GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dent on my new GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-13, 01:14 PM
ioh789
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dent on my new GS-F

Just picked up my new 2013 GSF white with Cabernet interior couple days ago. Then guess what, the next day I spotted a dent the size of a quarter on the front passenger side door, and also was covered with touch up paint. (clearly they were trying to cover it up)

I called the dealer right the way and was told to bring it in for them to check it out.
What should I do fellow members? I'm afraid the dealer is not going to admit it and blame on me.
Old 09-22-13, 01:33 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Congrats on the new car. It must hurt to see that. Post up a pic of the dent (and the rest of the car!) so we can assess how bad it is. If there is touch up paint on it, maybe you can use that as leverage and prove they caused the damaged.
Old 09-22-13, 03:09 PM
ioh789
Driver School Candidate

Dent on my new GS-F-20130922_175717-2-.jpg
here it isDent on my new GS-F-micromsg.1379466247642-1-800x450-.jpg

Last edited by ioh789; 09-22-13 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-22-13, 04:13 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can live with it, get some comp and have them try and pull it out and not repaint the panel. Many other forum members have expressed great difficulty getting the pearl white color matched to factory. Or, invoke the return policy and get out of the car and get a new one. Personally, I'd request a different car as I don't think id be happy with a car like that on delivery. However, I've also learned from a past car to closely inspect a car on delivery. They are human and will make mistakes. They are also sometimes dishonest unfortunately and try and cover things up. Hopefully you have a good dealer, and keep us updated.
Old 09-22-13, 04:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

They should be able to PDR that I would think...
Old 09-22-13, 05:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

take it back... raise holy hell if you have to.
Old 09-22-13, 05:38 PM
GS350718
Driver School Candidate

Default dent

Definitely take to the dealership to get it corrected, they should be able to. Good luck. Congrats.
Old 09-22-13, 06:23 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

the dent doesnt concern me so much as the touch up paint does. A PDRed dent on a white car will be hard to pick up. But why is it touched up I wonder.

My car goes back into another shop this week to get resprayed again and some dings removed that were put in at JM lexus while at their body shop. Mind you I have never put a door ding in any of my cars.
Old 09-22-13, 07:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think every Lexus dealer has access to a paintless dent removal . Just take it back and insist they remove the dent at no charge. I actually bought a paintless dent removal package for the life of the car since I know these are almost inevitable.
Old 09-23-13, 06:38 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it can be established that the dealer did this, I would demand a new car. You will always know that it has been repainted and a touchup/repaint is never as good as the original factory paint. I would be very unhappy with that dealer for trying a stunt like that.
Old 09-23-13, 09:45 AM
bean006
Driver

The dealership should deal with the paint/dent issue.
It's a new car, should be PERFECT and clear from blemishes...

Don't settle for a "touch-up" job. Must look as good as factory color.

If i'm not mistaken, in CA, the dealership has to perform the fixing until satisfaction. If it's not fixed satisfactorily, then the buyer can return the car.

I'm sure they will be able to resolve the issue.
Old 09-23-13, 03:19 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it back to the dealer and have him PDR it. You aren't going to get a new vehicle, those that think you will are dreaming, that's just trash talk. This is why you have to do an inch by inch appraisal of a new vehicle upon pickup. Get down on your hands and knees if you have to, sight along the panels to see any dents or waves. Cars get jacked around all the time in shipping and jockeying around so your situation isn't unique, but the dealer should have done a better job in pulling the dent.
Old 09-23-13, 03:21 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Take it back to the dealer and have him PDR it. You aren't going to get a new vehicle, those that think you will are dreaming, that's just trash talk. This is why you have to do an inch by inch appraisal of a new vehicle upon pickup. Get down on your hands and knees if you have to, sight along the panels to see any dents or waves. Cars get jacked around all the time in shipping and jockeying around so your situation isn't unique, but the dealer should have done a better job in pulling the dent.
Old 09-23-13, 03:36 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

exactly right
Old 09-23-13, 08:05 PM
ioh789
Driver School Candidate

I'm going in on thursday,thanks! will keep you guys posted...

Quick Reply: Dent on my new GS-F