GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rear Ended Today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-13, 08:38 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

SF Pearl is notoriously difficult to get right. Sucks but you have to hound them.
Old 09-03-13, 08:51 AM
bean006
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be absolutely sure, you may want to drive it out of the bldg and look at the shades under a BRIGHT SUNNY DAY.

This will definitely detect any color vairation.

But, I agree with the concensus, the bumper looks different. 2 toned color.
Old 09-03-13, 08:57 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch another paint match problem. A respray is definitely needed. Good luck man.
Old 09-03-13, 09:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
SF Pearl is notoriously difficult to get right. Sucks but you have to hound them.
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
The bumper looks grey instead of pearl white
Just to be clear the car color is liquid platinum.
Old 09-03-13, 09:41 AM
praetor
Racer

Oh damn. My bad. But yeah the color is still way off.
Old 09-03-13, 09:42 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
Oh damn. My bad. But yeah the color is still way off.
Same thing.. oops.. the darker/off color of the bumper makes the quater panel look white in comparison
Old 09-03-13, 10:20 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Ok so here are the pics and I'm not really happy, I swear I can see the paint variation, its so clear that It's annoying me.
]
The first picture I was like ok, maybe its the lighting by the time saw the third picture... that looks like they didn't even try... Have another mai tai or better yet a jameson!
Old 09-03-13, 10:25 AM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really, I mean they could have put a cover on the seat at least.

Yeah they didn't put any cover on it, it's just sitting on my back seat. I swear all accidents create is headache, can't wait to go on vacation.
I would have gone ballistic if anybody did that with my car!

I'm glad you brought this up - if any of us have to get work done on our cars, we can let them know ahead of time that this specifically will NOT be acceptable. Put a big Post-It note on the dash listing the things NOT to do.

As to your color match of the bumper, I agree that it's way off - surprised anybody thought it was OK. I have heard that liquid platinum is the toughest to match of the GS colors, but that shouldn't be your concern - you're entitled to get it restored to factory new condition.

Good luck!
Old 09-03-13, 10:33 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to see this, seems like they did not a good job there. Your rear bumper matches the RX on the bottom.....

Old 09-03-13, 10:37 AM
praetor
Racer

I wonder if they used stock paint when they should have created a custom blend. OEM paint will fade slightly over time. Or they royallty screwed it up by picking the wrong color code.
Old 09-03-13, 10:49 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

That definitely looks different from the body. I'm no paint person, but could this be because the area was highly polished and/or too new? Either way, I hope you'll get her fixed. BTW, what happened to her new shoes? I thought you got some new shoes.
Old 09-03-13, 11:01 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I'm surprised they color coated the whole bumper. You would think they would just do the damaged area and blend it out into the bumper.

Bumpers are hard, but they should be able to match it properly. They need to tint the paint so that it matches the paint on your specific car. It will look different in different light too...

On my 2010 ES they repainted the front bumper (paint was Truffle Mica) and they had to do it twice, and that was my shop who I know does great work.
Old 09-03-13, 11:18 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

"DAMN"... Who did the work? I thought I was seeing things, I even adjusted the iPad at diff angles. Not even close, I feel bad for suggesting you get it repaired. You'd have been better off ******* it up with touch up paint, at least it would not have been noticeable. You didn't pay them did you? I hate to say it but that has to be painted again. I hate when someone has to touch my car, even Lexus (so called) techs. Your car is never the same.
Old 09-03-13, 12:23 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
The first picture I was like ok, maybe its the lighting by the time saw the third picture... that looks like they didn't even try... Have another mai tai or better yet a jameson!
Lol Probably gonna go to the hotel bar to have one.

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Sorry to see this, seems like they did not a good job there. Your rear bumper matches the RX on the bottom.....
Yeah they didn't seem like they did a good job, I'am happy I wasn't there as I would have been out of control about it.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That definitely looks different from the body. I'm no paint person, but could this be because the area was highly polished and/or too new? Either way, I hope you'll get her fixed. BTW, what happened to her new shoes? I thought you got some new shoes.
Yeah I'm hoping they get it finished as well I already contacted the manager as I can see the other guy handling my car was not doing his job. The shoes are at home I haven't put them on yet I'm waiting tell I get back from vaca, we only test fitted them.

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I'm surprised they color coated the whole bumper. You would think they would just do the damaged area and blend it out into the bumper.
Bumpers are hard, but they should be able to match it properly. They need to tint the paint so that it matches the paint on your specific car. It will look different in different light too...
On my 2010 ES they repainted the front bumper (paint was Truffle Mica) and they had to do it twice, and that was my shop who I know does great work.
Hopefully they do it correct before I get back as I'm dying without my car, it doesn't help that Virginia has some 4GS around here good thing I haven't seen any F-Sports.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
"DAMN"... Who did the work? I thought I was seeing things, I even adjusted the iPad at diff angles. Not even close, I feel bad for suggesting you get it repaired. You'd have been better off ******* it up with touch up paint, at least it would not have been noticeable. You didn't pay them did you? I hate to say it but that has to be painted again. I hate when someone has to touch my car, even Lexus (so called) techs. Your car is never the same.
Yeah I wouldn't blame you I had to get it done anyways. I just really wish I was never hit, as this is just a headache. I'm not paying for this as I was hit from behind. This is Lexus I just think they didn't check it before it left.
Old 09-03-13, 01:32 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

This is Lexus I just think they didn't check it before it left.
Quite frankly, they just don't care. 90% of their customers don't care about it matching perfectly, and they have so much business coming from the dealer they don't need referrals and a good reputation to stay in business.

This is why I say don't automatically take it to the dealer or the dealers shop. Do some research, find a good shop, get referrals. If its the dealer's shop...great....if not...fine.

Thats pure laziness, they just didn't take the time to tint the paint properly.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended Today!