GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Child Seat and Leather Care

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-13, 02:32 PM
HokieHi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Seat and Leather Care

We have been in our GS350 for a week now and put 250 miles on it. This car is by far the most amazing car we have ever owned, I still catch myself staring at it out the window Anyways,I have a child car seat in the back and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a pad protector to put under the child seat and also on the back of the passenger side seat to prevent her from kicking the back of it. We have the Flaxen leather so hopefully there is a manufacturer that comes close to matching that color. Also, what do you use to keep the leather clean and treated? I would hate to mess it up with the wrong product. Same for the dash?

Thanks,
Chas
Old 08-26-13, 02:45 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about protective pads or covers. Your best bet might simply be white micro fiber or 100% cotton towels to protect the areas where the car seat sits and little feet kick.

As for leather treatments and cleaners, wipe downs with warm water and vacuuming on a regular basis will help. Many of us use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner to maintain the leather; others use Zaino products. There is Aerospace 300 protectant...I'm sure others will chime in with their suggestions. Almost all of these can be used on both the leather seats and the dash, doors, etc. Just be careful not to get it on any screens, dials, or soak the electronics!

Whatever you decide, always test on a small, preferably not too visible section of your seats to make sure the cleaner/conditioner reacts well with your leather (although, if you use any of the products recommended on this site, the risk of that is small).

One recommendation I do make, and this is simply personal preference, is to not use any Armor All products. To me, they leave the finish too shiny and greasy-feeling.
Old 08-26-13, 04:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Amazon.com: Prince Lionheart 2 Stage Seatsaver, Black: Baby Amazon.com: Prince Lionheart 2 Stage Seatsaver, Black: Baby

this is what we have for our lexus, works great. but the color might be tough. you definitely want a protector

for seat back, we don't use any. we make it a rule that kids take off their shoes in the car until they know how not to kick on seat back
Old 08-27-13, 06:16 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still have some adults that periodically kick the backs of the front seats. Haven't had anything that couldn't be wiped off yet though.