GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 07:24 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

That it required either a whistleblower or some grassroots investigative effort to reveal that 2014 5 series M-Sport owners weren't getting the M-Sport suspension that they thought they'd paid for betrays a stunning lack of trustworthiness on the part of BMW.

What if this hadn't been revealed to Joe Public? Would BMW been content to allow those 2014 5 series "M-Sport" owners to drive their non-suspension-upgraded 535i/550i's in blissful ignorance into the sunset?

This is ostensibly a full fledged luxury car maker not some knock-off car manufacturer. Such shenanigans should not be happening in the first place.
Old 08-20-13, 07:25 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Natnut,did a BMW run over your dog or something?
Old 08-20-13, 07:29 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

hahahaaa

I have noticed BMW owners are very passionate about their cars. You even dare hint that Lexus is inching on the heals of BMW in performance and they get in a tirade. You mention reliability and they will be the first to denounce the importance of reliability and resale value. It's truly the ultimate driving machine and if God owned a car, it would be a BMW. LOL
Old 08-20-13, 07:32 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
hahahaaa

I have noticed BMW owners are very passionate about their cars. You even dare hint that Lexus is inching on the heals of BMW in performance and they get in a tirade. You mention reliability and they will be the first to denounce the importance of reliability and resale value. It's truly the ultimate driving machine and if God owned a car, it would be a BMW. LOL
So true,,, it was that way over on the Acura forums too.. such a testy bunch!
Old 08-20-13, 07:36 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
So true,,, it was that way over on the Acura forums too.. such a testy bunch!
Funny, I when I owned a '03 TL-S a decade ago, that was possibly my least favorite car after a few months. It was enough to make me never want to consider any Honda product ever again, lol. Maybe I'm a minority
Old 08-20-13, 08:01 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I swore off Honda products when they had V6 transmission issues back in I think 2001 or 2002. My brother's Acura CL-S was a nightmare to own. They have since gotten much better although not in the same class as the big three Mercedes, BMW and Lexus.

Still I get the old it's just a re-badged Toyota line. I still like my car though.
Old 08-20-13, 10:27 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
That it required either a whistleblower or some grassroots investigative effort to reveal that 2014 5 series M-Sport owners weren't getting the M-Sport suspension that they thought they'd paid for betrays a stunning lack of trustworthiness on the part of BMW.

What if this hadn't been revealed to Joe Public? Would BMW been content to allow those 2014 5 series "M-Sport" owners to drive their non-suspension-upgraded 535i/550i's in blissful ignorance into the sunset?

This is ostensibly a full fledged luxury car maker not some knock-off car manufacturer. Such shenanigans should not be happening in the first place.
Agreed but its not BMW thats the problem its BMW NA.
All the other markets didnt have this issue.

BMW NA didnt plan to offer it, just like it wasnt offered before the 2013 model year.
The window sticker nor the order sheet listed the Msport Susp when people order the cars - they just assumed it was included bec the 2013s had it.

Similar how the GS doesnt get foglights on Fsport in US but other markets have it.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 08-20-13 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-20-13, 10:29 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Natnut,did a BMW run over your dog or something?
Haha...

Yes, BMW owners are quite the one track minded bunch...
Old 08-20-13, 01:26 PM
Rbradleysd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Agreed but its not BMW thats the problem its BMW NA.
All the other markets didnt have this issue.

BMW NA didnt plan to offer it, just like it wasnt offered before the 2013 model year.
The window sticker nor the order sheet listed the Msport Susp when people order the cars - they just assumed it was included bec the 2013s had it.

Similar how the GS doesnt get foglights on Fsport in US but other markets have it.
I would assume as well (I've owned 5 BMW's) since BMW's sport package (NOT Sport Activity or Appearance) always included the Sport suspension which I always insisted on
Old 08-20-13, 08:39 PM
Liaury
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
I swore off Honda products when they had V6 transmission issues back in I think 2001 or 2002. My brother's Acura CL-S was a nightmare to own. They have since gotten much better although not in the same class as the big three Mercedes, BMW and Lexus.

Still I get the old it's just a re-badged Toyota line. I still like my car though.
My 2002 TLS had the transmission problem. Well, I had the transmission problem before the recall was announced. The dealer fixed it right up. It was quite trouble free for 12 yrs, 165k miles. I guess I had a good one. I hope my GS will be as trouble free.
Old 08-21-13, 03:03 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

You forgot to mention that BMW drivers are the root cause of all traffic jams up here. I catch these jokers in the fast lane puttering along all the time, they are the new Cadillac drivers.
Old 08-21-13, 04:39 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

so i just left the lexus dealership and the salesman and manager both told me that there aren't going to be any updates including led headlights, 8 speed automatic, or even the so called siri integration.
Old 08-21-13, 05:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by thISguy350
so i just left the lexus dealership and the salesman and manager both told me that there aren't going to be any updates including led headlights, 8 speed automatic, or even the so called siri integration.
This I don't believe. We have a source straight from Lexus that the Siri Eyes Free is coming on the 2014.

You absolutely cannot trust dealers. They don't have any information we don't have.
Old 08-21-13, 08:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Agreed. Dealers are probably the worst place to get any reliable information...

Originally Posted by SW13GS
This I don't believe. We have a source straight from Lexus that the Siri Eyes Free is coming on the 2014.

You absolutely cannot trust dealers. They don't have any information we don't have.
Old 08-21-13, 09:20 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW13GS

yeah man, the dealership told me when i asked if i should wait until the 2014 comes out before i make my purchase that there isn't going to be any new features in the 2014. i told them about what has been "leaked" or whatever you want to call it, and the salesman said that they needed to ask their GM about it. the GM said the same thing, he said nothing has been confirmed "new" for the 2014 model. im not sure if they were trying to get me to purchase now instead of waiting for the 2014 to come out or not. but if a rumor of an 8 speed auto is true i'll wait. if not ill take advantage of the new current offers

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350