of pocket
Old 11-27-14, 09:02 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
According to a millionaire its not a good idea to lease!
Anything to do with a modern day car isn't a good idea.
Old 11-27-14, 09:27 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sick21
Anything to do with a modern day car isn't a good idea.
There are lots of bad ideas, we still do them because we want to and because we simply can!
Old 11-27-14, 09:31 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There are lots of bad ideas, we still do them because we want to and because we simply can!

Luxury is not supposed to make financial sense.Luxury is not about value. It's up to the buyer to decide whether the luxury is worth the premium.
Old 11-27-14, 09:35 AM
JSIS350
Driver School Candidate

What state you in? In some states its a good deal already in some you may get befter deal like $539/m with 0$ out of pocket
I am in New Jersey. Thank you
Old 11-27-14, 09:58 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I am in New Jersey. Thank you
East cost deals are not as good as central or west cost. I would say keep trying. Go for 15k and less down payment,if not your deal is not so terrible.
Old 11-27-14, 05:59 PM
JSIS350
Driver School Candidate

East cost deals are not as good as central or west cost. I would say keep trying. Go for 15k and less down payment,if not your deal is not so terrible.
Yeah...I'm shooting for $539/27 months with 15k miles with $2,000 due at signing.

Thanks
Old 11-28-14, 07:39 AM
jdf
Driver School Candidate

For anyone interested in taking over a lease, I have a loaded 2014 GS-350 F-Sport in Deep Sea Mica (a rare color in F-Sports). The lease is for 15,000 miles per year and goes until March 2016 (it currently has 10,000 miles on it and is right on track with the allotted miles). My payment is $553/mo., which includes tax and the insurance for dings and scratches, etc. I live in Orange County, CA. Here is a link to the post with pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-sea-mica.html

Please send me a private message if interested.
Old 11-29-14, 09:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLive
So first of all, Dave Ramsey is a multimillionaire, has sold millions of books, and his radio show has a huge following. He never, ever borrows money for anything, least of all the biggest depreciating asset around - a new car.
The whole "Someone posts a thread about a lease deal, then some self righteous A-hole comes in here quoting Dave Ramsey or whoever such BS about how we're all idiots, blah blah blah" REALLY does get tiresome.

Look, we're all adults, we're all presumably fairly well off to be able to afford to purchase or lease a $60,000 Lexus. Why don't we all just stop giving unsolicited financial advice to others. if you saw someone in a store talking to a friend about leasing, would you go up to them, interject yourself into their conversation and start saying "Dave Ramsey says blah blah blah"? No. Thats what you do when you come into a thread like this and post this crap. You wouldn't have the ***** to do that in person, and even if you did...you'd look like a fool.

You know why Dave Ramsey is so rich? Because he sells books and seminars to people like you. Not because he practices what he preaches. Thats the bottom line. I don't need some worthless shiny toothed "guru" to tell me how to live my life. I work hard, I employ people to advise me on matters that I benefit from advice on, people who actually have knowledge of and understand my income, my investments, my goals as opposed to some "one size fits all" guru who preaches to the lowest common denomenator. Bottom line is, I don't deny myself life's pleasures that I can enjoy without hurting myself and my family financially. If I want to go out to eat...I go out to eat. If I want to take a vacation...I take a vacation. I love cars, I derive a great deal of enjoyment out of driving a new car I love every 3 years or so, I'm going to do that. The way to achieve that goal that makes the most sense for me, my financial position, and my tax situation is to lease. Without any context into my situation, my means and my goals...your input and Dave Ramseys input are worthless. Bottom line, I do not need or want your or Dave f%&^ng Ramseys advice. So...keep it.

Nobody asked "should I lease or should I buy?". They asked "is this lease deal I have been offered a good lease deal?". Unless you have some insight into whether or not his lease deal is close to the best lease deal that can be currently negotiated on a Lexus GS350...do us all a favor and unplug your keyboard.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-29-14 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-29-14, 10:24 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The whole "Someone posts a thread about a lease deal, then some self righteous A-hole comes in here quoting Dave Ramsey or whoever such BS about how we're all idiots, blah blah blah" REALLY does get tiresome.

Look, we're all adults, we're all presumably fairly well off to be able to afford to purchase or lease a $60,000 Lexus. Why don't we all just stop giving unsolicited financial advice to others. if you saw someone in a store talking to a friend about leasing, would you go up to them, interject yourself into their conversation and start saying "Dave Ramsey says blah blah blah"? No. Thats what you do when you come into a thread like this and post this crap. You wouldn't have the ***** to do that in person, and even if you did...you'd look like a fool.

You know why Dave Ramsey is so rich? Because he sells books and seminars to people like you. Not because he practices what he preaches. Thats the bottom line. I don't need some worthless shiny toothed "guru" to tell me how to live my life. I work hard, I employ people to advise me on matters that I benefit from advice on, people who actually have knowledge of and understand my income, my investments, my goals as opposed to some "one size fits all" guru who preaches to the lowest common denomenator. Bottom line is, I don't deny myself life's pleasures that I can enjoy without hurting myself and my family financially. If I want to go out to eat...I go out to eat. If I want to take a vacation...I take a vacation. I love cars, I derive a great deal of enjoyment out of driving a new car I love every 3 years or so, I'm going to do that. The way to achieve that goal that makes the most sense for me, my financial position, and my tax situation is to lease. Without any context into my situation, my means and my goals...your input and Dave Ramseys input are worthless. Bottom line, I do not need or want your or Dave f%&^ng Ramseys advice. So...keep it.

Nobody asked "should I lease or should I buy?". They asked "is this lease deal I have been offered a good lease deal?". Unless you have some insight into whether or not his lease deal is close to the best lease deal that can be currently negotiated on a Lexus GS350...do us all a favor and unplug your keyboard.
Well said SW13GS - I think there's probably a number of us who hope that since we haven't heard from this dude in awhile, he's moved on and is busy counting his money someplace where he won't bother someone.
Old 11-29-14, 10:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Well said SW13GS - I think there's probably a number of us who hope that since we haven't heard from this dude in awhile, he's moved on and is busy counting his money someplace where he won't bother someone.
Its a chronic problem though, and its not just this guy by a long shot. Pretty much every thread gets bogged down with this sort of stuff and its a shame, because since this is a highly leased car this site can be a HUGE resource when it comes to lease rates and terms. It certainly was when I got mine.

Quick Reply: 2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?