GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Who is going to ''It's your move'' event in Anaheim, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 10:29 PM
jimster716
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycs
Planning on lowering your car or are you going to leave it at stock height?

I don't think you missed much in terms of the prize for the fastest lap time. The last time they did this ... the prize was a lap around the course in the black LFA.
Definitely lowering it. Waiting for springs from Japan for test fitment...taking a while, long enough I'm considering getting other springs in the meantime. Yeah, my buddy got screwed...he took a "drift" lap in the IS350 and not the ISF. LOL
Old 09-16-13, 10:34 PM
jimster716
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
That's much faster than me I only did 23.2. But boy I had so much fun doing it. Actually I had more fun over at the non-timed track. I drove the LS twice, the GS, and the IS 250.
Although it's been probably 5 years since I last did it, I put a few seasons in SCCA Solo2 autox and that experience definitely helped (personally, I think even getting a drivers license should require autox-type time behind the wheel). Yeah, it was fun, kinda got my juices flowing again. I should've spent some time in the non-timed ride and drive area.
Old 09-17-13, 05:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bean006
It was nice to see you, Mike. I had a great time hanging out at your booth.
I really wished i had won the new set of wheels from the raffle ticket tho.... missed my digits...

I hope you had a great time in Hollywood Blvd!!

See you next time.
Nice meeting you as well!

Some nice 4GSs in the show lot
Old 09-17-13, 10:06 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed out I hope this event happens again next year.
I remember when I did a Lexus event a few years back at Irwindale?, I drove the IS350 on the auto-x course and beat the pro drivers' times. They all complimented me and said great driving. Having said that, I would've smoked all of you
Old 09-18-13, 10:24 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jimster716
Although it's been probably 5 years since I last did it, I put a few seasons in SCCA Solo2 autox and that experience definitely helped (personally, I think even getting a drivers license should require autox-type time behind the wheel). Yeah, it was fun, kinda got my juices flowing again. I should've spent some time in the non-timed ride and drive area.
Yes your time would have been better had you took the non-timed rides first. I still had a blast!

Originally Posted by elusive
I missed out I hope this event happens again next year.
I remember when I did a Lexus event a few years back at Irwindale?, I drove the IS350 on the auto-x course and beat the pro drivers' times. They all complimented me and said great driving. Having said that, I would've smoked all of you
Wow that's impressive if you can beat the pro. You would definitely would have smoked all of us.

Originally Posted by terrycs
You must've got there after I left. I didn't log in that morning so I didn't see your posts until later that night.

I agree with your assessment ... the LS was big for sure, but it handled quite well for it's size in Sport+ mode.

This was also a great opportunity to go crazy in the GS to see what it can really do since we can't drive like this on the streets.

For such a tight course, I liked the handling on the AWD IS-350 F-Sport though.

I don't know about you, but it felt kinda funny driving back home after beating on all those cars on the track.
Yes you have have left by the time I was done drifting the LS around the track. Seriously that thing was very predictable. I was sliding around most of the corners and very proud that I didn't knock down that many cones haha