GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

JoeZ Full Exhaust video / sound clip (interior and exterior)

Old 03-31-14, 10:32 AM
mikec78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just doing a little update to the thread..After running the JoeZ exhaust for some time now...It just sounds awesome! I have put about 3000 miles on it now, broke it in and it sounds much better than the quiet exhaust that is OEM...(I must say I am use to it now and love going through tunnels and underpasses for freeways - then you can really hear it roar)...

You can see from my other posts that I played around with putting the stock mufflers back on, though I went back to the full system again...I just love the sound!!!

I took the car in to the Lexus shop to pick up a few parts and everyone came around it wanting to know more about the exhaust and the mods...they even put it on the rack to check out how the exhaust was put together...HAHAHA - gotta love mechanics and wanting to know more .

Anyways, I just wanted to thank JoeZ for the quality of product he puts out...!!!! Keep up the great work man!
Old 07-13-14, 08:42 PM
mikec78
Driver

JUST UPDATING THE THREAD:

So I haven't seen many video clips of the Axle-back installation so (call me crazy or call me just board)...I went ahead and modified the exhaust on the car today (with the help of Tommy - musicbox)...

Here is the new setup (for now):
1) OEM mid section
2) JoeZ muffles (axle-back section)

** I have three clips now:
(1) - Full JoeZ exhaust
(2) - Mid-pipes and OEM muffles
(3) - OEM mid-pipes and JoeZ exhaust (mufflers) - this is what the clip below is

Here is the audio clip for you (Axle-Back):

Here are my comments
1) Full system - SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!! = there is cabin drone, that's what you get with a full exhaust, though the sound is AMAZING!!!
2) JoeZ mid-pipes with OEM mufflers - Sounds more like an Infinity G37 exhaust - no drone, sounds like stock inside
3) OEM mid-pipes (plus cat) with JoeZ Mufflers - the cabin has some noise but not that much at all...just a little bit .vs. stock or option #2...

These are just my opinions and I know we all have opinions like we all has belly buttons...so you be the judge of what you like and what you will run on your system. Either way, you can't go wrong with a JoeZ exhaust system...

Enjoy!
Old 07-14-14, 02:23 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds good but i think you need to do a video in cabin. windows up and windows down.
Old 07-14-14, 11:58 PM
mikec78
Driver

Originally Posted by neegroy
sounds good but i think you need to do a video in cabin. windows up and windows down.
I have tried every way to Sunday...and I did do a clip with the windows up, no A/C on, etc. - and to be honest you heard more from me moving around than the exhaust "drone" (so it didn't make the video clip)...the windows down to me is useless because you hear wind noise more than exhaust...and if you want to hear the exhaust with your windows down then go with the Full System - this is just my opinion as we all have them...

There are clips out there that JoeZ and other did with the exhaust sound and drive-by's which I think cover that portion.

If I get around to it I will post the one inside the cabin (if I didn't delete it already)...